Author Topic: The ISaW Game Turn - April 3019  (Read 4453 times)

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
The ISaW Game Turn - April 3019
« on: 03 September 2017, 13:17:50 »
The conversion of the campaign game to incorporate the full rules set from IO, 1st and 2nd SW will be kicking off this weekend once the lads in North America are finished with the Labour Day holiday. I have the complete FWL turn organized and received the Capellan moves minus information I would not be privy to as House Marik (our Davion player has to GM that part of the turn).

I will only post the full details of the Marik turn, the other houses' turn will be summarized for brevity. The Tech Research, Foreign/Counter Intelligens and Spec Ops rules do add some interesting scope but the cost can be a check on wide spread use.

Strategic Situation for context -

As of March 3019 FWL forces were only launching small raids across the LC front but attacked Hall with four combat commands, which was defended by two mercenary commands of the Northwind Highlanders (we named the Merc commands). The two commands fought a number of rounds but were forced off the planet after being granted Honours of War. Elsewhere on the FWL-CC front all five commands of Wolf's Dragoons plus three more of Marik Militia have massed opposite Cronulla, Kujari (3023) and Goodna (2923). Not being sure of the defences (earlier raid attempts failed to give good information) the intent is overkill. Another eight commands are in the region ready to support or step in as needed depending on the supply situation. April is to be the start of the final drive to retake FWL systems from the Capellans.

House Kurita has asked for help via an offensive against the LC as payment for their support back between 3014 and 3016 when the FWL was on the ropes. Forces will have to be shifted soon to prevent the DC from getting pounded as they try to rebuild in the Dieron and Galedon Districts
_______________________________________________________________________________________

In sequence the turn looks like this:

Previous Balance: 640
Multiply x 1.05  = 672
Supply and Fort Maint. = 416*

*+1 RP cost per command for "Supply Problem" trait

This includes leaving approximately 1/2 of the commands unsupplied. The four commands on Hall will be unsupplied while they rest/repair but three fresh commands (supplied) are being moved as a screen in case the CCAF counterattacks. Supply is an issue in this game and one has to be careful not to spend too much on supply, forts, new commands, espionage and spec ops. It may even be necessary let some commands suffer "sustained neglect".

Merc Retention = 190
Plus 10% for +1 to retention DR. TN = 7; roll = 9
New Merc Hire = 0
Total Merc Expense = 209

RPs Remaining = 47

New RPs = 1446* (includes trade)

* Parl. Chaos resulted in a  -15%. RPs adjusted for +/- planets based on 3025 map (-12 RP for six planets, +2 RP for 1 planet)

Total RP Available = 1491

Infrastructure Purchase = 50 (Training Centre - Marik)
New Commands = 0
New Fortifications = 50 (Hall - 2323) Std-1
New Spec Op Teams = 10 (2 teams, very green, Andurien and Oriente)

Research & Development:
ComTech - 100 (10 DP) [research goal FAX2 in case of ComStar interdiction]
IndTech - 100 (10 DP) [looking to gain a x 1.2 RP bonus]

The following Special Operation and Intelligence Operations results will have to wait a few days while a neutral players executes the die rolls

Foreign/Counter Intel: 74
System Recon - Cronulla (3023); -2 TN
System Recon - Goodna (2923); -2 TN
Espionage ComTech - Taget LC; -2 TN
Factory Security - 2422; enemy +3 TN
Factory Security - 3223; enemy +3 TN
Transport Security - 3022; enemy +3 TN

Special Ops = 58
Team 1 (reg) move Atreus to Tamarind (2514)
Team 2 (reg) move Andurien to Cronulla (3223) - Sabotage Transport
Team 3 (vgr) move Andurien to Kujari (3223) - Sabotage Transport
Team 4 (vgr) move Oriente to New Delos (2623)

Movement RP Costs = 42

Orders:
Atrean Hussars (js) - move Asuncion to Hall
1st Guards (js) - move Berenson to Hall
Marik Guard (js) - move Berenson to Hall
Wolf's Dragoons Alpha (js) - move El Giza to Cronulla, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Epsilon (js) - move El Giza to Cronulla, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Beta (js) - move El Giza to Kujari, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Gamma (js) - move El Giza to Kujari, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Delta (js) - move El Giza to Goodna, attack
6th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Goodna, attack
9th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Goodna, attack
10th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Kujari, attack

All other commands rest/repair.

<<Taking a chance the other Houses will also take the first turn or two to rebuild weakened formations and test the system out. If none of my systems are attacked there will only be three battles to fight but I admit I have no idea what the Dragoons and Militia will face on the three planets. No digging in or fortifying orders issued to avoid fatigue and RP costs for extra supply expenses given this turn either.>>

RP expended before combat phase = 484

RP Balance = 1007

Repair RPs = to be determined.

I hope to have the espionage results by tomorrow afternoon (US time, middle of the night in the ME) which will allow the three battles to proceed. Post will be updated then.

Cheers.

[Edit: forgot to add trade to the original totals. The numbers have been corrected but since the turn was already submitted I could only add them to the pool of unused RPs (now 1007).
« Last Edit: 04 September 2017, 12:52:49 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: The ISaW Game Turn - April 3019
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2017, 17:13:54 »
The Tech Research, Foreign/Counter Intelligens and Spec Ops rules do add some interesting scope but the cost can be a check on wide spread use.

Then I think we're in ballpark on the costings. I did hope to get things so that you could do some interesting things, but not all of them.

Are you using a third-party to manage the intelligence results?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2017, 10:21:35 »
I thought about pushing a few more counterintelligence mission out but need to get a feel for the full flow RP needs now that a major push is on against Liao. If things get expensive I will probably fall back on a counter intel defensive strategy to product movement, comms and factories. The offense might be limited to the absolutely required "Planetary Forces" Foreign Intel Ops.

The -15% RPs and +1 RP per CC hurt the budget. I'm hoping for +15% RP bonus and maybe the extra supplies in the next turn or two.

Third party? After a fashion.  :)

I am still the official GM but running the FWL for periods when our assigned chap is unavailable. With this in mind I handle all the open game issues but turn over execution of the FWL moves against the LC to the DC player, moves against the CC are handled by the FS. This keeps me largely in the dark but to be honest, we all have a passing knowledge of most thing going on in the game.

With the Intelligence and Spec Ops rules we understand that certain things will need to remain hidden but the lack of a full slate of full time players makes that a bit of a problem. As in the real world there will be leaks but the group has been gaming together since our university days so the level of trust is quite high.

I have an email with the Davion move so I plan to post that once I know what Kurita and the "eastern" Capellan Intel/Spec Ops are (hope to receive tonight - I'm 8 hours ahead of the US east coast).   
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2017, 13:18:12 »
I did hope to get things so that you could do some interesting things, but not all of them.

Since Spec Ops teams need to move to their targets we are wondering about "Sabotage Research". We're playing it that a Spec Ops team must move to the capital to attack the research in question. This is assuming the facility is like NAIS on New Avalon and not just a regular lab on Robinson, Oriente or Tikonov.

For Transportation, Plantary Forces and Domestic 'Security' counter intel ops we also assumed the ten contiguous hexes must be described in the order. These could be a straight line of hexes, a curve or a blob of hexes as long as the 'shape' is defined. Is this the intent?

How do you suggest handling 25%, 50% and 75% results (Partial success) on the sabotage table where transport, communications and industry are concerned?

In the case of 50% partial success transportation sabotage, for example, would only 1/2 of the plotted moves to or from that system be allowed? All? None?

Same question applies to sabotaging research. Does 25% success reduce the results to 25% of 25% of the DPs. Example: 32 DPs sabotaged successfully would lose 8 DPs but with 25% partial success would this drop to just 2 DP (25% of 25%)?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2017, 12:51:49 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2017, 17:25:18 »
1) Good issue there. Without leading to a whole separate subsystem of tracking research centres, my initial feeling is to allow Sabotage Research ops at any house or regional capital.

Do you think it would be balanced to extend that to include hyper or major industrial worlds?

2) The intent is yes, any 10 hexes as long as they're connected. A line, curve, blob, are all legit. Bonus mystical brownie points if you use multiple operations to sign your name in the stars ;)

3) Partial effect in this case would be "apply percentage to nominal outcome". So your examples are reasonable - block half of movement orders, only reduce DB by 25% of the amount that a normal success would have done.

In the case of over-achievers, by all means reduce DP by (for example) 150% of value; however, I can't think of a reasonable and easily applied method to deal with over-achieving in transport sabotage.

Makes sense?

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2017, 17:33:50 »
*snip*

In the case of over-achievers, by all means reduce DP by (for example) 150% of value; however, I can't think of a reasonable and easily applied method to deal with over-achieving in transport sabotage.

