Author Topic: Questions about image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates  (Read 1809 times)

Frabby

• Major
Questions about image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates
« on: 24 August 2017, 08:19:33 »
So I've been pointed to the highly intriguing image on page 9 of Field Manual: Updates that somehow had eluded my attention before.
The image obviously shows General Kerensky in the planning stages of the Exodus. Two things caught my attention:

1) The jump map on the large screen in the background, which is apparently the same map as the one they're leaning over on the display table. Can we take this as the canonical "Exodus route" out of the Inner Sphere (even though most systems aren't named)?

And if so, how do the rallying points at Camelot Command (1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook, canonical section) and Schwartz (Living Legends adventure) fit into the picture? Is the assumption correct or at least feasible that the route shown from Terra is the main route but they were joined by other sub-fleets from other rallying points such as the aforementioned? (Schwartz was explicitly to be used by the Manassas for its rear guard operation, i.e. not as part of the main fleet.)

2) The ship list on the left screed in the background. Chris "Chinless" Wheeler revealed that a number of BT writers had ships named after them there.
a) Can the names of BT writers be considered ship names even where not fully legible in the image? There is a ship of unspecified class named "*vedten" which obviously refers to CGL's WarShip guru Øystein Tvedten; can we thus assume there was canonically a SLDF WarShip going by the name of Tvedten? Similarly, in the left row, one ship seems to be named Coleman, can you confirm?
b) The class of the Boyle is largely illegibile; but it seems to be Aegis - can you confirm?
c) Soyuz means Sovetskii Soyuz, correct?
d) Liberator-class Morello... umm... the Liberator class was only later created from the six Avatar-class vessels that had joined the Exodus. The MUL gives 3024 as the introduction date of the Liberator refurbishing to the mothballed Avatar hulls. So are we looking at a different, older Liberator class? Or was the 3024 Liberator upgrade perchance already affected on one prototype ship, the Morello, that happened to join the Exodus? Or should this entry simply be disregarded?
e) The class of the Rondeau is largely illegibile; but it seems to be Essex - can you confirm?

Any more canonical details in that image that you want to point out/share?  ;)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Questions about image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2017, 14:07:59 »
No.
At best, "maybe, if later confirmed elsewhere."
But, no.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Frabby

• Major
Re: Questions about image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2017, 14:20:24 »
Well, it was worth a try.  :) Thanks anyways.

I take it the Liberator mystery shall remain unresolved for the time being then.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins