Author Topic: Peterson Space Station Complex TRO 3057 Style  (Read 1713 times)

willis

• Master Sergeant
Peterson Space Station Complex TRO 3057 Style
« on: 27 December 2017, 00:31:38 »
I have used the available stats posted and the fluff from the Delranes Fighting Ships pdf to make a tro style entry for the Peterson.

I also want to let everyone know that all credit goes to the original authors of this material.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Peterson Space Station Complex TRO 3057 Style
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2017, 09:46:25 »
Something is throwing off the columns for me in Word 2010... ???

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2017, 13:06:21 »
@Willis That looks good, thanks for putting that together!

Sent you a PM.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2017, 13:20:09 »
Takes a few tries, but I can read it in OpenOffice.

Very nice structure from the initial description of it.

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2017, 22:02:58 »
Updated pdf file for the Peterson.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2017, 00:05:29 »
That looks much better, thanks!  O0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2017, 09:00:40 »
When you positively need to kill a hostile to your base....Amazing stuff, Willis!  O0
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2017, 12:14:26 »
It looks like each of the Peterson sections has their own mobile HPG setup, a large NCSS, and can control 324 SDS drones.  That gives the station overall a total of 6 Mobile HPGs, and 1944 SDS drones.  That is a massive amount of communications and control capacity.

I'd be tempted to have the Generic Station module be a 4th type, where you have the existing X-Z types, and this 4th type would be the central core that has extra structural bracing to hold everything together.  It would be the first component built to serve as the core of a future Peterson Complex, but still capable of operating on its own.  It would have large amounts of cargo, excellent communications, and plenty of passenger/crew capacity to reflect room for the engineers responsible for adding the other components on.  You could even add a 2.5 MTon unpressurized yard to reflect the scaffolding used to assemble and hook up the other components as well (using 62.5 ktons of the cargo capacity).

For its shape it would be a central cube, with a total of 32 doors.  4 for each of the facings to connect to the other Peterson sections, plus one door at each corner of the cube for after the full Peterson station is complete.  Depending on the need, you would install any of the other three Peterson class sections.  Install a Y axis station if you need more Dropship and small craft capacity, for large ship capacity you'd install X axis stations, and for assistance with long-charge routes you attach additional Z class stations.

To me, the axis class components provide almost too much capacity that is needed for a station.  If practical, only the central node would have the vast C4I systems (and even then, primarily the military would be in control of those), allowing the other nodes to be cheaper and more focused on their respective jobs.

Still impressive though.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2017, 12:34:23 »
The generic one is just the base that the others were built from, similar to omni-tech, only not as easy to reconfigure. From that point you can add systems to configure it to your specific purposes during construction of the station. The X, Y, and Z stations were designed from that base.

The Y is actually designed with reinforced unpressurized bays to hold the other two exactly as you describe using the generic one for. It used the reinforced ones so it could manuever around as fast as stations go, without risk of breaking the sections apart and damaging the station. However you could build a generic one with up to 6 such bays (the max legal on a single chassis), and make an even larger complex.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2017, 12:35:32 »
Ooooh..wow! This is AMAZING :D :D 

Also don't forget you can get the book with the Peterson in it here - http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=59443.0
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2017, 12:39:03 »
And here is the original thread I posted the design to go with it's fluff/picture marauder648 provided, and Willis made into a beautiful TRO style entry: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=57780.msg1329623#msg1329623

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 28 December 2017, 23:16:17 »
That looks much better, thanks!  O0
very much in agreement
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)