Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 25779 times)

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #90 on: 25 September 2017, 08:32:17 »
There is no master specialization. Gunnery Specialization is from aToW while the other Gunnery is unofficial. They should be setup as being mutually exclusive in campaign options

They can be. They could also be setup to be successive as suggested by MoleMan. There's not only one way to play the game, especially when it comes to unofficial options.

MoleMan; MekHQ allows you to setup the quirks however you think makes the most sense. Some things are setup by default but it won't by default do anything special with the unofficial quirks and you can choose to disagree with the official rules.

For instance, I make Jumping Jack require the pilot already has Hopping Jack and then replaces the lesser version. Also the costs for completely different for pretty much all the quirks in my campaign.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #91 on: 25 September 2017, 14:55:25 »
For unofficial play yes, I was only stating RAW.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #92 on: 09 October 2017, 19:13:48 »
<<deleted >>
<<Problem Resolved>>
« Last Edit: 09 October 2017, 19:49:12 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #93 on: 11 October 2017, 09:35:28 »
This might be more of a user error than system error.

I've tried with both a Wasp and a Waneta, both in air mech mode.  Neither can jump more than their base jump jet range.  In short... How do I WiGE?  Using the basic battletech map, so they're travelling across flat terrain, no elevation changes.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #94 on: 11 October 2017, 10:08:02 »
If I am understanding you correctly, if your in airmech mode you just move like normal while floating in the air in airmech mode, dont need to use jump jets.  Change elevation with go up and go down buttons.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #95 on: 11 October 2017, 10:20:49 »
If I am understanding you correctly, if your in airmech mode you just move like normal while floating in the air in airmech mode, dont need to use jump jets.  Change elevation with go up and go down buttons.

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I hoped.

I try 'walk' and can only run 3 hexes, normal air mech walk.  I try 'jump' and I can only jump 6 hexes flat terrain, straight line.  So I know it's not elevation changes, normal battlemech jump.  I don't see a 'WiGE' button to get the full 18/27 of Airmech mode. 

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #96 on: 11 October 2017, 10:45:29 »
Use "Go up" to lift off the ground, just as with WiGE vehicles.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #97 on: 11 October 2017, 11:44:14 »
Use "Go up" to lift off the ground, just as with WiGE vehicles.

See!  Pilot error.  Thank you very much.  Now I just need to learn the WiGE rules.

Thank you very much

silverback

• Corporal
« Reply #98 on: 11 October 2017, 12:30:17 »
Helicopters use the same system.

robert

Ice_Trey

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #99 on: 15 November 2017, 01:28:42 »
Question:
In a 3160s campaign, I parked right on the edge of the RotS in hopes of kicking some stoner butt, but since the Republic hadn't been written into the contract generation RATs, no amount of clicking "Generate" would make a mission with them as the OpFor.

My version isn't super old, but it's not new either. Was this ever rectified, and if so, does anyone remember which update?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 15 November 2017, 10:19:58 »
3160? I'm surprised there any Republic at all by then.  #P
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #101 on: 15 November 2017, 18:01:02 »
3160? I'm surprised there any Republic at all by then.  #P

Yeah, pretty sure by 3160 what was the Republic would instead be held by the IlClan.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 30 November 2017, 03:43:50 »
 How come the Carack does not show up until 2960 in Clan service? It was available to SLDF and House Militaries before the 1st SW.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #103 on: 30 November 2017, 04:19:28 »
How come the Carack does not show up until 2960 in Clan service? It was available to SLDF and House Militaries before the 1st SW.

