Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: LHU-* Lao Hu  (Read 32310 times)

Looter

• Corporal
Re: 'Mech of the Week: LHU-* Lao Hu
« Reply #60 on: 18 May 2017, 20:47:02 »
I am not really going to respond to this but hey your campaign games sound like so much fun.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #61 on: 19 May 2017, 23:42:19 »
The Lao Hu is one of those designs that cause some 'ugh' . . . I think they have some great designs (Men Shen, Trinity BA, Regulator) but I am not a Capellan fan.  Problem is usually neatly solved by the 1FSACR . . . which is where my single Lao Hu mini resides.  I really do wonder how many of the Lao Hu captured over the years get reassigned to that regiment with their pure cavalry nature- of course I also wonder if they were given a lot of Clan salvage like Timberwolves, Mad Dogs, Storm Crows, or Kit Foxes.

Like the previous mention, if I was using it in the campaign the question is where you get the space or crits to put in CASE.  If you need a mech with its capabilities, you want to recover it if it drops.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 24 June 2017, 11:26:31 »
 The original Lao Hu struck me as what you get when you cross a Thunder with a 4th Succession War Battlepack Cataphract and a 3050 Orion.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #63 on: 23 August 2017, 23:12:26 »
A terrifying design with a fatal flaw (lack of case and 3 tons of ammo in one side and 2 in the other). 

One of those things that scares you until you see how it can fall.

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 24 August 2017, 23:15:36 »
My standard go to lance for the Cappies was  a Lau Hu 3C, a Thunder 2L, a Ti Ts'ang 9J and either a Vindicator 5L or a Snake. Sometimes I  would swap the Ang for a Jinggau, but if I did that I would have to swap the Vin or Snake for a Sha Yu to keep it all legal.  Even when running a standard Lau Hu I never felt out classed by anyone.  And I fought ALOT of Falconers and Penetrators.