Author Topic: College Football 2017  (Read 1896 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
College Football 2017
« on: 02 September 2017, 18:44:26 »
The season opened up on a great note for me, Texas University Longhorns lost at home to a nobody from the ACC.  Just gave me a warm & fuzzy today . . . I missed the Michigan v Florida game, but it seemed interesting and I am not sure how well it will go when my team faces Florida in two months or so- heck afaik they STILL have not announced the starting QB.

Of course, tonight's main game is Bama vs FSU- except the Seminoles have 10 players ineligible?  Have to wonder how much that will affect their play.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
Re: College Football 2017
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2017, 19:08:11 »
The season opened up on a great note for me, Texas University Longhorns lost at home to a nobody from the ACC Big 10.
Fixed that for you.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2017, 19:16:39 »
hahah, sort of made the point though!
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2017, 21:40:42 »
Ducks are looking better than i expected. Gonna wait till we play other pac 12 opponents to REEEEE. tho ill admit its weird having our culture change. Liking what i see so far.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2017, 21:56:04 »
K-State put up 519 yards and 55 points in less than 23 minutes of possession.  We had three TD passes of 50+ yards, and a 18 yard rushing TD to go with a punt return TD and a 96 yard kickoff return (sadly no TD).

This... does not resemble any other K-State team I've ever watched.

I'm kinda scared.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2017, 22:13:09 »
Colorado opened up by beating Colorado State. And by that I mean the referees decided Colorado would win.

Seriously, ****** that game forever- I'm even a Buffs fan and that was disgusting.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2017, 22:38:33 »
Purdue vs Louisville felt like that in the 3Q . . . the touchdown drive kept alive by WTF ref calls.  I was expecting the DL to get roughing the passer for shoving him to the ground as he charged through the line.  Nope, they called targeting b/c their facemasks touched.

I mean Purdue shot themselves in the foot twice with a INT and other turn overs, but the three calls on that drive were just silly- targeting, pass interference and the running back had the ball stripped before crossing the plane.
Colt Ward

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #7 on: 03 September 2017, 07:37:40 »
K-State put up 519 yards and 55 points in less than 23 minutes of possession.  We had three TD passes of 50+ yards, and a 18 yard rushing TD to go with a punt return TD and a 96 yard kickoff return (sadly no TD).

I'm kinda scared.

We have a family friend who is a freshman offensive lineman on the K-State team this year, so we will be following that team's progress closely.

Colorado opened up by beating Colorado State. And by that I mean the referees decided Colorado would win.

Seriously, ****** that game forever- I'm even a Buffs fan and that was disgusting.

Being married to a CSU alum whose family has a long history with the university (one of her father's ancestors sold the land to the University that Hughes Stadium was built on...) I have to respond with a resounding "What else is new?"  CSU getting screwed by the refs, especially in the CU game, is like the leaves changing color.

And the less said about the game last night the better.  What would have been a promising CFP possible season even with the opening loss turned into yet another lost season that will likely end 8-3 and in a minor bowl game thanks to the loss of Francois.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2017, 09:27:57 »

I'm kinda scared.
To be fair, y'all were playing a 1-AA team (that actually kept it close for most of the first half).
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2017, 09:30:01 »
I may have to switch over to an A-State Indians Red Wolves Avatar for a while.  Besides being my mom's alma mater, they very nearly took Nebraska to OT last night in Lincoln.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 03 September 2017, 09:33:47 »
The first quarter.  K-State scored four TDs in the second, which isn't slouching regardless of what team it was against.

I'm led to believe UCA isn't a 1-AA bottom dweller, either.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 03 September 2017, 09:58:39 »
They moved up from D2 10 years ago, but they have won a couple of Southland conference titles since then. Now that Fayetteville has almost quit playing in the Little Rock area, I'd love to see UCA fill that void and try to move up to 1A soon.  Not sure it'll happen, though.  And it was 17-16 until what, 5:30 left in the 2nd quarter?  Y'all went on a heck of a run after that, though.
Sunrise is Coming.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 03 September 2017, 10:56:12 »
UCA held the lead for a grand total of 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter.  After that K-State scored three TDs in six minutes.  Do I wish the game had been put out of reach in the first quarter?  Of course, who wouldn't?  Am I concerned that it took another 10 minutes?  Not even a little bit.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2017, 20:33:12 »
Wooo . . . Texas A&M looking good . . . but that is usual for the first half of the season, if we can keep people healthy . . .
Colt Ward

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 03 September 2017, 23:27:07 »
Someone tell Kevin Sumlin it's not Halloween, he can knock off the Dan Quinn impression any time now.
Sunrise is Coming.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #15 on: 04 September 2017, 02:04:21 »
That healthy bit just had to jinx them . . . QB gets his leg rolled, comes back on crutches later in the game . . . and while the true freshman will be good, he needs seasoning.  Ugh.
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2017, 00:51:20 »
My wife is thrilled, her team won on the road against Ohio State . . . I was betting against her on that, so she happily collected chores.
Colt Ward

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2017, 08:15:00 »
I have now seen a 3rd and 93. 

CDT Special Agent #343

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2017, 10:59:24 »
To crib from another forum:

"Third and goal at the 7.  No, the other 7."
Catalyst Demo Agent #679