Author Topic: Building Hex Visual Aid  (Read 1571 times)

Latro

• Sergeant
  • I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work.
Building Hex Visual Aid
« on: 17 January 2018, 12:10:13 »
Howdy all you Mega Mek Monkies!

So I'm building a map - cos that's what you do on a snowy day off from work - that I want to incorporate buildings into and get to that point where I have to stare at the jumble of building tiles and look for that exact piece for that lower left corner of my oddly hexagonal building and... where the HECK is it??

I got a little fed up - to the point I started an excel file and created this little gizmo. All the Building Hex tiles laid out by FORM rather than by order of the image's creation.

I ordered them in the way that seemed to make the most sense to me. If anyone wants to use this please by all means do so.

One Note: I have added a new tile to the tileset (and trudged through the fun of adding it to all the tilesets  :P):

For some odd reason this tile was not apart of the original 68. I can add this image as a D/L if folks want that as well.
time is meaningless, and yet it is all that exists...

scJazz

• Captain
Re: Building Hex Visual Aid
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2018, 12:13:29 »
LMAO +1 for bored Snowy Days causing useful stuff to happen!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Building Hex Visual Aid
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2018, 06:13:09 »
Nice work!
(Also, looking forward to seeing any maps you add to the distros!)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."