The clan carrack is different than the star league era carrack, which we don't have stats for yet.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 30 November 2017, 04:23:39 »
 I would assume it was almost identical. Bar any Hargel. Even the Clan version shows most weapons to be IS versions and not Clan versions. Was just curious

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #105 on: 30 November 2017, 04:56:13 »
I would assume it was almost identical. Bar any Hargel. Even the Clan version shows most weapons to be IS versions and not Clan versions. Was just curious

It would hypothetically be a relatively minor change. The armor tonnage would have to be recomputed and the clan weapons would have to be swapped for their star league versions. Arguably they might also be downgraded since it's not supposed to be getting into harm's way. But it would be easy enough. Still though, I assume the megamek coders would prefer to wait until we get official word.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #106 on: 30 November 2017, 09:45:35 »
We pull our intro dates from the MUL -

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=Carrack+Transport

Which looks like we need to update things again.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #107 on: 01 December 2017, 06:54:51 »
Wish they had detailed the Aerospace Carrier variant of the Carrack Transport.  There no record sheets and no mention on MUL.
It was in the First Succession War used by the Mariks.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #108 on: 01 December 2017, 07:29:44 »
 We can create that ourselves maybe with MegaMek once they release that cool addition they been playing with in a stable.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 01 December 2017, 15:19:58 »
If its not a Small Craft or Dropship then no. The ability to create or edit Warships, Jumpships, and Space Stations has not been added. Not sure when neo plans on handling that one, he would need to pop in to comment.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: 01 December 2017, 18:07:49 »
 Rats, I can easily settle for Dropship ability and maybe bride to get the Carack intro date changed for a release. Hint, hint

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #111 on: 01 December 2017, 23:48:00 »
Hey guys what is the best download source the SourceForge or got hub?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #112 on: 02 December 2017, 00:38:02 »
GitHub is where everything moved to. I don't think sourceforge gets updated anymore.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #113 on: 02 December 2017, 09:57:18 »
Advanced aerospace will be early next year, along with support be and protomech editing. I had intended move right from dropships into the remainder of aerospace but some of the code around bays and configuring bay ammo was extremely taxing and I needed to take a break and work on something else for a while.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: 02 December 2017, 21:04:41 »
 Take a breather, I know it is in the pipeline so I can wait some. I am not too into wanting to mod warships or even jumpships, but Dropships, that is a HUGE wish list item I been waiting on. Intro dates are pulled from MUL as Hammer stated above so I know Carack will sooner or later be available in 2784 era. Of course I could just back up my start date to 2781. Hmmmmmm, not a bad idea.

Then I have to figure out who to bride to be able to split my unit and deploy on 2 or more planets at the same time.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #115 on: 02 December 2017, 21:20:03 »
I know its on my todo list, I think neo was toying with the idea as well.. not sure if anyone else was thinking about it though.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: 05 December 2017, 15:24:38 »
 Another wish list, will we see fuel be added to the purchase list? I can simulate it, as I have been, but was just curious. I have a Aquaduct Dropship I use to haul fuel for my dropship fleet, Aerospace fighters and ICE vehicles. Just a pet peeve of mine to have to manually track the amount of fuel I have left on board and such.

I know the Fusion engine fighters don't use the same fuel, but I get pretty detailed in my units. I even tote around a ton of cargo trucks, fuel tankers, even loader mechs for cargo offloading and such.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #117 on: 07 December 2017, 04:14:32 »
Another wish list, will we see fuel be added to the purchase list? I can simulate it, as I have been, but was just curious. I have a Aquaduct Dropship I use to haul fuel for my dropship fleet, Aerospace fighters and ICE vehicles. Just a pet peeve of mine to have to manually track the amount of fuel I have left on board and such.

I know the Fusion engine fighters don't use the same fuel, but I get pretty detailed in my units. I even tote around a ton of cargo trucks, fuel tankers, even loader mechs for cargo offloading and such.

minus the aero fuel tankers, I do pretty much the same thing, including a kitchen truck and recovery vehicles/'mechs.  I wish there was a way to include said support vehicles in my TO&E without them coming up for scout/fight/defend missions. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 07 December 2017, 12:53:00 »
 Yeah that is a pain in the rear. I just go in and delete those fights as they appear. But since I also tend to fight huge battles, I have had my support command in a few fights. Like a huge base defense where all my tankers, cargo trucks and even the 2-3 fire engines I tote around but they are usually defended by at minimum a mech company, armor company or 2 and infantry regiment.

Start them in the middle, I then run them to the map edge and have them flee while the defenders try to keep the enemy away.

bluedragon7

• Sergeant
« Reply #119 on: 07 December 2017, 15:43:11 »
Organise your support in full companies, then they are not elegible for assignments