Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 200165 times)

jackson123

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #690 on: 21 June 2016, 16:20:57 »
Or the clint which could be upgraded with lg pulse lasers and med pulse.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #691 on: 21 June 2016, 16:27:53 »
Actually, not what I was meaning . . . we know they are also producing a Guillotine IIC there . . . but I am talking about a collection of techs refitting captured designs or ones assigned to Protectorate units that are made up of IS tech.

In some cases, chassis would benefit from Clan DHS or XL engines over IS versions.  Like a Warhammer 7M with Clan ERPPCs which gives it 50% more long range punch but otherwise the same.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #692 on: 21 June 2016, 16:44:43 »
i would assume most of those would be on a "as needed" basis.. hard to be specific there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #693 on: 21 June 2016, 17:00:26 »
Well, flip it . . . build/collect a large pile of 'parts' like . . .

Clan ERPPCs . . . every mech they have gets the IS ERPPC pulled (and the Sea Foxes selling as a used part to the nFWL) to be replaced by a Clan model.  Or say 280 IS XLs, or DHS, or IS ERMLs, etc- basically what equipment change would you try to give a boost to the Clan Protectorate touman.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #694 on: 23 June 2016, 15:49:39 »
Interesting question, I'm sure. Most of the surviving Clan Omnis would be consolidated into as many full Stars and Trinaries as they can make while a few might be assigned to second line units until full replacement parts were available. 

There are many Inner Sphere designs appearing in the Nova Cat/Spirit Cat touman that are quite acceptable such as the Vixen/Incubus, Wendigo, Avalanche, Gambit, and Hellion.  Just to name a few.  Mostly, I think the Cats can't afford to be too picky about what mechs they have 'on hand', and are likely to repurpose any conveniently captured equipment for their own use. 

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #695 on: 23 June 2016, 19:35:43 »
Sure . . . but since no one else has answered I will trot out my 3 big fixes-

Clan XLs . . . whatever rating they have the most mechs using, for example the 280 XL would be used by mechs like the Havoc (35t & 8/12) and Guillotines, Hercules & Archers (70t & 4/6) for example . . . perhaps by others.  Frees up a few tons for other things and makes them less likely to be crippled in battle.

Clan ER Large & Medium Lasers . . . swapping these out as they are able increases the damage and range while being the same for heat.  Its another easy improvement to see.
Colt Ward

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #696 on: 23 July 2016, 18:50:23 »
heavies and heavier mediums would be what i would focus on, they give you more flexibility
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #697 on: 23 July 2016, 18:58:33 »
hmm.. you could switch any IS ER medium lasers to the clan models without effecting the heat profiles of the unit, but would increase the firepower by a lot.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #698 on: 23 July 2016, 19:52:13 »
I would do unspeakable things for a Clantech upgraded Carronade.  That thing's already nasty as hell.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #699 on: 26 October 2016, 08:19:34 »
i would love a pdf & book with new Clan Protectorate with Story, more informations and new Mech designs who base on the captured Mechs.
i would love a brand new experimental Omni-Mech for the i.S. to sell where the protectorate have only the most powerfull version.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #700 on: 26 October 2016, 09:08:15 »
I would do unspeakable things for a Clantech upgraded Carronade.  That thing's already nasty as hell.

Clan Gauss rifles are the same tonnage as LGRs.  Imagine all those swaps in the League that could be made...
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #701 on: 26 October 2016, 20:47:24 »
Though you only get half as many shots per ton, so you can't quite one-for-one
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #702 on: 01 February 2017, 16:23:13 »
i thinking still but not so silent that you can't read me...  ;D

Who rule now have the protectorate to follow Mariks order or have they a chair in the new found Goverment ???
...alone the Sea Fox and double Cats are an interesting patchwork

Are the Novacats Cluter equal and Self-employed or just under command of the Spirit Cats (like an absorbed Cluster) ?
« Last Edit: 01 February 2017, 16:26:05 by Doy »

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #703 on: 01 February 2017, 19:25:46 »
i thinking still but not so silent that you can't read me...  ;D

Who rule now have the protectorate to follow Mariks order or have they a chair in the new found Goverment ???
...alone the Sea Fox and double Cats are an interesting patchwork

Are the Novacats Cluter equal and Self-employed or just under command of the Spirit Cats (like an absorbed Cluster) ?

Each planet rules itself. They get together and elect someone MP, who then goes to Atreus. The military forces are led by the Spirit Cat Galaxy Commander, who is currently Rikkard Nova Cat.

