Author Topic: Bruderkampf - German promotional scenario booklet  (Read 2604 times)

Frabby

• Major
Bruderkampf - German promotional scenario booklet
« on: 13 November 2012, 05:59:03 »
I don't browse the German BattleTech site often, so I only caught this now: Ulisses had produced a 16-page scenario book called "Bruderkampf" for the BattleTech boxed set. It's handed out for free, and it's also free to download via their site as a PDF (here). I'm kinda surprised that it wasn't announced here yet.

The booklet provides a mini-campaign meant to to teach new players. It containsc six scenarios of increasing size and complexity, all of which can be played using only the starter box. It's quite well-made, with lots of fluff, 'Mech photos, and even photos of the gameboard setup.
The story is undated, but implied to be late succession wars era (i.e. 3025-ish). It is about two brothers from Shiro III in the Duchy of Andurien. One pilots a Trebuchet in the 5th Defenders of Andurien, the other a Hunchback in the Steel Brothers mercenary unit. They become estranged early on and when the Steel Brothers have a falling-out with their employers they actually end up on opposing sides on the battlefield, but are re-united when a Liao force tries to take advantage of their in-fighting.

Anyways, the most curious thing is the imprint, according to which the publisher is Catalyst Game Labs (the booklet's copyright is to Topps) and Ulisses humbly appears as the publisher of the booklet's "German edition".
Anyone know anything about this booklet outside of Germany? Do CGL intend to produce an English version? (It certainly seems to be a great idea...!)

Edit: Sarna article: Bruderkampf
« Last Edit: 13 November 2012, 09:53:55 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Bernard

• Recruit
Re: Bruderkampf - German promotional scenario booklet
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2013, 01:36:13 »
As in the PDF the maps are not too big (and sometimes cause difficulties with some special characters in PDF format), you can download them separately and in enhanced quality from here. The zip file will be found via the link "Bruderkampfkarten".

Register