Author Topic: Classic Mechs in new box set  (Read 4161 times)

Coriendal

• Master Sergeant
Classic Mechs in new box set
« on: 20 August 2017, 12:32:23 »
It would be really nice if we could buy the mechs we want in the quantities we want instead of dropping $60 on a box set that only has 4 new mechs plus another $25+ for 2 new mechs, one of which is in the bigger box set.  I would buy 4 each of the Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Griffin, Locust and Thunderbolt.  Not dropping $85+ to get 6 of the classic mechs I want.

Would be nice if we could buy what we want.  I like the plastic one piece mechs.  I just don't want to spend the extra time to put IWM mechs together, pin them, etc. if the plastic is available.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Classic Mechs in new box set
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2017, 12:49:27 »
It is 8 mechs not 4, and the price is not final. Though even at 8 mechs $60 is a bit high is that ends up being the final price. Even the $25 for the starter is not the final price.

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2017, 13:04:04 »
What are the 8? I know the two pack is the griffin and wolverine.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2017, 13:06:13 »
What are the 8? I know the two pack is the griffin and wolverine.

Box Set - Locust, Commando, Wolverine, Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, Catapult, BattleMaster and Awesome.

Beginner Set - Griffin Wolverine.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2017, 13:10:30 »
the COM, CPLT, and AWS are getting new sculpts

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Sentinel4

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2017, 23:09:12 »
When do these come out?  Are there pics of what they look like?
"Woe to the man that tries to remember, for it is his doom to always forget."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2017, 23:13:58 »
When do these come out?  Are there pics of what they look like?

sometime roughly in the next year

everything is a prototype at this point, including the box (like the wolverine, which got mirrored). the "Game of Armored Combat" version will include two lances. the intro set will have a griffin and wolverine.

« Last Edit: 20 August 2017, 23:15:49 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2017, 23:16:38 »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2017, 02:44:19 »
I feel obliged to mention that literally the only place you'll hear "the box set is $60" is from people on this forum that were not involved in the development process in any way, shape, or form.

We do not know how much the 8 'Mech box costs.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2017, 03:45:40 »
And before anyone chimes in with "what does the box say" (ringadingdingdingaringringaring) I'd point out the repeated statements made, including on the box, NOTHING IS FINAL and everything is just a placeholder and entirely subject to change.  Maybe it will be 60, maybe it won't, but right now it has no price - just something to fill space that looks like a price, so that people can get an idea of the layout.

It's called a 'mock up' after all.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2017, 06:31:34 »
And before anyone chimes in with "what does the box say" (ringadingdingdingaringringaring)

Thank you for that earworm - I'd finally got it out of my head after one of the other DJs at an event played it just over a week ago! [grin]
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Coriendal

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2017, 09:28:39 »
Thanks for the replies.  I am sure these are to get new players in, awesome.  However, I got the two core boxes with three sets of mechs in it deal and at least five Lance packs.  It would be really nice if I could buy the mechs I want in the quantities I want.  Don't want an alternative commando, catapult, etc.  I would love to get about four each of the classic mechs.  Not doing it if I have to buy another twenty mechs I already have three or more of.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2017, 09:30:24 by Coriendal »

Cergorach

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2017, 09:51:39 »
And before anyone chimes in with "what does the box say" (ringadingdingdingaringringaring) I'd point out the repeated statements made, including on the box, NOTHING IS FINAL and everything is just a placeholder and entirely subject to change.  Maybe it will be 60, maybe it won't, but right now it has no price - just something to fill space that looks like a price, so that people can get an idea of the layout.

It's called a 'mock up' after all.
This one we'll call a 'mockery up...' ;-)

It's not smart to set a cost on the mockup when it's not clear yet what the price will be, because it's a mock up you can easily set it to $??.?? And components to "A lot of Mechs. This is a consumer Con after all and a note with "Not final Packaging" refers to us as that the packaging isn't final, not what's inside isn't final...

Ben

• Corporal
  • Awwww Yeaa
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2017, 11:15:13 »
Box Set - Locust, Commando, Wolverine, Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, Catapult, BattleMaster and Awesome.

Beginner Set - Griffin Wolverine.

Is the Wolverine going to be in both sets? I thought it was going to be 10 different 'Mechs between the two boxes.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 21 August 2017, 11:22:25 »
Is the Wolverine going to be in both sets? I thought it was going to be 10 different 'Mechs between the two boxes.

Unfortunatley, you have as much info as I have, in other words, what I posted before, which is glean from the back of the Boxed Set Mock-ups.

What I CAN tell you with 100% confidence is this:

Beginners Box Set: Two Plastic mechs of some type (likely equal tonnage/BV, etc)

Big Boxed Set: Lots (exact number to be determined) of Plastic Mechs equally pulled from the 4 weight classes.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2017, 11:35:45 »
The Wolverine is in both sets.  There are nine unique Mechs between the two boxes.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Ben

• Corporal
  • Awwww Yeaa
« Reply #16 on: 21 August 2017, 14:13:45 »
That's too bad. It would have been nice to get both boxes and not have a repeat. A Centurion, Trebuchet, or Hunchback would have been nice as a second medium.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2017, 14:22:45 »
Big Boxed Set: Lots (exact number to be determined) of Plastic Mechs equally pulled from the 4 weight classes.

Has this changed since Ray confirmed 8 a week or so ago?

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2017, 14:23:49 »
Nope.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2017, 17:54:16 »
am i the only one here that will say this?
shut up and take my money!
seriously when do these sets are coming out?
why do i feel now as if i am living in ren and stimpy episode?
the real soon skit...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2017, 19:43:13 »
Made a collage.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2017, 19:48:02 »
Those are beautiful.  Big round of applause for everyone behind this!  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 21 August 2017, 21:48:51 »
Just speculation at this point, but I would expect IWM to put out versions of those 'Mechs for individual sale sometime after the boxes have released. Then you can pick which 'Mechs and how many of each you want to buy.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #23 on: 21 August 2017, 21:53:00 »
Well . . . I thought the Shad was supposed to be a different sculpt but it looks the same as mine- even the way the legs are set!  Might be missing a few very fine details.  Though I also expect the AC will be set in place.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2017, 22:08:02 »
Just speculation at this point, but I would expect IWM to put out versions of those 'Mechs for individual sale sometime after the boxes have released.

I think this was mentioned in GenCon by someone from CGL that IWM would be releasing after the boxes go to market, though no one mentioned WHEN it would happen. I wonder if that is a question Speck can answer, I know he has been tight lipped on WHAT they were able to release, at least for the classics.