Author Topic: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links  (Read 57759 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links
« on: 15 April 2015, 12:05:03 »
Welcome to the Battletech Fanbook and Project list!  This resource is for the players, some of whom just have a passing interest in something new for their gaming group, are in the process of creating a project or have a finished one to share with the rest of the community, or, like me, simply love the game and no amount of new, canon products will quench the desire for something new to read or just look at cool art.

I'd like to ask people for their projects to add to my collection!  It doesn't need to be finished, either.  So far, the plan is to use a free Dropbox account to allow for people to ask for, and share,  their projects.  We all have jobs, families, and other demands on our time, but a fair bit of the time there are established sites where interested people can DL these things for themselves.

I'd also like people to refrain from criticizing other people's projects; its important to the people creating something, and you shouldn't dump on somebody else's parade.  What have YOU done to expand the Battletech Universe?

(The list so far is under construction; every time I think I have a handle on the sheer quantity of .pdfs or websites, I realize I forgot something, so please be patient.  If you can, PM me to add a new project or link, and we can go on from here. )

Let's get started!
« Last Edit: 15 April 2015, 16:46:07 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Red Pins

• Major
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks and Projects
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2015, 12:05:23 »
This section lists the sourcebooks created by fans; it includes Sourcebooks, TROs, and other types of products expanding on the Battletech universe.  If you have one to add, finished or still in progress, PM me and I'll add it to the list or help you find a copy.  I'll add a quick review, so you can tell if its something you want to look at.  Keep in mind, its just my opinion.

ARMY REPORTS  These small, 28-page books by our own moderator WorkTroll are packed FULL of art and actual TT images, and are professional-quality books, designed to introduce new players to the five Great Houses of the Inner Sphere.  They have been compared most often to the WH40K Army Books, not that I've looked at any of those.

TROs
  These are the most popular books, canon and fan-produced.  Most identify the creators within, and quality varies.  I have renamed one or two, mostly to keep the grammar consistent in my collection.  Several of them are in foreign languages; they will be also be mentioned in a section dedicated to foreign books.  In no particular order, they are:

TRO: 3150 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental (Final)  The Extended version replaces the original, shorter PDF.  With about a dozen new artworks, this one is just short of professional-grade quality.  As an interesting bonus, it has a file to use these units in Megamek.
     TRO: 3063  The standard with which to measure all others.  All-new art, with about 100 vehicles and Mechs for the IS, Periphery, ComStar, WoB, and Mercenaries, set in 3063.  I have two copies, what I refer to as the "PPC copy" and the "Blazer copy", because my favorite unit has a PPC in one and a Blazer in the other.  Comes with a PDF of RS, and a smaller PDF outlining the making of this massive project.  There is also an on-line blog, now finished.
     TRO: 2830 Early Clan Vehicles  Mostly black and white, set in the early years of the Clan homeworlds.  Mostly 2750 art, with several new units and art from online-sources.
     Handbuch: 3062  A foreign language (German) TRO, mostly B&W.  Covers Vees, Mechs, AS, with a Battlearmor gallery, infantry equipment, and a unit outline of some sort with personalities.
     TRO:3062  Near-Professional quality, mostly original art and some canon mash-ups, this is a first attempt by the guys that did TRO: 3063.
     TRO: Clan Burrock  Written in Note or Word by the user Fear Factory on this forum, it combines history, unit info, TRO and some new tech.  I'm not sure if I have the latest copy - I'll check with him.  Mostly recycled line art from canon, this is good work.
     TRO: 3048 FGC  Created by the one-time Fan Grand Council, with both new and recycled art, covering IS and Clan BA, Vees, Mechs, and AS.  Above average work.
     TRO: Nuts and Bolts I and II  These are TWO big books, both put together with volunteer writing by the same guy.  Art from everywhere, new, canon, and CGI.  Covers IS and Clan, Vees, Mechs, and AS.  B&W, above average work.
     TRO: Shadows of War  My second foreign language (Spanish) TRO, professional quality covering Mechs and AS, colorful, with art from both computer images AND a couple pieces from David White.  Now in English, too!
     TRO: 2800  Exclusively AS-oriented, this one is mostly B&W, with original and canon art.  Professional quality.
     TRO: Lords of the Battlefield  Good quality, B&W, with original and canon art.  Produced by the LotB forum
     TRO: Defensor Hominum  Massive 260 pages, good quality, with some color pages, original and canon art.  Some of these units were deliberately given a XL engine that was not a perfect match, to allow new weapon, armor, and equipment configurations.
     TRO: 2600  Low-quality, Word file of HMPro designs.  Some hand-drawn art.
     TRO: IHPF  Fair quality, small 26-page TRO, some original computer art.
     TRO: 2866 Rise of the Scavengers  Professional quality, lots of color, original and canon art.  Includes rules for the Scavenger Universe.
     TRO: 3028  Reboot of the original canon 3025 with the MWO art.  Professional quality, mostly color, canon MWO art.
     TRO: 3062 Clan Wolverine  Average quality, text only - 94 pages of HMPro entries.
     TRO: DDD (Davion & Davion (Deceased) Good quality, B&W, new and recycled art.  Written in the fiction universe, it is mostly canon with some alterations.

