Author Topic: Coming Soon to MegaMek  (Read 262393 times)

zulf

• Sergeant
Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Reply #60 on: 02 September 2017, 01:12:00 »
Any chance we will get the ability to have contracts on multiple planets?  I'm trying out the "Noble" rules in ATB but i cant figure out how to get the "landhold garrison mission" to work so I've been running it as a yearly contract.  But I think that will prevent me from crusading for my faction once I get big enough to do so.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 02 September 2017, 09:06:12 »
As busy as neoancient is with other projects I would say not likely.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 03 September 2017, 11:41:50 »
Any chance we will get the ability to have contracts on multiple planets?  I'm trying out the "Noble" rules in ATB but i cant figure out how to get the "landhold garrison mission" to work so I've been running it as a yearly contract.  But I think that will prevent me from crusading for my faction once I get big enough to do so.

Just add a new Mission? That doesn't work for you?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 03 September 2017, 17:38:38 »
I don't think that is the issue...

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #64 on: 05 September 2017, 09:01:27 »
MekHQ only implements the basic mercenary rules in AtB, not the noble or pirate variants.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #65 on: 05 September 2017, 17:24:08 »
Any chance we will get the ability to have contracts on multiple planets?
By the time I got to the end of your past I forgot the question at the beginning. This is definitely on the list of things we'd like to have but I don't think anybody is currently looking at it.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 05 September 2017, 19:13:03 »
I have looked into it but haven't gotten anywhere near a starting point, so at this time I would think it is still a feature up for grabs ;)

Different contracts on multiple worlds isn't the issue though, its the assignment of units to specific contracts and then changing how the map handles those units. At present HQ doesn't even track where your units are actually at other than changing the location in the map. This would have to change. I have notes somewhere on how to do it but it is a big job and I haven't had the motivation to start it... but even then I am just a lowly contributor so who knows if my code would be worthy of inclusion  :P

Don't worry though, I will soon have the CO Peacetime operating costs up for review which is the first step in a long list of making management a bit more fun for some people >:D

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #67 on: 07 September 2017, 22:12:18 »
For you hard core MekHQ players that want Era and Faction play.

Merc's buying parts on the open market circa 3000

Comguard Commander orders replacement parts in 3000

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 07 September 2017, 23:20:39 »
Question, is that an optional feature? If not it should be as SL gear can still be found and purchased even in 3000, though acquiring said parts is extremely difficult and time consuming.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #69 on: 08 September 2017, 09:12:21 »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 08 September 2017, 15:29:40 »
and that is why you don't post in a rush or while half asleep  #P

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #71 on: 09 September 2017, 13:13:50 »
We've had a number of bug reports in the past about extinct units showing up in the "Purchase Units" dialog even though "Disallow extinct units and parts" is enabled. Really it should only have said parts, because we had no way to determine whether a unit is extinct. Until now.
[Edit: as I continue to work on this, I see that there was some code in place that could make units unavailable based on the expiration of the part dates, but that was not as thorough and didn't provide for hiding from the list without a considerable performance hit.]

Draconis Combine, year 3000, with extinct units and parts disallowed, trying to find a Hussar. Almost any IS power would have the same result.

For contrast, here is the same search with all the settings the same except with ComStar as the faction:

Note that this only deals with the underlying components, not any fluff about availability of the units. So the Royal HSR-200-Db shows up in the ComStar list* because they have access to all the components, though according to the fluff there weren't any left behind by the Exodus. From the intro date up to 2810 and after 3040** both these units will show up for other Inner Sphere powers. If using variable tech levels you would have to have the maximum tech level set at least to advanced to see them before 3055, after which they become standard tech. Without variable tech levels they are considered standard because all the components are found in TW/TM.

*ComStar only gets different extinction rules if "Use faction intro dates" is enabled. Otherwise they are treated like any other IS faction.
**If using faction intro dates, other factions will have to wait a little longer, because ER Large Laser tech was recovered by DC in 3037 and doesn't become common across the IS until 3045.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2017, 14:49:46 by neoancient »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #72 on: 12 September 2017, 21:14:54 »
More SPAs incoming.

Terrain Master - Forest Ranger, Frogman, Mountaineer, and Swamp Beast

Peacetime Operating Costs are also nearly in after finishing their review, just waiting for someone to merge.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #73 on: 22 September 2017, 16:31:29 »
Interesting....

