Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.6 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 9123 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,

It's new Development release time.

A very quick new release. This release should be used instead of 0.43.5, as the MekHQ version of that release has a game breaking bug in the scenario resolutions.  That should be fixed for this release.

Megamek.
Mostly a few fixes, and one new feature for Space Combat – Bearing only Launch.

MegaMekLab.
Mostly fixes here as we consider MegaMekLab getting to close to Release Candidate for the next Stable.

MekHQ.
One major bug fix in the Scenario Resolution that was a game breaker in 0.43.5.  Also keeping the references of how to fix Name Issues just in case.

Name Issues with Units.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.
The change log below lists all the changes.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

Megamek.
MegaMek v0.43.6 (Development)
Code: [Select]
+ Bug: Weight issues with BA LRM5 and Ammo.
+ Account for Clan CASE in unit cost calculations.
+ Fixes for Princess aircraft refusing to engage ground targets, being stuck on the edge of the map
+ Enable Princess to properly consider standing still and firing for infantry units that have "move OR fire" rules (field guns, etc)
+ Issue #351: Dropping units cannot attack ground targets
+ Feature: Capital missile bearings only launch
+ Issue #362: Tooltips are a lot less sticky
+ Issue #819: Leap check for LAM passing over terrain.
+ Issue #818: Fighter stuck on atmospheric map with no movement options
+ Data: New Sprites

MegaMekLab.
MegaMekLab v0.43.6 (Development)
+ Issue #119: Mech printing issue on 0.43.5
+ Issue #120: Removing weapons or equipment does not return tonnage
+ Issue #82: Infantry PDF Print/Print Name not Changing
+ Issue #86: Aerospace Asset Armor Threshold
+ Issue #108: File | Export to Clipboard (missing elements)
+ Issue #118: Clan CASE Costs and BV Calculation
+ Issue #121: Adding VSTOL equipment to a conventional fighter does not add mass.
+ Issue #105: Auto Allocate Armor on Mechs places the last armor point on the Right Leg instead of the CT
+ Issue #122: Super-cooled myomer not removed when unselected.
+ Moved record sheet printing to a background task, returning control to the ui immediately.

MekHQ:
MekHQ v0.43.6 (Development)
+ Bug: ClassCastException when loading campaign from earlier versions with large craft with missing ammo bin.
+ Bug: NPE when restoring units with some equipment that has had name changes.
+ Issue #557: Dragoons rating needed support hours no longer grow daily
+ Issue #559, 560: Scenario resolution interface fixes
+ Retain Princess verbosity setting when configuring bot in AtB scenarios.

Enjoy everyone.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Re: New Development Release 0.43.6 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2017, 20:14:46 »
I think a few omments are in order regarding mech record sheet printing. Depending on fonts installed on your system, the text layout may be off and make the sheets look worse than they did before (other than superheavies, which could not be printed at all, and tripods, which were printed without armor pips).

The TL;DR version of this is that if your results are unsatisfactory and you don't want to wait for the issues to be sorted out, there are two font files in data/fonts that you can install and make everything pretty.

The longer version is that this is the beginning of an overhaul of the printing process that separates the record sheet layout from the data. The main advantage of this is that multiple layouts are possible for a given type of sheet, such as the long-desired sheets with tables used in play along the bottom and sides,mor if someone were wanting to put in the work they coukd move everything aroundnandnadd custom graphics and MML would still fill it out using the data in the SVG (scalable vector graphics) template file.

The problem we are running into is that the third-party library that we're using to manipulate the image only has partial support for what the SVG standard defines for text handling, and some of what it does support is buggy (the reason mech printing didn't work for many users in MML 0.43.5 was a bug that prevented it from loading the image if it could not find the named font; this release reverts to an older version of the library where that bug is not present).

We have at least a couple different options for how to take care of it, and there's a lot more work in store for record sheet printing. I don't consider instructing users to install a font on their systems to make everythung work to be an acceptable solution in the end, but it's the workaround we have now if you happen to be experiencing problems with text positioning.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2017, 10:23:26 »
The main advantage of this is that multiple layouts are possible for a given type of sheet, such as the long-desired sheets with tables used in play along the bottom and sides,mor if someone were wanting to put in the work they coukd move everything aroundnandnadd custom graphics and MML would still fill it out using the data in the SVG (scalable vector graphics) template file.

It would also make it fairly straightforward to add printing AS cards from units designed in MML.  We would just need the AS card SVG file, and then create the hooks for AS stats.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2017, 10:26:05 »
+ Issue #362: Tooltips are a lot less sticky

It's probably worth pointing out that this fix is in so people can give feedback on it.  The fix was to keep track of where the mouse pointer was when the tooltip was last requested, and if the distance between the current mouse location and the last one is large enough, the tooltip is instead shutoff.  The intended effect is that the tooltips will stay until the dismiss delay is hit (would could be never, depending on client settings), and the user can move the mouse slowly/a short distance and the tooltip remains and updates, but if the mouse is moved significantly, the tooltip turns off instead of following the mouse all over the board.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2017, 15:31:32 »
Just wanted to give thanks to all the people who have worked on this project this year.