Makes sense?

W.
Apply any penalty over 100% to the next turn?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2017, 17:41:25 »
Not a bad suggestion!

Another alternative might be to apply the remaining percentage to reduce any RP the system produces, as delivery trucks and courier bikes are crippled by the destruction of tyre stocks ...

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2017, 07:33:02 »

Makes sense?

Hmmm,.... I'm not sure. Spec Ops are usually fast, hit and run actions and these are taking place within the space of an entire 1 month ISaW turn. I can see  achieving 100% effectiveness but you can't kill what isn't there at the time the team or agent strikes.

Regarding opening Hyper or Major Industrial planets to 'Sabotage Research'. Maybe Hyper Industrials would be ok. If my understanding of the Universe lore is correct by the late 3rd and 4th SW, Major Industrial planets are big tool shops, but often still battlefields (how many battles for Hesperus II by 3025?). In my view, the boffins will be on campus or in advanced labs on the truly high tech planets, places where new prototypes could be made and security would be tight.

This limit would also make it necessary for Spec Ops Teams to work hard for the attempt and that attempt should be difficult at best.  :)
« Last Edit: 10 September 2017, 12:18:30 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2017, 09:35:26 »
Free Worlds League - Apr 3019 Turn, Part II

Foreign/Counter Intelligence Ops - Known Events

a)   Agents identify one command on Cronulla alongside a garrison of two infantry regiments
b)   Agents identify the New Hessen Armoured Scouts and two garrison regiments on Goodna.
c)   Espionage attempt against Lyran ComTech failed.
d)   Transportation security centered on Ipswich (3022) faced no apparent challenges
e)   Factory Security at Irian (2422) and Oriente (3223) faced no apparent challenges

Special Operations Summary - Known Events

a) Enemy Transportation nodes at Cronulla sabotaged, Team lost
b) Sabotage attempt of enemy Transportation nodes at Kujari failed. Team withdrew
c) One Liao Spec Ops Team eliminated on Hall.
d) It may be possible to turn one or two Liao agents to work for the FS in the near future (-2 and -2 TN turn agent next turn).
e) Enemy Transportation sabotage in the Hall system reduces movement by 50%. Three commands ordered to move reduced to 1.5 (FRN) round normally to two.

Movement Orders Resolution

a) Three commands ordered to move to Hall reduced to 1.5 (FRN) round normally to two. 1st Guards and Marik Guards arrive at Hall (2323), the Atrean Hussars are stopped at Berensen (2423).
b) Wolf's Dragoon's Alpha and Epsilon moves to Cronulla successful.
c) 6th, 9th Marik Militia and Wolf's Dragoons Delta moves to Goodna successful
d) 10th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma moves to Kujari Successful.

Battles generated -

Cronulla: 4th Tau Ceti Rangers (merc) vs Wolf's Dragoons Alpha and Epsilon; awaiting Liao response to surrender demand.
Goodna:
New Hessen Armoured Scouts (merc) vs 6th, 9th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Delta; awaiting Liao response to surrender demand.
Kujari: Lockheart's Ironsides (merc) vs 10th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma; awaiting Liao response to surrender demand.

« Last Edit: 05 September 2017, 12:01:22 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2017, 11:11:22 »
April 3019 ISAW Turn Part III

Capellan and Draconis Turn Summary up to the Combat Phase

<<*Game Note: Since our game did not use formal CCs as found in IO only the FS had fixed formations. Everyone else had a host of conventional regiments that they attached to Mech regiments or posted to planets. The Jan-Mar 3019 turns had been used by players to expend RPs to produce new regiments to start forming combat commands as per the ACS/ISAW rules. This meant most House forces (except Davion) had to start vacuuming up a host of garrison or otherwise unassigned regiments and forming them around the Mech regiments. The players did not have to use the ‘book’ command numbers consisting of x number of  armour, infantry, artillery regiments and so on but were asked ‘formalise’ their CC formations by Apr 3019.

Costs were adjusted so that a veteran Mech regiment (for example) could receive veteran conventional troops if they did not already exist. This worked ok for most except the DC, which had comparatively few conventional regiments to make this conversion (but his Mech regiments were always in much better shape than other Houses) while the LC was simply short of troops. As of April, these “legacy” regiments are still allowed to be purchased for empty slots in commands but now the limitations in the rules regarding quality are imposed (ie: max - regular). If a command is destroyed before the legacy regiment are built, those slots are lost and the new command needs to be built from scratch as per the IO rues>>

Capellan Confederation – House Liao began the turn with an adjusted 462 RP. Supplies and merc cost were deducted and new RPs plus trade added, the CC had 1405 RP for use.

-   Added one training centre at Nanking
-   R&D 135 RP for 10 DP into Com Tech (Close State and State Run Trait penalties)
-   Foreign/Counter Intel Ops receive 74 RP
-   Two new Spec Ops Team raised and 81 RP spent on Spec Ops
-   Move orders cost 26 RPs, no attacks ordered.
-   Repair armour to be determined, current RP balance 1029.5

Intel Ops Summary:

a)   Espionage missions against FWL forces on Asuncion, Berensen and Van Diemen IV very successful in identifying likely follow on forces for the attack on Hall. Total of four larger combat commands in position.
b)   Espionage attempt against FS ComTech failed.

Spec Ops Summary:

a)   Minor Industrial complex on Axton in the FS was sabotaged and production will likely be reduced for at least one month. Team withdrew
b)   Transport nodes to/from Hall sabotaged but extent unknown, Team managed escape.   
c)   Second attempt to isolate Hall by sabotage to Transport nodes failed, Team killed.
d)   It may be possible to turn one or two Marik agents in the near future (-2 and -2 TN turn agent next turn)

Orders Summary:

a)   Capellan Aslt Aerospace forces shifting towards Tikonov Commonality from bases at Sian and Grand Base
b)   Minor shifting of troops within Tikonov Commonality.
c)   Most troops planning to absorb replacements and given the ‘Repair’ order before committing to a counterattack to retake Hall.

Draconis Combine – House Kurita began the turn with an adjusted 399 RPs, after supplies and merc cost were deducted and new RPs plus trade added, the DC had 2127 RP for use

-   Added one training centre to Galedon V and another to Dieron
-   R&D 220RP to ComTech and 110 RP to IndTech for 20 and 10 DP respectively (State Run Trait penalty)
-   Foreign/Counter Intel Ops receive 102 RP
-   Three new Spec Ops Teams raised and 87 RPs spent on Spec Ops
-   *Legacy Regiments - DCMS raised 20 infantry reg’ts, 12 medium armoured reg’ts, 12 artillery bns, and 8 heavy a/s wings, all green, reliable. A further 6 regular reliable medium a/s wings were also raised. Cost – 882 RP
-   No movement or attack orders issued
-   Repair armour to be determined, current RP balance 661

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Espionage coupe against FS ComTech nets 21 DP. Similar mission against the LC failed.
b)   Agents discovered the 22nd Skye Rangers command of seven regiments and wings on Konstance with three aslt a/s space wings in orbit above the planet.
c)   Agents discovered a Lyran command of four regiments on Kimball II with an aslt a/s wing in orbit.
d)   Agents discovered the Bryceland DMM and 2nd Ceti Hussars on Grovel III
e)   Agents failed to find any AFFS forces on Niles other than a garrison of three infantry regiments and three tank battalions

Special Ops Summary

a)   Transportation nodes to and from Delacruz have been sabotaged, Team escaped.
b)   Sabotage mission of transportation nodes at Konstance aborted, 3 RP to be recovered.
c)   Sabotage mission against Valentina failed, Team escaped.
d)   Sabotage mission against communications on Cimeron failed, Team lost.
e)   Sabotage mission against communications on Kimball II failed, Team lost.
f)   Outworld Alliance attempted sabotage on Pondicherry. Likely a training mission, enemy Team escaped.

Orders Summary

a)   April to be used to bring as many front line commands up to strength without severely impacting quality. ‘Repair' orders given across the DCMS.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2017, 12:26:58 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2017, 11:41:17 »
April 3019 ISAW Turn Part IV

Federated Suns and Commonwealth Turn Summary up to the Combat Phase

Federated Suns – House Davion began the turn with an adjusted total of 945 RPs, after supplies and merc cost were deducted and new RPs plus trade added, the FS had 2088 RP for use.

