Author Topic: 1st Proserpina Hussars  (Read 1976 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
1st Proserpina Hussars
« on: 06 October 2017, 16:02:35 »
Just wondering what CM Kurita says about the equipment they were using to hold off the Jaguars, especially since Weaver tried to hammer them flat in her anger.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: 1st Proserpina Hussars
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2017, 23:23:09 »
They're not given a featured writeup in CM:Kurita.  Real basic info: medium Mech regiment supported by a light ASF wing and a medium tank regiment with an addtl regiment of infantry, and the Hit and Run and Off Map Movement special command abilities.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2017, 23:50:27 »
About matches what I found, any indications from RATs what they would have had?  I was figuring Wolverine 6K (maybe the -7K), Crabs, Kintaros, Phoenix Hawks, Dragons, Griffin 1N/1DS/3M, Quickdraws, Dervish, Shadow Hawks . . . basically 5/8 mediums and lights like Jenners, Spiders, or other fast little ones.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2017, 01:26:15 »
About matches what I found, any indications from RATs what they would have had?  I was figuring Wolverine 6K (maybe the -7K), Crabs, Kintaros, Phoenix Hawks, Dragons, Griffin 1N/1DS/3M, Quickdraws, Dervish, Shadow Hawks . . . basically 5/8 mediums and lights like Jenners, Spiders, or other fast little ones.

CM series doesn't do RATs.  They have Commands/Subcommands and the Faction Point system instead, which really doesn't compare at all.  However according to FM:DCMS they were rolling on the "A" rating for RATs, which would have been some of the best mechs available at the time.

But speaking specific mechs... I'd say you're on the right track.  I never felt Griffins were particularly Kurita-y, even tho they surely have some via salvage and Marik trade.  Dervishes even less so.. maybe Trebuchets instead of Dervishes.  OTOH Wolf Traps could be a good choice, but the 1st was a pretty prestigious regiment and mechs with such a bad rep would be kind of out of place.  Maybe throw in some Daimyos, depending on the year in question.  Lancelots have also been retconned in as being plentiful to Kurita; they'd be good raiding mechs as well.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 01:32:49 by Tai Dai Cultist »

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2017, 03:34:43 »
But speaking specific mechs... I'd say you're on the right track.  I never felt Griffins were particularly Kurita-y, even tho they surely have some via salvage and Marik trade.
pretty sure they didn't have many Griffins.. given they basically replicated the type in the Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (with its PPC and LRM5) in 2803, and then later the SHD-3K in 3075 (with HPPC, MML-5, and ERML)
« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 03:36:39 by glitterboy2098 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2017, 09:48:18 »
Point on the Griffins, I was just using ER3052's RAT to pick the 'cavalry' type designs and it gave a chance of all 3 IIRC.  Lancelot would be interesting b/c of the ComStar transfer like the Crab & Kintaro.

The speed, favored with supply and hit & run tactics explain why they were able to dance with the Jaguars in defense of a 5th Wave world without getting crushed.
Colt Ward

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2017, 17:57:41 »
The DCMS gets the 1DS Griffin, which is produced on Marduk.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2017, 20:42:49 »
There is a reference that indicates that the combine didn't much care for medium mechs (back in Field Manual Kurita), so you might consider leaning heavily on Dragons and Quickdraws alongside Jenners and Panthers.

I mean, Panthers don't look like they really fit with your concept, but you might consider them anyway. The Combine loved them some panthers.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2017, 21:43:06 »
True . . . but for the description of the unit I found, they are too slow.  Plus all those 5/8 mediums from ComStar had to end up somewhere.
Colt Ward

Register