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

trtw

• Private
« Reply #74 on: 22 September 2017, 17:10:37 »
Interesting....

very interesting............

will this allow for adjusting their loadouts and what they can carry?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #75 on: 22 September 2017, 17:32:32 »
very interesting............

will this allow for adjusting their loadouts and what they can carry?

The plan is to be able to build and edit Small Craft, Dropships, Jumpships, Warships and Space Stations.

Just to be very clear this is very very early on, and likely months away from primetime. But a Space Ship editor is one of the most requested things we get.

Neoancient can elaborate more on this.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #76 on: 22 September 2017, 19:49:53 »
That's pretty much it. This is a very early look (I started yesterday). It won't be in the next development snapshot. This is a look (so far) at dropships and small craft.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2017, 21:37:47 by neoancient »

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 22 September 2017, 20:00:58 »
AW YEAH, FINALLY A DROPSHIP BUILDER!!!
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #78 on: 22 September 2017, 20:48:51 »
Thank you guys for working on this!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

RahTol

• Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 22 September 2017, 22:02:16 »
Just wondering if there are any plans for persistent op-fors in ATB?

Also, with the extinct parts working, how would Wolf's Dragoons fit in there? I don't think it's expressly stated but it is certainly hinted that they had the ability to reproduce most star-league era tech before the Helm Memory core, at the least before most Inner Sphere factions.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #80 on: 22 September 2017, 22:38:03 »

It's been discussed but lots of stuff needs to be put in place before it would work properly.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #81 on: 23 September 2017, 09:23:18 »

Also, with the extinct parts working, how would Wolf's Dragoons fit in there? I don't think it's expressly stated but it is certainly hinted that they had the ability to reproduce most star-league era tech before the Helm Memory core, at the least before most Inner Sphere factions.

I started working on persistent OpFors for MekHQ (not just for AtB) about three and a half years ago and plug away at it from time to time. The force generator (which I also intend to offer as part of a new campaign wizard) has been almost finished for months now, but I've been busy with other features and haven't gotten around to the finishing touches. So yes, there are plans, but no ETA. At this point I would say likely next year, but I would have told you the same thing last year.

The rules for extinction in IO gives special consideration to ComStar but not to any other IS faction. The NIOPS Association comes to mind as another faction that had access to extinct SL tech. But MekHQ lets you choose whether to hide extinct tech.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #82 on: 23 September 2017, 12:46:19 »
[Takei]Ooooh my.[/Takei]

Thank you seems inadequate for the upcoming awesomeness.

RahTol

• Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 24 September 2017, 00:19:56 »
I started working on persistent OpFors for MekHQ (not just for AtB) about three and a half years ago and plug away at it from time to time. The force generator (which I also intend to offer as part of a new campaign wizard) has been almost finished for months now, but I've been busy with other features and haven't gotten around to the finishing touches. So yes, there are plans, but no ETA. At this point I would say likely next year, but I would have told you the same thing last year.

The rules for extinction in IO gives special consideration to ComStar but not to any other IS faction. The NIOPS Association comes to mind as another faction that had access to extinct SL tech. But MekHQ lets you choose whether to hide extinct tech.
Thank you for the reply, glad to hear it's at least in the works, keep up the great work!

Dose anyone know where I could find a detailed roster of what Wolf's Dragoons brought with them to the inner sphere?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #84 on: 24 September 2017, 00:48:10 »
Dragoons sourcebook is about the only thing that comes to mind but it doesn't go into much detail.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #85 on: 08 November 2017, 12:10:40 »
Preview of some of the in progress stuff from Megameklab and MekHQ.

Structure Tab                                                                                                                                                                    Equipment Tab

Assign Tab                                                                                                                                                                         Bay Tab

Preview Tab                                                                                                                                                                         

How about refitting a dropship in MekHQ

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #86 on: 08 November 2017, 12:27:42 »
[Takei]Oh my[/Takei]

I can hardly wait.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #87 on: 08 November 2017, 14:23:38 »
That's so awesome!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 19 November 2017, 07:56:44 »
And my new coming soon is... Nothing!

Well, not exactly. But I am not authorized to discuss it because of its highly sensitive nature :P

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: 19 November 2017, 11:46:12 »
 I cannot wait to finally be able to easily modify dropships. One of my most wanted coming soon.