-   Add training centers to Bryceland and Ulan Batar
-   R&D 90RP to TranTech and 135 RP to IndTech for 10 and 15 DP respectively (Brightest Minds Trait bonus)
-   Foreign/Counter Intel Ops receive 71 RP
-   Four new Spec Ops Teams raised and 74 RPs spent on Spec Ops
-   Std-4 fort on Quentin improved to Std-5, Std-4 fort on Axton improved to Std-5
-   Repair armour to be determined, current RP balance 1584

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Agents identified only garrison forces on Capra and Weisau in the Kaznejov Prefecture.
b)   Both the TC and MoC attempt to steal IndTech secrets. It is unknown if they were successful.
c)   There may be opportunity to turn current Kurita intel operations into two or three propaganda tools for the FS (-2, -2 and -3 TN propaganda missions)

Spec Ops Summary

a)   Transportation nodes at Capra in the Kaznejov Prefecture have been sabotaged, Team withdrew safely
b)   Black Ops attempt on Capra failed, Team withdrew safely.
c)   It may be possible to turn a Kurita agent to work for the FS in the near future (-2 TN turn agent next turn).
d)   It may be possible to turn a Liao agent to work for the FS in the near future (-2 TN turn agent next turn).
e)   Enemy sabotage team slipped passed defences on Axton and damaged factory. Axton reduced to ‘Other’ status for May, 3019.

Orders Summary

a)   Attempts to reinforce Delacruz failed due to sabotaged transportation nodes. Troops diverted to Groveld III.
b)   Numerous commands, mainly mercenary, continue to move towards the Draconis Kaznejov Prefecture and Liao Victoria and St Ives Commonalities. Most moves by commands without inherent jump ships are slow to keep costs down.

Lyran Commonwealth  - House Steiner began the turn with 882 adjusted RPs, after supplies and merc cost were deducted and new RPs plus trade added, the LC had 2740 RPs for use

-   Training Centers were added to Loburg and Arcturus, 100 RP cost
-   Arcturus upgraded from ‘Other’ to ‘Minor Industrial’ world, 597 RP cost
-   50 RPs assigned to TranTech and 200 RPs to IndTech for 5 DP and 20 DP respectively
-   Foreign/Counter Intel Ops receive 156 RP
-   Four new Spec Ops Teams raised and 126 RPs spent on Spec Ops
-   Arcturus and Loburg each receive a Std-1 fortification for 100 RPs total
-   Repair armour to be determined, current RP balance 1376 RPs.

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Agents eliminate two moles in the intelligence services. One was thought to be working for the FWL and the other for the DC.
b)   Agents identify the 3rd Dieron Regulars with 1 Mech, 2 Armour and 2 infantry reg’ts, 1 artillery bn and 3 a/s wings (lt, med, hvy) on the surface of Kessel. There is also one garrison infantry reg’t and tank bn present. The DCS Luthien Aslt a/s wing is in orbit above the planet.
c)   Due to a bungled Kurita espionage attempt it may be possible to make extremely good use of propaganda (-4 TN Propaganda next turn).
d)   Marik and Kurita agents discovered attempting to steal ComTech.

Spec Ops Summary

a)   Enemy Transportation nodes on Konstance, Kimball II and Komopheros sabotaged, Team      successfully withdrew.
b)   Enemy Communications nodes on Konstance, Kimball II and Komopheros sabotaged, Team      successfully withdrew.
c)   A Kurita intelligence operative has been turned and is now working for Lyran Intel as an “Agent in Place”. Spec Ops Team was lost.
d)   The new Spec Ops Team send on a training mission to sabotage the Communication nodes on Radstadt was lost in the attempt.

Order Summary

a)   Troop movement limited and kept short to save on RPs. No attack orders issued and the bulk of commands assigned rest/repair orders.

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2017, 11:56:18 »
April 3019 ISAW Turn Part V

The Major Periphery States,… thanks to the Second Succession War Book

The Periphery States – The three major periphery states were dormant until 2nd SW book came out. With the new tech, intel and spec ops rules we added them as GM controlled NPCs so they can “keep up” on developments. Their activities are also intended to compel the major house to pay attention to events along, and deploy commands to, their periphery borders. ‘Pirate Bands’, similar to Mercenary Commands have also been introduced to add some depth and require more attention to the Periphery.

The three major states also have to maintain their armies and try to develop tech with the limited resources at hand (40% of RPs lost due to low IndTech) as well as hostile IS Houses trying to sabotage tech research (or, perhaps, support it). It is a test and looks like it may spice up the usual major House conflict beyond mere battles.