Field Manuals
  These are one of the most popular formats, and it shows, there are almost as many of these as there are TROs.  Again, most identify the creators within, and quality varies.  In no particular order, they are:

FM: Wolverine0.4 Preview  This one is average quality, written in Word and saved as PDF, in B&W, using original and canon art.  Rather than a single file, its several small ones I put in a single folder.  Includes TRO and RS, Naval Roster (3062), and Random Mech/ASF tables.
     CBT Experimental Field Manual  Professional quality, colorful, with original and canon art.  Optional rules for terrain, movement, and lots more advanced rules.
     FM: Clans (Kepteyn)  Professional quality, colorful, original and canon art.  Part of the Kapteyn Universe AU.
     FM: Ripple Effect  Professional quality, mostly B&W with color art, this one takes place post-third SW, covering IS, Periphery, and Clan history, personalities, and military.
     FM: Non-Canon Clans  Professional quality, mostly B&W, with original art.  Covers six original Clans, from Kerensky's Founding on.
     FM: CC-Burrock  Good quality, mostly B&W with colored logos, original and canon art.  A more polished version of the TRO: Clan Burrock.  I THINK this is his final version.
     FM: 4th SW AU  Average quality, B&W with some color pieces.  It seems to be an early copy of the FM: RE book above.
     FM: Unseen Clans  Good quality, B&W with some color pieces, original and canon art.  Covers six original Clans, again from Kerensky's Founding on.  Has a rules section with new Vees and Mech.  Not to be confused with FM: N-C Clans.
     FM: Supplemental Non-Canon  Again, this is another similar title.  Good/Professional quality, B&W with some color, original and canon art.  Covers fan Mercenary units and non-canon House units.
     FM: AFFC Navy - Chris OFarrell's AU, Good quality, some color, original and canon art.  Includes home rules for Monitors (parasite ships), etc.  This is a magnificent book, and what a re-boot of BattleSpace would hopefully look like in which WarShips were more influential.  I keep this one on my desktop and most of the concepts have been drafted to include in my own AU.

Alternate Universes
  These cover a wide variety of possibilities.   Again, most identify the creators within, and quality varies.  These will be covered in order of size and complexity, largest first.

Shattered Sphere AU  Professional quality, full color, with original and canon art.  Covered by three Sourcebooks (Terran Republic, Project Phoenix, Mercenary Guild), it includes the TRO: 3028 and RS: 3028.  The Shattered Sphere AU is available for download at ourbattletech.com.
     Kapteyn Universe AU  Professional quality, full color, with original and canon art.  Covered by several fiction books (The Other Option, book I and II), Sourcebooks (Field Report: AFFS, FM: Clans), and a couple of background books (CISA (Center for Interstellar Strategic Analysis.") Year In Review: 3023 (Revised) and YIR:3024).
     The New Clans  Average quality, single folder of Word documents.  Large 'Unique Technology' section.  This one is my project, but its too big and will probably be abandoned someday.

