Author Topic: The Grey Baron  (Read 1009 times)

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
The Grey Baron
« on: 20 September 2017, 16:57:47 »
Wondering if anyone out there can help me.

There is - was - a Battlecorps story called "Quail Hunting" by Philip Lee.

I'm wondering if anyone out there who has it can give me any information about the "Grey Baron"? Name, bloodhouse, fighter, any bio data....

Or is it just "He was a pilot with a reputation and we nothing else"?

"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
  • My blood runs the color of jade.
    • Philip Lee Writing
Re: The Grey Baron
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2017, 21:19:16 »
The Gray Baron is an Inner Sphere nickname for Smoke Jaguar Star Commander Manfred Chrisholm, CO of Epsilon Galaxy's Charlie Command Star. In "Quail Hunting," he flew a Turk that's a darker shade of gray than the rest of his Star. The nickname is a play on the Red Baron, due to the number of fighters he's known for having shot down.

Does that help?

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Twitter: @JoeChummer
Author Page
Official Website

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2017, 21:22:00 »
A bit. Thanks.
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2017, 22:05:30 »
See and that's one of the best things: that's right from the source!

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2017, 22:38:59 »
And best of all, after he’s taken as a POW by Dracs, he’s carted off to a mysterious POW Camp that later makes an important appearance in the late Jihad. Assuming he survives 10 years in captivity...

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067