We also looked at trade between major nations such as the IS Houses and the Periphery states. While the MoC would gain greatly from unfettered trade with the FWL the MoC has limited offering to such a huge economy. With that in mind, the Periphery states gain the usual 10% and 5% trade bonuses but there IS partners receive only 5% and 2% of their value. As all money is good money, none of the IS Houses turned down the reduced trade treaty offers

The Magistracy of Canopus – with an IndTech of level 1 all RPs are multipled by .6, reducing the pool of RPs to just 203. Supply and merc costs reduced this further to 116. The reduced economy and trade brought this back up to 319 RPs for the April turn

-   120 RPs were assigned to IndTech generating 12 DP
-   41 RPs were set aside to Foreign/Counter Intel operations
-   A second Spec Ops Team was raised and 8 RPs set assign for Spec Ops

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Agents infiltrated the NAIS and managed to escape with 10 DP of FS IndTech information.
b)   Defensive operations protecting factories and research report no issues

Spec Ops Summary

a)    Dispatch of Spec Ops Teams ongoing without incident

Orders Summary

a)   Current positions covering the borders to be maintained. Movement restricted to reacting to border incursions only.

Outworlds Alliance – Also with an IndTech Level of 1 the OWA is hamstrung where RPs are concerned. Choosing to leave their one and only command unsupplied they only spent 4 RPs on fortification maintenance. With trade and a healthy surplus the OWA had 401 RPs for April.

-   150 RPs were assigned to IndTech R&D for 15 DP
-   45 RPs were assigned to Foreign/Counter Intel Ops
-   One additional Spec Ops team was raised and 17 RPs set aside for Spec Ops

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Espionage attempt against the LC’s Ind Tech failed miserably. It is questionable the Lyrans even know of the attempt
b)   Defensive operations protecting tech research and factory locations report no incidents

Spec Ops Summary

a)   New team dispatched to Pondicherry to on training mission to sabotage communication nodes report success and safe withdrawal from target.

Orders Summary

a)   Defensive position to be maintained except in response to foreign border incursions.

Taurian Concordat – Alongside the other two periphery states the TC is strained by the low industry tech levels. Supply and Mercenary cost used 144 of 287 available RPs with nearly half the ground forces left unsupplied. Industry and trade brought the total up to 419 RPs for Arpil 3019

-   200 RPs were assigned to IndTech research and development generating 20 DP
-   38 RPs were set aside for Foreign/Counter Intel Ops
-   A new Spec Ops Team was raised and 17 RPs assigned for Spec Ops

Intel Ops Summary

a)   Agents penetrated NAIS and obtained 10DP worth of IndTech. There is no sign the FS is aware of the attempt
b)   Defensive ops to protect factories on the capital report no activity

Spec Ops Summary

a)   Training mission for second team, move to New Syrtis for Sabotage against Communication nodes successful. Team successfully withdrew.   

Orders Summary

a)   No troops movements ordered other than to react to foreign incursions.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2017, 12:12:17 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2017, 20:00:31 »
So this game ignores the Dragoon's policy of not attacking their immediately prior employer?

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 06 September 2017, 10:09:39 »
Eww,.... good point. Although, the lawyers could argue the last 'employer' was Anton Marik,....so....

In any case I believe the Dragoons will be departing Marik space relatively soon after these current battles are resolved. We've tried to keep the more famous commands moving about in a similar pattern as the canon source note. When the Dragoons do leave for refitting the LC will have "first call" in picking up their contract in mid-3020ish. If they pass, the other Houses will have the opportunity to bid for the new contract.

To date, no one has refused to cough up the C-Bills to bring them on board according to schedule.

I've also been advised that the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers and garrison troops gave the Dragoons of Alpha and Epsilon a run for their money. The 4th has been mangled and surrendered but a number of Dragoon battalions knew they were in a fight. In ACS a hit is a hit and the target's skill doesn't always help avoid damage. No word yet on whether Liao will pay the ransom for the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers' release and parole.

« Last Edit: 10 September 2017, 12:34:08 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #14 on: 06 September 2017, 18:21:21 »
Rog, makes sense.  Good on the 4th!

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2017, 13:11:37 »
Awesome stuff!  Are you using anything to help with the bookkeeping besides spreadsheets?

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #16 on: 08 September 2017, 13:29:18 »
Nope,... spreadsheets. Each house has its own spreadsheet that details the strength of each command, whether it is drawing regular, combat, mercenary or no supplies at all. It also notes the location of fortifications, their strength and supply cost. Final there is a column for a brief summary of orders and a column that notes order points expended.