Sourcebooks

House Amaris Sourcebook  Professional quality, full color, with original and canon art.  My first and personal favorite.
     Objective Raids: 3067  Professional quality, B&W with some color, with original and canon art.  A fan update of the canon OR.
     Mercenaries (Supplemental) 0.5 Preview  Good quality, mostly B&W, original and canon art.  Clearly an unfinished project detailing Mercenary units.

Free Catalyst Downloads
  These are the canon products released on AFD or Halloween  by Catalyst, available for free at the Battleshop.

Bruderkampf  This is a non-canon, but official foreign language (German) Scenario book.  I'm can't read it, so I can't tell if it's any good, but it seems it.
     Necromo Nightmare  This one is more Halloween, but it got lumped in here.
     XTRO: 1945
     Empires Aflame
     Welcome to the Nebula California
      Third League Turning Point Free Taiw St. Ives

Added May 31, 2015

Unit Dossier: Wilson's Hussars  This is a foreign language (Spanish) unit dossier; Professional quality, full color, canon art.
     Solaris 7 League  This is a foreign language (Spanish) Sourcebook, good quality, mostly B&W with some color, original and canon art.  Players represent Stables in a Solaris 7 tournament.
     Explorer Corps: Beta Sector  This is a foreign language (Spanish) Sourcebook, good/professional quality, mostly B&W with some color, original and canon art.  This one looks VERY detailed, but I can't tell much more than that.  The individual star charts look magnificent.  Clearly this one was a lot of work and comes with a book of Record Sheets. (I think it does.)
     Record Sheets: Beta Sector  This is a foreign language (Spanish) Record Sheet Book, good/professional quality, mostly B&W with some color, original and canon art.  Individual Record Sheets for the EC: BS book, they look good with a new sheet design, but I didn't have time to look at them.
     Legionarios de Marshigama  This is a foreign language (Spanish) dossier of the Capellan unit, Marshigama's legion.  Mostly B&W, canon art.
     El Ultimo de los Dragones  This is a foreign language (Spanish) book, I think of a mercenary unit in service to House Liao.  Mostly B&W, canon art.

*These are from a Spanish website, Nadir Point.  It's been added to the list of websites.

Added June18, 2015

TRO: Shadows of War 4.0  This is a foreign language (Spanish) TRO, professional quality, mostly color with original art (mostly computer art with a couple pencil sketches and some normal line art by professional Battletech artists).  The TRO comes in at a massive 276 pages.
   RS: Shadows of War 4.0  The RS for the TRO: SoW; files come in .MTF (record sheets can be opened with megamek and megameklab) or .ssw and .saw (for solaris skunk werks and solaris armor werks).  If you don't have these programs, they are free to DL, or you can just use a blank sheet like I do.

TRO: Shadows of War (English Translation)  The English versions of the TRO and RS come with an additional, bonus unit, the 40-ton Spirit Vision.  The accompanying RS comes with sheets for the updated 4.0 edition, or so I understand - I don't have any of the programs needed to open then on the new box.

Added June 26, 2015

Field Manual: Terran Supremacy  Set in Catalyst's Empires Aflame setting, this FM was created in Word (saved as .pdf) and is of good quality, mostly B&W with some color, original and canon art.  Comes with deployment tables, and expanded information on the setting.

Added July 2,2015

From Dragon41673 comes a bunch I never even heard of, and you can thank HIM for sharing with me!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Inner Sphere  Similar to the Army Reports, the HGTTIS is for new or prospective players looking for a faction.  Set in 3025, Good-to-Professional layout, mostly B&W but with color faction logos.
  The Martial Olympiad (2004)  Apparently a Fanpro Commando product with a set of 4 scenarios to be played at GenCon 2004, so its probably too late to register.   O:-)  Average quality, colored cover page but no other art, mostly text.  About what you'd expect.  Scenarios look interesting, but I don't have an opponent to let you know.
  TRO: 2600  Average quality, a couple pieces of pencil art, mostly text.  One of the few I've seen to page L/R instead of U/D.
  TRO: IHPF  This looks like an abandoned project, with a blank cover page and a couple other little details.  Good quality, B&W, original art (including a VERY nice forward-swept winged ASF with two images).
  TRO42  From the website of the same name.  Good quality, original computer art, lots of color.  Set about 3058.

TRO: Defensor Hominum  The star of the group, this one is a massive 270 pages.  Professional quality, Color plates, new and canon art, covers Vees, Mechs, and ASF.  And let me say, I think Wizkids/Catalyst really lost out with the idea behind TRO: Defensor Hominum; a crash program by ComStar to create a series of post-Star League 'Royal' variants (or 'Clanbusters' if you've read the Tukayyid book) exclusively for the Battle of Tukayyid and Operation: Scorpion.
  Standouts include the Vedette with Turret-mounted GR and PPC, the 12/18 movement of the Cameroon variant, and a 4/6 Battlemaster with twin ER-PPCs, 7 MLs, and 4 MpLs.

*-Many of the units with this TRO were updated using ComStar's inventory of spare parts - which had massive numbers of certain common engine sizes, but only a couple of the 'oddball' ones found in several different units.  These units were deliberately given a XL engine that was not a perfect match, to allow new weapon, armor, and equipment configurations.Oversized engines are possible as a FrankenMech conversion. p. 189, SO.

Added Sept 17, 2015

TRO: 2866 Rise of the Scavengers  Professional quality!  MWOnline screenshots, canon art, and more.  Comes with Historical development of the Battlemech, Successor State maps of production facilities, Scavenger Universe refits (including cost, BV, Alpha Strike info), and optional rules.

Added May 7, 2016

Empire's Aflame - FM: Rim Federation  Good to Near-Professional quality, mostly B&W canon art.
  Empire's Aflame - FM: Confederated Suns  Good to Near-Professional quality, mostly B&W canon art.
  Empire's Aflame - Map
  EA Supplemental: Star's Aflame Fair to Good quality, B&W canon art with some color, some AU history but mostly Fleet listings for the factions.
  EA Supplemental: Star's Aflame RS LAMs, PWS, and WarShips
  EA Supplemental: Star's Aflame RS2 LAMs

Deck plans - Manatee DropShip  Average quality, PDF, computer draft of the floor plans of the Manatee DS.
  Deck plans - Mark VII Landing Craft  Average quality, PDF, computer draft of the floor plans for a MVII LC.

Added April 1, 2017

Delranes Fighting Ships 3061 - Professional quality, all-original art by Matt Plog with both canon and AU WarShip designs.  The actual stats aren't included, just the fluff, but its a very enjoyable read.  A user on the site, marauder648, is the one behind this project. 

* - Several small TROs (Fabrsynth militia, TRO 3063 Battlearmor RPG) and a couple others.  OF COURSE, I check to ensure they're uploaded, but didn't check here, so I have to go through the hassle of checking the actual Dropbox files with the TROs listed here.

** - this format is a bit messy, I'll start thinking about single headers for TROs, FMs, and Other instead of adding by date.  Should be easier.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2018, 22:16:31 by Red Pins »
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Red Pins

• Major
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks and Projects
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2015, 12:05:54 »
This section is for Game Aids; something that adds to the experience of playing the game, but isn't part of it by itself.

Industrial Tycoons Handbook (formerly the Industrial Development Rules) by the user Revanche.  Good quality, B&W, no art.  It appears to be instructions on creating an industrial base/facility with an accompanying worksheet, and with OR: 3067, absolutely unique in my experience.  I seem to have an in-progress and final version as well as a worksheet in PDF to track progress.

