Author Topic: (Answered) Infantry Armor Costs  (Read 1680 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) Infantry Armor Costs
« on: 25 December 2017, 10:26:05 »
TO, pages 317-318, and TM page 282.

What armor are conventional infantry presumed to have included in the base 2000xSQRT(Weapon Cost) formula in TM?  Since "normal" infantry doesn't have a damage divisor of 0.5, it must be something that has at least a total of 5 points of BAR on the torso (from the AToW Companion page 171 conversion rules).  As any TO armor kit purchased would replace this armor, I'd like to deduct it's cost per trooper.  My working assumption is that it's the "Periphery/Generic" faction kit, though I note the TO page 317 table lists several types of non-armored clothing that should provide a 0.5 divisor (per the Companion) with divisors of 1 (Clothing/Fatigues, Clothing/Leather, Heatsuit, Parka and Snowsuit).

EDIT: Per Xotl's most recent modification of the posting guidelines (specifically in reference to this thread not being marked "Research"), the first question is the one I'm really after.  What is the 1.0 divisor armor included in the base price of conventional infantry?
« Last Edit: 26 November 2018, 15:34:36 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Infantry Armor Costs
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2018, 15:34:30 »
We're saying that there's no rebate for simplicity/abstraction purposes.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: (Answered) Infantry Armor Costs
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2018, 17:52:23 »
Rog on no rebate... I'll stick with my working assumption of it being the Periphery/Generic kit.  Thanks!