Each House also has its own sheet for economics, Foreign/Counter Intelligence missions and Special Operations.

The three battles are done and the Liao chancellor has declined to ransom the remnants of the three mercenary commands so they will be removed from his order of battle.

I should receive confirmation of the armour points being repaired tonight which will complete the ACS/ISaW 'End Phase' for Apr 3019.

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2017, 12:40:23 »
The 'End Phase' has highlighted the need to calculate the full armour value each command, the damage taken and even the 25% threshold for effects on experience points. All this means more time needed to adjust the spreadsheets, insert formulas and then record how much armour to repair.

It will take each house a couple of days or three to go through their commands and do the calculations. Marik and Liao are done but the other three are in progress.

End phase will be posted once everyone runs their numbers. 

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2017, 11:56:51 »
April 3019 ISAW Turn Part VI

End Phase - Apr, 3019

The battles on Cronulla, Goodna and Kujari generated 'Salvage' points of around 70-80 points eachs but as none of the Marik commands attacking had received the repair order they could not use them. 'Repair' orders cost 2 Orders Points and reduce the combat value of the such commands by 50%, not something one does with first wave combat units. The rules do not state what happens to Salvage that cannot be immediately used so we are assuming the planets now have a 'salvage pool' (worthy target if spotted by espionage).

This left the large number of commands in all Houses who were given repair orders for which they could use the rules for transferring armour between Combat Units and the purchase of repair armour for RPs. In running the numbers we also discovered just how many points the combat commands in each house actually possess. See the stats below.

House Liao - Repair Armour purchased: 4996 (no CCs received more than 25% of total armour value); cost: 63 RP; Total armour value of all active commands: 27,273

House Kurita - Repair Armour purchased: 4029 (no CCs received more than 25% of total armour value); cost: 51 RP; Total armour value of all active commands: 24,891 (the low number of conventional regiments shows here)

House Davion - Repair Armour purchased: 5296 (no CCs received more than 25% of total armour value); cost: 63 RP; Total armour value of all active commands: 57,292 (the large number of conventional regiments shows here)

House Marik - Repair Armour purchased: 2611 (no CCs received more than 25% of total armour value); cost: 63 RP; Total armour value of all active commands: 39,095 (the FWL possesses a mix of large and small commands reflecting the diverse nature of its military)

House Steiner - Repair Armour purchased: 3846 (no CCs received more than 25% of total armour value); cost: 63 RP; Total armour value of all active commands: 35,067 (the LCAF has a number of commands that are short conventional regiments but almost none of the commands have the large 'book' (IO) values.

As there were only three battles this turn 'Retreat' was not a factor.

The three mercenary commands mauled in combat all Surrendered voluntarily after being mauled. In two of three cases they could not managed to disengage due to the high TN modifiers so the player surrendered. In the third case "Transportation Sabotage" made retreat impossible, resulting in surrender.

Fatigue was added and subtracted to regiments as per the values in the orders rules.

Morale rules did not come into play as the defeated commands all surrendered.

Commands in Combat received +1 Experience Point for the ISaW turn. However, it should be noted that due to the large size of the attacking commands many battalions never even got close to the fighting. Even so the rules state the "Command" only needs to be in command. It may be better to track experience by battalion, the record keeping is not that much extra and this would prevent large forces from boosting experience without actually fighting (making at least one to hit attempt).

In a day or so I will gather up the entire FWL turn in one comprehensive post to show the entire turns flow from start to finish.

Cheers.   

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2017, 01:15:43 »
FWL April 3019 ISaW Game Turn

Previous Balance: 640
Multiply x 1.05  = 672

Supply and Fort Maint. = 416*

*+1 RP cost per command for "Supply Problem" trait

Merc Retention = 190
Plus 10% for +1 to retention DR. TN = 7; roll = 9
New Merc Hire = 0
Total Merc Expense = 209

RPs Remaining = 47

New RPs = 1446* (includes trade)

* Parl. Chaos resulted in a  -15%. RPs adjusted for +/- planets based on 3025 map (-12 RP for six planets, +2 RP for 1 planet)

Total RP Available = 1491

Infrastructure Purchase = 50 (Training Centre - Marik)

New Commands = 0

New Fortifications = 50 (Hall - 2323) Std-1

New Spec Op Teams = 10 (2 teams, very green, Andurien and Oriente)