The Nova Cat refugees from the Republic are concentrated in the Nova Cat Provisionals, and as they're led by a Star Colonel, they report to the Galaxy Commander. I've always looked at it as a weird hybrid of returning to the fold and being absorbed.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #704 on: 01 February 2017, 19:48:30 »
Abtakha for the Clan term adopted into the Clan
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #705 on: 04 March 2017, 06:52:36 »
When the Nova Cat cluster is Abtaka or Absorbed the Nova Cats are truly destroyed in my eyes.
As thrid faction in this Protectorate i would love more in the hope the cats grew up again to a Clan (I like when player can play them factions forward)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #706 on: 04 March 2017, 07:38:31 »
I've always found that outlook interesting.

The Spirit Cats, with their focus on mysticism and spirituality, stayed truer to their Nova Cat roots than the main body of the Nova Cats. Reading the material, you see a loss of faith amongst the Nova Cats in the Combine, and yet they're held up as the epitome of the Clan. The Nova Cats in the Republic are viewed positively because they're good little house cats that stay in their enclaves and give all their technological secrets to the Republic.

The Spirit Cats are demonized, marginalized and viewed as dangerous 'cultists' because they followed the vision of a leader, a vision that led them to betray their patron society, the Republic. But the main body of the Nova Cats did that twice before: when they broke with the Clans to join the Star League, and when they ran off to join Stone's Coalition (aka. the Republic).
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #707 on: 05 March 2017, 13:48:37 »
The Nova Cat refugees from the Republic are concentrated in the Nova Cat Provisionals, and as they're led by a Star Colonel, they report to the Galaxy Commander. I've always looked at it as a weird hybrid of returning to the fold and being absorbed.

given how little time has passed since they started doing that, i suspect it is just a temporary measure. shunting the refugees into their own formation makes it simplier to organize, and helps to avoid forcing the incoming people from having to choose allegiances blind.

i suspect the Spirit Cat leadership, and whatever Nova Cat leadership made it to the Protectorate so far, have been hashing out how to handle things. are the Spirit Cats a clan of their own or just the biggest Nova Cat fragment? what do you do with the Nova Cats that don't want to join the Spirit Cats officially? etc.
once the flow of refugees slows to a trickle, they'll officially integrate them into the Spirit Cats or reform the Nova Cats or whatever the outcome of those discussions decides.

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
  • The ends justify the means.
    • Built for War - A BattleTech TRO by fans like you!
« Reply #708 on: 05 March 2017, 19:13:53 »
I need a name for a Protectorate-built fast medium 'Mec. Figured y'all might have some good suggestions.

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #709 on: 05 March 2017, 22:16:19 »
Sea Cat?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #710 on: 05 March 2017, 23:38:08 »
Mad Cat III.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #711 on: 05 March 2017, 23:59:42 »
Mad Cat III.

I like where your head's at.. but if he wants a *new* mech name he could go with Mad Cat π.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #712 on: 06 March 2017, 00:16:45 »
Oh, derp.  I thought he was asking for a new (obviously relatively) fast Medium 'Mech produced in the Protectorate.  Whoops. :D

That said, my vote goes to Barracuda.  Which, to my knowledge, not only represents a fast, sleek, and dangerous ocean predator, but has also never been used on a BattleTech unit to date.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #713 on: 06 March 2017, 02:50:22 »
Oh, derp.  I thought he was asking for a new (obviously relatively) fast Medium 'Mech produced in the Protectorate.  Whoops. :D

That said, my vote goes to Barracuda.  Which, to my knowledge, not only represents a fast, sleek, and dangerous ocean predator, but has also never been used on a BattleTech unit to date.

I like it. So much so that we're already using it for another unit  :P

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #714 on: 06 March 2017, 03:13:27 »
How about the Caracal?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #715 on: 06 March 2017, 04:04:48 »
How about the Caracal?

Guess what...

(That one's a tank)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #716 on: 06 March 2017, 13:42:15 »
Fishing Cat?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_cat

Or possibly playing with names, Sea Lion?

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #717 on: 06 March 2017, 14:06:36 »
I do not think that Sea Lion would fit a fast medium 'Mech.

By the way, how is it going with Built for War TRO?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #718 on: 06 March 2017, 18:38:58 »
You could go with a new naming aesthetic.  Instead of something feline to denote a Spirit/Nova Cat origin, or something piscine to denote a Sea Fox mech... what about a name indicating a Protectorate origin? :)  Given the Protectorate is based from Marik, I suggest Aetos.  (Greek for Eagle)

CrazyGrasshopper

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #719 on: 06 March 2017, 19:47:57 »
You could go with a new naming aesthetic.  Instead of something feline to denote a Spirit/Nova Cat origin, or something piscine to denote a Sea Fox mech... what about a name indicating a Protectorate origin? :)  Given the Protectorate is based from Marik, I suggest Aetos.  (Greek for Eagle)

Protectorator?  :)

Register