Author Topic: Imagination and Entertainment in a Sci-fi setting?  (Read 4034 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Imagination and Entertainment in a Sci-fi setting?
« Reply #30 on: 14 November 2017, 10:50:17 »
There was a BattleCorps article about a long-running novel series called Rogue Com Guard that is apparently in the vein of such series as Casca or Mack Bolan. We know it lasted from at least 3053 through to 3072 (with 6 new installments per year!) but that's the last info we have on the series.

Here's an excerpt from the article (a review of the latest—as of May 3072—novel) describing the series:

Dude! They riffed Fugitive! Awesome!!!
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #31 on: 14 November 2017, 13:50:26 »
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned my favourite official in-universe show yet:

The Skies of Atreus City A police drama set in the Greendock precinct of the League's capital on Atreus, the hit show focused on the fictional Unit 515 Dixon Law Enforcement Airship, running on air for fifteen years.

I have this image in my head of the opening credits finishing with an airship appearing over the roof of a bank or something as criminals are about to leave the scene.

And not at all a reference to Dixon of Dock Green...
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #32 on: 15 November 2017, 05:43:44 »
One thing I could imagine springing up is a series TOTALLY NOT BASED ON THE WOLF DRAGOONS and the mystery about their appearance and so on.  This could then allude to the Black Widow's deadly rivalry (and hidden love affair! *gasp*) with The Bounty Hunter and so forth.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 16 November 2017, 16:19:56 »
Handbook Major Periphery states mentions a holovid series during the Star League era that lasted 11 seasons called "Under Cover" which "chronicled the exploits of five female Canopian secret agents masquerading as pleasure-circus employees"

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 16 November 2017, 16:21:58 »
Handbook Major Periphery states mentions a holovid series during the Star League era that lasted 11 seasons called "Under Cover" which "chronicled the exploits of five female Canopian secret agents masquerading as pleasure-circus employees"

I just decided for my headcanon that show is a remake of Fox Force Five from the Tarantino-verse.