Strikeforce Card Game  Good/Professional, colorful, but it seems I downloaded links to the art, not the art itself.  The manual for this project says it's an "alternate RPG system for Battleforce and Quick Strike".  Since I never played either, I don't have an opinion, but it looks very well done.  If anybody knows the author, I would appreciate a chance to make sure I have everything for it.

Columbus Cartographic Services Maps  Good/Professional, colorful, not sure if these are original.  I have maps for 2750, 3030, 3034, 3040, 3050, 3052, 3055, 3057, 3059, 3060, 3063, 3067, 3130.  The PDF comes with a search function to locate obscure planets quickly.  The WoB hidden five isn't on any of them, by the way.  These maps were created by Highball, a user on this forum.

Dark Ages

Dark Ages Timeline  Written in Excel 97, this appears to be a timeline culled from various sources, INN, MW Dossiers, Battlecorps fiction, and DA novels.  It is HUGE - 2215 line entries, with separate pages for 'Sources', 'Patriot's Stand', and 'Hunters of the Deep'.  I understand the 'Sources' page, but the other two have me stumped - the creator seems to be correcting dates of events.
  Battles of the Dark Age  A Word file detailing the conflicts of the DA by world.
  Bloodname Houses of 3145  A Word file detailing the known units of each Bloodline,
  Common Mechs of the Clan Toumans  A Word file listing of the most common units, by Clan, using Clan designations. 
  Dominion War  A Word file listing the conflict by planet - looks like it might be a work in progress.

Wars of Reaving Timeline  Written in Word, this is a list of actions organized by year and planet.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 18:56:15 by Red Pins »

Red Pins

• Major
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and websites
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2015, 12:06:17 »
This section of the thread is to list on-line sites and resources; most of these are big enough that people are simply directed to these sites, to look them over and make up their own minds.

I want to make it clear: most of these are legitimate, but you surf the net at your own risk.  If you have a site, you can PM me with a link and I'll add it here.

Battletechwiki - Extremely useful, BTwiki covers all aspects of the game.  No forum.  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page
Megamek - The board game played on line, multi-player.  Forum.  http://megamek.info/
***SteveRestless keeps a server available for the game; his thread can be found on the forum, here - http://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/steve's-dedicated-server-thread/

http://puntonadir.foroactivo.com/t194-catalogo-de-proyectos-punto-nadir  This is a Spanish website, with several excellent sourcebooks, unit dossiers, etc.  Worth a look if you can read them.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 18:56:34 by Red Pins »

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2015, 17:38:51 »
urhmm where da links?
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2015, 17:41:52 »
...You have NO IDEA the number of links... I just need some time.  RL has intervened - I get to go have a steak dinner and an adult night!

*edit - Yeah, you do.  I just found the thread of old websites on ourbattletech.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2015, 08:56:07 by Red Pins »

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2015, 03:29:03 »
lol
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2015, 15:06:17 »
you dont want to know how many wayback links i have on my computer for battletech, star wars, star trek etc
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2015, 20:30:18 »
And don't forget the Field Manual: Non-Canon  8) (which actually preceded Field Manual: Non-Canon Clans) It's chock full of mercenary commands and non-canon House commands.

edit: Forgot the link: http://battletech.equals5.com/e-publications

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2015, 10:14:41 »
Hey red, some of the tro's and fm I am interested in
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2015, 14:54:10 »
I'm not sure if the Sarna.net BattleTechWiki should be mentioned here - it's more of a fanbase (community) project than a single person or even group's project. But it's still fan work.

As for Bruderkampf, that's technically not fan work. It's a solicited and officially endorsed free promo product by the current German BT license holder, Ulisses Spiele. So official, not fan work, but still apocryphal because of not being published in english. You can read up on the content on its Sarna entry.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2015, 22:54:11 »
And don't forget the Field Manual: Non-Canon  8) (which actually preceded Field Manual: Non-Canon Clans) It's chock full of mercenary commands and non-canon House commands.

edit: Forgot the link: http://battletech.equals5.com/e-publications

hmm.  Yup, got that, saw NC Clans and skipped over it.  Fixed.