Research & Development:
ComTech - 100 (10 DP) [research goal FAX2 in case of ComStar interdiction]
IndTech - 100 (10 DP) [looking to gain a x 1.2 RP bonus]

Foreign/Counter Intel: 74
System Recon - Cronulla (3023); -2 TN
System Recon - Goodna (2923); -2 TN
Espionage ComTech - Taget LC; -2 TN
Factory Security - 2422; enemy +3 TN
Factory Security - 3223; enemy +3 TN
Transport Security - 3022; enemy +3 TN

Special Ops = 58
Team 1 (reg) move Atreus to Tamarind (2514)
Team 2 (reg) move Andurien to Cronulla (3223) - Sabotage Transport
Team 3 (vgr) move Andurien to Kujari (3223) - Sabotage Transport
Team 4 (vgr) move Oriente to New Delos (2623)

Orders Phase

Movement RP Costs = 42

Orders:
Atrean Hussars (js) - move Asuncion to Hall
1st Guards (js) - move Berenson to Hall
Marik Guard (js) - move Berenson to Hall
Wolf's Dragoons Alpha (js) - move El Giza to Cronulla, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Epsilon (js) - move El Giza to Cronulla, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Beta (js) - move El Giza to Kujari, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Gamma (js) - move El Giza to Kujari, attack
Wolf's Dragoons Delta (js) - move El Giza to Goodna, attack
6th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Goodna, attack
9th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Goodna, attack
10th Marik Militia - move Ipswich to Kujari, attack

All other commands rest/repair.

Foreign/Counter Intelligence Ops - Known Events

a)   Agents identify one command on Cronulla alongside a garrison of two infantry regiments
b)   Agents identify the New Hessen Armoured Scouts and two garrison regiments on Goodna.
c)   Espionage attempt against Lyran ComTech failed.
d)   Transportation security centered on Ipswich (3022) faced no apparent challenges
e)   Factory Security at Irian (2422) and Oriente (3223) faced no apparent challenges

Special Operations Summary - Known Events

a) Enemy Transportation nodes at Cronulla sabotaged, Team lost
b) Sabotage attempt of enemy Transportation nodes at Kujari failed. Team withdrew
c) One Liao Spec Ops Team eliminated on Hall.
d) It may be possible to turn one or two Liao agents to work for the FS in the near future (-2 and -2 TN turn agent next turn).
e) Enemy Transportation sabotage in the Hall system reduces movement by 50%. Three commands ordered to move reduced to 1.5 (FRN) round normally to two.

Movement Orders Resolution

a) Three commands ordered to move to Hall reduced to 1.5 (FRN) round normally to two. 1st Guards and Marik Guards arrive at Hall (2323), the Atrean Hussars are stopped at Berensen (2423).
b) Wolf's Dragoon's Alpha and Epsilon moves to Cronulla successful.
c) 6th, 9th Marik Militia and Wolf's Dragoons Delta moves to Goodna successful
d) 10th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma moves to Kujari Successful.

Battles generated -

Cronulla: (CCAF) 4th Tau Ceti Rangers (merc) vs (FWLM) Wolf's Dragoons Alpha and Epsilon
Goodna: (CCAF) New Hessen Armoured Scouts (merc) vs (FWLM) 6th, 9th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Delta
Kujari: (CCAF) Lockheart's Ironsides (merc) vs (FWLM) 10th Marik Militia, Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma; awaiting Liao response to surrender demand.

RP expended before combat phase = 484

RP Balance = 1007

Combat Phase

Cronulla: defenders eliminated. No units remained engaged at end of turn. 125 Salvage recovered
Goodna: defenders eliminated. No units remained engaged at end of turn. 92 Salvage recovered
Kujari: defenders eliminated. No units remained engaged at end of turn. 63 Salvage recovered

End Phase

- Commands under repair orders repair armour, no commands elected to repair more than 25%
- Commands in Combat received 1 Fatigue for attack order and .5 Fatigue for each ACS turn engaged in combat
- Commands under rest order reduce fatigue by 1
- Commands that did not move or engage in combat may reduce fatigue by 1.
- No commands paid RPs to reduce Fatigue further.   
- All commands in combat add 1 Experience point to Combat Units.

Repair RPs = 33 RP
Reduce Fatigue RPs = 0RP

Final RP Balance = 974 RP
« Last Edit: 15 September 2017, 01:22:06 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN