Author Topic: MechCommander Gold conversion  (Read 1208 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
MechCommander Gold conversion
« on: 08 September 2017, 01:25:01 »
Just got my old MCG working on my PC . . . I cringe to think that game is what- 20 years old?  But still extremely playable, and while I am having fun with it- its been so long I do not remember all the ways to 'perfectly' play the missions- I was wondering if anyone had ever set the scenarios up for a campaign?

You could not play it against a bot IMO b/c the way they are programmed, but it would be fun as the start of a 'small' merc unit included in Op Bird Dog rather than playing Davion Guards.  The player's part in the campaign would have them starting off with a dropship doing a orbital drop of the merc lance- 4 light mechs, rolling them on a random table with one being a dedicated scout carrying ECM, BAP and advanced sensors.  Not sure about the players starting with a pair of Commandos and a Firestarter, but something similar drawn off the RATs for the era IMO.  The dropship, either a Union or something else appropriate for raiders with cargo to carry a repair vehicle, minelayer and a few APCs, would be the main repair base . . . and the first pair of missions for the green/regular pilots are sweeps while searching for clues about the missing recon mech.

How the 'mercs' grow would IMO be taking in battlefield orphans . . . several times the missions have you saving POWs or protecting underground 'rebel' movements which would be a source of pilots for mechs, armor crews, infantry and support.  Heck, if you can salvage Elemental suits its always possible to end up with a few of those to put on your side.

The other thing would be building the maps needed
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register