As for Bruderkampf, that's technically not fan work. It's a solicited and officially endorsed free promo product by the current German BT license holder, Ulisses Spiele. So official, not fan work, but still apocryphal because of not being published in english. You can read up on the content on its Sarna entry.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2015, 22:59:18 by Red Pins »

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2015, 05:06:57 »
CBT Experimental Field Manual
     FM: Ripple Effect
     FM: 4th SW AU

May I the links for these red.
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2015, 16:16:57 »
Ok, I need a bit to get stuff into the dropbox site and I need you to send a PM with an email to send the link.  I should have everything lined up on my end tonight, after the kids go to bed.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2015, 23:21:13 »
ok
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2015, 23:25:25 »
Ready and waiting.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2015, 03:31:22 »
Worktroll - are those updates I see there?  Or your originals?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #18 on: 22 April 2015, 05:11:09 »
The last versions - call them originals.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 08 May 2015, 00:53:45 »
Just released; the final update to the TRO: 3145 LyrCon Supplemental (Extended).

The final update, it adds a beast of an Aerospace fighter and some cool art from Matt Plog.  Somehow, I forgot to mention the MegaMek file included in the download - you can actually use these in MegaMek, its an excellent idea I wish we saw more of.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #20 on: 08 May 2015, 05:25:22 »
where is the 3145 Lyran Com supplemental located at?

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #21 on: 08 May 2015, 10:03:59 »
...I keep a dropbox account to allow people to download these files, since some of them are too big for email to work.  However, this time, I have a link!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/12jaovfttpam1n6/Fan_TRO_3145_LyrCom_Supplemental_extended_final.zip

No idea how long the link will stay around - if it doesn't work, remember dropbox needs an email address to send out permission to share the files.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2015, 13:23:22 »
Thanks I have access to some of your Drop Box.  thanks for the download link for that though.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #23 on: 08 May 2015, 14:11:48 »
I had no idea thee was so many out there
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 08 May 2015, 15:07:07 »
I had no idea thee was so many out there

Every now and then the fact the game has been around for OVER 25 years now sort of sneaks up and slaps you in the back of the head.  Frankly, what's here isn't even CLOSE to being complete.

BTW, it seems the foreign-language TRO: Shadows of War will be updated and re-released in June!  There is a thread on the forum, but don't have time to leave a link right now.  Cool computer art of the Storm Giant, a precursor to a Steel Viper assault mech I can't remember the name of.

Thanks I have access to some of your Drop Box.  thanks for the download link for that though.

I've been putting files on specifically for people to avoid confusion; let me know if you want something added to yours.

Atlan

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2015, 04:53:26 »
I was building a Protomech designer a while back. It's not perfect, but it does allow for Protoquads, gliders, superheavies, and generally most of the newer protomech stuff the other programs don't have.

Do you want it? (and if so, how do you want me to give it to you?)

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2015, 00:49:30 »
Please!

PM me an email address, and I'll send a dropbox link to a file we can both edit.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: 30 May 2015, 14:59:40 »
Red Pins...do you happen to have a list of people that created these items (such as real name to screen name)? I need to get in touch with many of them to gain permission to host all the Fan Made items on my site.

Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2015, 17:08:29 »
Most of them are around in one way or another - the easiest way to contact them would be here, or some of the most popular forums (LOTB, Solaris7, ourbattletech to name the ones I frequent) IF they include their forum handle in whatever introduction they might have.

You could try to start a topic with the title, as well.  That's worked for me a couple times, but it may be easier to list them and share a link to another download page.  Links have a way of going bad, though, so you end up having to keep up to date on them.  Ones like chentech (equals5), ourbattletech, and Solaris7 might be easiest - seems like they've been around forever but you never know.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2015, 18:37:31 »
Yep, been trying that, problem is stuff like Solaris 7 doesn't have a PM feature and the person I contact...their email bounces back undeliverable.

I'll keep at it though...thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Register