Author Topic: I can buy one PDF this month...  (Read 828 times)

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
I can buy one PDF this month...
« on: 13 October 2017, 11:38:55 »
I'm torn between Second Secession War and the Battlemech Manual (for the quirks).  I'm leaning towards SSW though.  Anyone want to recommend any recent PDFs that might be better?
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Re: I can buy one PDF this month...
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2017, 11:57:21 »
I was facing this choice a couple of months back.
But for me it was BMM or TRO: Succession Wars. Since they were both $10 for the PDFs.
I went with the BMM mainly because I wanted info not only for the Quirks, but some of the newer tech, I'm not entirely familiar with.

I'm also wanting a more complete TRO: SW (or perhaps a Revised...) once the HG nonsense is settled.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2017, 12:38:50 »
I'm also wanting a more complete TRO: SW (or perhaps a Revised...) once the HG nonsense is settled.
10,000 times this. At first I was angry there wasn't a warning that we were missing "the 13" or whatever the right number is, and that CGL didn't warn us that they weren't in there.

Then I calmed down and realized that they probably didn't want to mention for legal reasons: you don't include them, and it doesn't imply right or wrong. I just REALLY want them included, with new artwork, in the 2nd edition, be it 2021, or whenever. It would be nice to have all those mechs in one resource, and the TRO: SW would be amazing IF and WHEN they are included.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2017, 09:36:51 »
Anyone want to recommend any recent PDFs that might be better?
Different books are better for different purposes. What are you looking for, game-wise?