Author Topic: OK... You got me...  (Read 2313 times)

ironnerd88

• Private
OK... You got me...
« on: 16 October 2017, 19:10:00 »
I bought AS, and ran it at Anime Weekend Atlanta. We had a buh-last! Two Lances in under an hour! Just unreal. One of the guys I played with was a long-time Battletech player. After a couple games of AS, he pulled out his phone and ordered the hardcover Alpha Strike and Alpha Strike Companion on Amazon.

I tried it on my local gaming group, and they dug it (even the guy who said "Aw, man... not Battletech again!"). This week I am going to throw LAM's into the mix just to fiddle about with the Aerospace combat module of the AS rules.

I'll be completely honest here, I have not been super-impressed with a lot of the happenings in Battletech, but Alpha Strike (and the BMM) are truly solid products. Kudos! And thanks!
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
Re: OK... You got me...
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2017, 13:32:57 »
Welcome to the fun! If you're on facebook, join this group and download the pinned zip file. Its got a bunch of useful aids like table cheat sheets, tokens, aerospace flow chart, and more.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BattletechInternationalAlphaStrike/

atlask

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2017, 13:52:13 »
Wait till you throw arty into the game. Simple and fun to watch were the shell lands
Catalyst Demo Agent #881, Tulsa, OK

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2017, 14:12:10 »
Our Monday night gaming crew has fully embraced Alpha Strike. We are a couple of months into a mercenary campaign and they keep wanting more. I think the appeal is that the mechanics are simple and fast, but once you start digging into the formation abilities, SPAs and advanced stuff like aerospace fighters and artillery, you get a surprising amount of depth from the game. We have actually finished a battalion sized game with 15 players, many of whom had never played before, in a few hours on a weeknight at the local game shop.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2017, 02:57:01 »
Glad to hear it!  :D
(Don't forget to post photos in the after action reports subforum)
« Last Edit: 23 November 2017, 03:44:31 by JadedFalcon »