Author Topic: oh man that hurt the wallet  (Read 1652 times)

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
oh man that hurt the wallet
« on: 06 November 2017, 15:07:31 »
Well last night I fell ( nothing new with that ) but when I did this time I managed to break my iPhone 6+. I actually shattered the glass, bent the housing and all. it worked but when we took it to get a new screen/frame it was damaged worse than we though, I had actually damaged the battery ( and the guy was shocked it worked and not exploded).  after a quick inspection the guy was like it cheaper to buy another phone.  I was like dang it  3rd phone in a year.  So my wife and I debated on what to do. We end up getting new phones both of us. and switched to Verizon carrier since she had issues with her last 2 phones not getting calls.   So as My wallet screamed in agony We got 2 Iphone8+ with cases screen guards and Apple care( which we shall need with my recent luck) sadly it  almost doubled out cell bill. and it locked us in a 2 year contract.  Lucky for me I had almost every thing backed up on the computer last week so I not lost any information.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Re: oh man that hurt the wallet
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2017, 15:40:05 »
Oh dear. Just buy bunch of used or otherwise cheaper iPhones. As for me, my iPhone 4 is still in good working condition and I have original N-Gage for back up.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2017, 15:55:34 »
Ouch! That really sucks. You should get some cases like the Otterbox ones (from my experience those things are nigh indestructible). Good luck on your new phones.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2017, 15:58:15 »
Well last night I fell ( nothing new with that ) but when I did this time I managed to break my iPhone 6+. I actually shattered the glass, bent the housing and all. it worked but when we took it to get a new screen/frame it was damaged worse than we though, I had actually damaged the battery ( and the guy was shocked it worked and not exploded).  after a quick inspection the guy was like it cheaper to buy another phone.  I was like dang it  3rd phone in a year.  So my wife and I debated on what to do. We end up getting new phones both of us. and switched to Verizon carrier since she had issues with her last 2 phones not getting calls.   So as My wallet screamed in agony We got 2 Iphone8+ with cases screen guards and Apple care( which we shall need with my recent luck) sadly it  almost doubled out cell bill. and it locked us in a 2 year contract.  Lucky for me I had almost every thing backed up on the computer last week so I not lost any information.

You sound like you have REAL BAD luck with phones having to replace 3 in a year..

Oh dear. Just buy bunch of used or otherwise cheaper iPhones. As for me, my iPhone 4 is still in good working condition and I have original N-Gage for back up.

My old flip phone i had for almost 9 years..  Before i had to update to a new android 3 years back (Work required me to have one to scan in pics of my time sheets and the like)..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2017, 16:46:53 »
My 14 year old has an OtterBox Defender case and it's kept her phone safe so far.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2017, 00:47:01 »
My 14 year old has an OtterBox Defender case and it's kept her phone safe so far.

I bought one when i got my smartphone..  Other than having to take it off to clean it, i've had no issues dropping it..  Well worth the 30 bucks i spent.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2017, 06:53:53 »
I will say the otter box defender as well, Granted I am using a Samsung galaxy 7 but its the second cell phone I have bought ... ever
my phone history is: v3 razor, used until it was loosing about 1/2 the lines (more or less every other line) on the screen got a replacement v3razor through a habitat for humanity (or similar discount store my step father actually bought it) phone 3 was my brothers old iphone 4S after he upgraded... and now I have the galaxy 7

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2017, 08:47:56 »
well it did have otterbox type case .  but the box cant stop 200+ lb and the edge of the steps from meeting lol

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #8 on: 07 November 2017, 09:48:49 »
well it did have otterbox type case .  but the box cant stop 200+ lb and the edge of the steps from meeting lol
Placement would be a help. If you got otterbox wouldn't it be a bit...safer holding it in the hand so 200 pounds or more can't concentrate on it?
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2017, 18:05:52 »
Placement would be a help. If you got otterbox wouldn't it be a bit...safer holding it in the hand so 200 pounds or more can't concentrate on it?
Not with me going up&down steps lol.  Plus it help if I could get enough free time and money to fix the hand rail lol. I fell one time this summer and hit the rail with my head hard enough to rip it from the wall at 2 points. and found out none of it was actually attached to the wall studs, just to the drywall. It just proved my head was harder than the iron rail lol..

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2017, 01:35:10 »
If you managed to destroy 3d phone this year, it would be best to turn to Cat phones, they are fairly rugged.
Shoot first, laugh later.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2017, 02:26:31 »
Or just get one of the new Nokia 3310s...you had to serious want to destroy one before it ever got damaged...

(Plus you could join the cool kids with your retro phone... XD)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)