Author Topic: opfor, Clan invasion period  (Read 1758 times)

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
opfor, Clan invasion period
« on: 19 March 2017, 12:15:09 »
Hi folks, had posted this on a few forums, but not this one previously, I don't think.

Anyways

Looking for a few reliable Clan opfors in the coming months.  While I have a pool of opfors, a few of them are uninterested in the upcoming Clan invasion in the campaign.

A couple things that I will be doing with the campaign; the opfor is a persistent opfor, and potential Clan players will actually get to bid against the player force to determine what is brought based on CPNX files I have built already in mekhq.  Not revealing the units here as don't want my players (also on this forum) to know what units they could face. 

The bid winner will also get a couple goodies, to encourage an opfor to win with a low bid.  Specifically, they will get to have an upgraded commander, and to customize their own omni design.  Other potential opfors are still free to play as sub-units  too. 

Updated: as I had a few questions about bidding, it will be at the Galaxy/Cluster level.  That's right.  You'll get a couple CPNX for MekhQ with TO&Es and an intel summary (via Comstar) of what the player force will have.  You can then plan your force accordingly. 

Bragging rights if you defeat my player force and force them off-world. 

Agent # 703

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: opfor, Clan invasion period
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2017, 09:17:30 »
Depending on when you all play, I might be able to help. Sounds like an interesting way of handling the invasion.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2017, 12:21:45 »
How often would we play?

I´d be interested, generally, but I´m on Central European Time, so it´d probably be more difficult to arrange a game that isn´t in the middle of the night for me.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2017, 14:09:54 »
Why wouldnt they be interested in playing as the clans vs IS, you'd have a huge advantage.

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2017, 16:08:01 »
Why wouldnt they be interested in playing as the clans vs IS, you'd have a huge advantage.

Because some folks don't like playing clans. 
Agent # 703

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2017, 16:09:34 »
How often would we play?

I´d be interested, generally, but I´m on Central European Time, so it´d probably be more difficult to arrange a game that isn´t in the middle of the night for me.

Have one euro player so it's actually not as bad as you think!  I have several opfors and players so usually a couple games a week.
Agent # 703

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2017, 06:21:08 »
All right, if you´ll have me, I´m in.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2017, 01:34:04 »
All right, if you´ll have me, I´m in.

of course!
Agent # 703

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2017, 18:54:44 »
I'm always down to opfor as clan forces, bidding will make it even more fun! weekends work best for me.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face