Author Topic: Comprehensive Promo List  (Read 6231 times)

coloradog1

• Recruit
Comprehensive Promo List
« on: 22 March 2016, 17:10:47 »
Hey guys. Looking for a comprehensive list of figures you could not obtain from boosters/starter/action packs. Does anyone possess such a list? I would refer to them as promos, but I am not sure that is the correct terminology.

Thanks for the help.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Comprehensive Promo List
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2016, 19:31:51 »
Are you looking for a list of what is available or do you need it broken down by available in a booster, prize, or promo? There were a lot of units. Warrenborn has the full list. It just isn't broken down by type although BattlePlanner has that information.

coloradog1

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2016, 21:33:28 »
Anything that was not available in retail booster packs. That is the list I am looking for. Doesn't matter how you get it, as long as it isn't by pulling in a booster.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2016, 22:01:46 »
Minis or do you want cards too? For a general rules of thumb, if you go to warrenborn and click on an expansion, you will get a list of units. When you see the list jump back in size/unit type, that signifies the end of what can be found in boosters. The original Dark Age set had 116 units that could be obtained from boosters/starters. Units 117 and above were either prize support or a promo.

coloradog1

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2016, 22:15:19 »
Minis or do you want cards too? For a general rules of thumb, if you go to warrenborn and click on an expansion, you will get a list of units. When you see the list jump back in size/unit type, that signifies the end of what can be found in boosters. The original Dark Age set had 116 units that could be obtained from boosters/starters. Units 117 and above were either prize support or a promo.

Oh wow. That is a ton of promos in just the dark age set alone. Maybe I am missing something but it seems pretty tough to collect all the promos if you are just starting from scratch. Is there a reasonable way to try and collect the promos or am I relegated to just buying one at a time on eBay?

I am looking for a complete list of everything, cards and units.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2016, 22:31:38 »
There are better & worse online options. Ebay has a number of stores selling singles for fixed prices - just be very careful about shipping costs. One store might sell the minis for $1.50, and ship a dozen for $10; another might be $1.29 per, but ship a dozen for $60. Check.

Given the product's been out of production for almost 8 years, that's a down. Given they produced literally millions of the minis, that's an up. Completism may be impossible barring major lottery wins - eg. I have a couple of pre-production minis that lack combat stats, including one that never appeared in the MW game, but appeared in BT as the Eldingar. How many of them are out there ...  ???

(I ain't selling mine ;) )

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2016, 05:35:04 »
The promos aren't anything special except a few. The prerelease tourney versions of the Age of Destruction generic pilots are some. I'm still missing one. They aren't even listed separately on warrenborn.

What is the point of your collecting? The collection itself? To play? Your cheapest bet is probably ebay lots.

coloradog1

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2016, 09:18:10 »
The promos aren't anything special except a few. The prerelease tourney versions of the Age of Destruction generic pilots are some. I'm still missing one. They aren't even listed separately on warrenborn.

What is the point of your collecting? The collection itself? To play? Your cheapest bet is probably ebay lots.

My first priory is playing, but would also like to collect the majority of the released minis. I don't care about obscure minis that very few people own. But I did want a list of minis not in boosters to help me collect as a checklist. If you can help I would appreciate it.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2016, 21:25:38 »
I would look for the units that you want. I'm not sure I could easily compile a list of the LEs without spending some serious time. Realize there are over 2000 units for the game. I want to guess that there were 250 to 300 LEs that were released. Pick a faction or two that you like and go from there. You should be able to buy some faction lots on ebay. That will probably be the easiest and cheapest route. Use warrenborn as a reference on what was released.

greenflea

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
  • catalyst demo team agent #340
    • wanna know where to play?
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2016, 01:50:14 »
Which pilot card you missing Jan?
fomer Wizkids Battlemaster
current Catalyst agent #340

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2016, 12:04:45 »
One of the Darryls. I think P004. I would have to look but not really worried about getting it. I can't say that I am concerned about completing that set. But thank you for asking.

LordSinister

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2016, 23:35:31 »
Keep in mind that just to start with the Mechs. every LE was produced from a Unique.  Then you get into the early sets and both vehicles and infantry.  One LE produced for each type of unit, IE 3 Kage Battle Armor, plus 1 LE.  It was literally maddening. 

The infantry and vehicles stopped after the first 5 sets, or with the introduction of Falcon's Prey.  Now they just had Mech LE's, oh yeah, and Pilots and Gear cards introduced in the next set Age of Destruction.

Register