Author Topic: CJF Mu Galaxy 5th Provisional Garrison Cluster  (Read 1340 times)

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
CJF Mu Galaxy 5th Provisional Garrison Cluster
« on: 13 September 2017, 17:50:35 »
hi everybody,

my group stumbled upon a clan cluster in the deepest peripherie in 3049. i need to fit and stat out this unit.

it will have 6 dropships. 2 unionIICs, 2 lions and another unnamed. the clusters duty is to patrol the periphery and check/test in force every unit they can find out there. which happened to be the group with their 5 leopards, a lee and some other stuff.

now i need to staff this cluster. i was thinking about 3 mech binaries, the solahma infantry from the lions and a carrier. does this sound reasonable for this particular cluster and its duties?

and how exactly would the mech binaries look like? i was going for a light-medium omnimech star (to be rolled on the 3052 books rat´s as command star. but im a bit at loss for the other 25 mechs. what would the falcons give this solahma/free-born unit?

i gave the cluster no tanks because i didnt feel they were appropriated for falcons.

does this all sound reasonable? what sl royal mechs /second liner would you recommend for this unit? i need a balanced but believeable force. no binary of marauder IICs or warhammer IICs. this would be way over the head of my groups capabilities.

oh... and for all the mech binaries i would go for 3/4 pilots. only the command star would be 2/3 pilots...

those are my thoughts on the unit. please feel free to comment on this and help me to make it tight for the group, but not unbeatable.

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Re: CJF Mu Galaxy 5th Provisional Garrison Cluster
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2017, 17:58:30 »
Sorry, might be too late for the fightin'

Royals are pretty up in the air - whatever works for you I'd say.

Light
Plenty of Locust IIc and Firefly
Reasonable numbers of Howler, Ice Storm, Incubus, Jenner IIc, Horned Owl

Medium
Plenty of Griffin IIc and Hunchback IIc
Reasonable numbers of Shadow Hawk IIc, Wyvern IIc, Conjurer

Heavy
Plenty of Glass Spider and Rifleman IIc
Reasonable numbers of Guillotines

Assault
Plenty of Warhammer IIc and Marauder IIc
Reasonable numbers of Highlander

EDIT: adding Royals thoughts based on JFSB mechs:

(a couple don't have Royal variants, but if they're numerous enough I added them)
Stinger, Locust, Mongoose, Hussar
Crab, Phoenix Hawk, Wolverine II, Kintaro
Bombardier, Crusader, Warhammer, Archer
Rifleman II, King Crab, Thug, Stalker
« Last Edit: 25 September 2017, 18:09:31 by Bren »

Register