Special thanks to Hammer for doing this build on a very quick turn around!

trtw

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2017, 21:24:26 »
Just wanted to give thanks to all the people who have worked on this project this year.

Special thanks to Hammer for doing this build on a very quick turn around!

I'd like to second this. Much thanks to everyone on the dev team.

Legendslayer

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 25 December 2017, 04:23:06 »
First of all: thank you for the great work guys! i really appreciate the time and work you all put into this project!

I noticed the Mass-Repair-BTH-Bug has not been fixed so far. Is there anyone else having the same problem? My techs keep destroying my mechs /Tanks/ASF/DS because MekHQ seems to select just random techs to repair parts, not considering any settings in the mass-repair-setup. I had green techs trying to rush a xl-reactor-repair in the field while elites refilled ammo in maintenance facility-stored mechs... Is there a specific campaign-option causing the problem or is this generally broken? Any ideas? I am playing a campaign on regiment-level with a friend, and it gets a bit tedious repairing whole battalions after each battle without the mass repair :)

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 25 December 2017, 05:41:20 »
got it re-fought my battle, seems to be doing well.  haven't done much more with it, yet. 

Thank you guys for all the work you put into this fine piece of software.  Those of us who use it really do appreciate your efforts even if we don't say it much. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #8 on: 25 December 2017, 17:47:08 »
First of all: thank you for the great work guys! i really appreciate the time and work you all put into this project!

I noticed the Mass-Repair-BTH-Bug has not been fixed so far. Is there anyone else having the same problem? My techs keep destroying my mechs /Tanks/ASF/DS because MekHQ seems to select just random techs to repair parts, not considering any settings in the mass-repair-setup. I had green techs trying to rush a xl-reactor-repair in the field while elites refilled ammo in maintenance facility-stored mechs... Is there a specific campaign-option causing the problem or is this generally broken? Any ideas? I am playing a campaign on regiment-level with a friend, and it gets a bit tedious repairing whole battalions after each battle without the mass repair :)

I've opened an issue on the tracker here - https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/577

But to really fix it we need a campaign file, and any customs attached to the bug report.

See here for specifics on a bug report
https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/Making-a-Bug-Report
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 25 December 2017, 18:55:42 »
 I think we are missing some units, I am going to recheck, but I was toying with a 3054 new campaign and could not find the ENF-5D Enforcer nor the 7M Thunderbolt listed..........plus what is up with the MechWarrior/Aerospace pilot, I seem to see 3-4 of those each month for hire? LAM pilots?

Disregard, I got no clue why they would not show up earlier, but they are there now.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 19:03:12 by 2ndAcr »

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 25 December 2017, 22:08:24 »
I am not sure if it is a bug or just the fact that I never used them before so do not know what I am doing, but yesterday I tried putting a TAG and some Homing Arrow on my fighters, I can tag units but can not find anyway to fire the arrow's.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 25 December 2017, 22:39:00 »
Those should drop like bombs. Fly over the target and drop while Tagging with another unit/wingman. TAG and Homing Arrow equipped on both fighters in a flight, what a fun way to start a CAS mission. Laser-guided Bombs work well also at 10 damage and you can carry more. #P

50 ton Corsair

1 TAG, 1 Homing Arrow, and 4 Laser-guided Bombs.
or
  1 TAG and 9 Laser-guided Bombs.

Replace some Laser-guided with Cluster Bombs as needed.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 23:08:47 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 26 December 2017, 06:44:35 »
Those should drop like bombs. Fly over the target and drop while Tagging with another unit/wingman. TAG and Homing Arrow equipped on both fighters in a flight, what a fun way to start a CAS mission. Laser-guided Bombs work well also at 10 damage and you can carry more. #P

50 ton Corsair

or

The Corsair was the units that I was trying (after first time when found out that you can not tag and drop bombs), and the first load out is what I gave it. When unit one TAGed the unit unit two could drop the lager guided bombs either by level flight or dive bombing, but the only way that I could find to get the Arrow off of my bird was to dump it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #13 on: 26 December 2017, 07:08:21 »
Just downloaded this last night.  Maybe it's my learning curve of learning to make aerospace base units, but it kept saying i needed to add crew quarters for gunners on the dropship i was making with the lab.

I had no clue where i was suppose to put them.  I remember there was headache similar to this one related to get gunners/crew added to HMA.

I'll try recreated the ship tonight see i can post the problem with screen shop
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 26 December 2017, 10:29:44 »
The Corsair was the units that I was trying (after first time when found out that you can not tag and drop bombs), and the first load out is what I gave it. When unit one TAGed the unit unit two could drop the lager guided bombs either by level flight or dive bombing, but the only way that I could find to get the Arrow off of my bird was to dump it.

What altitude is your ASF at that you are trying to make an Arrow IV attack with?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 26 December 2017, 11:14:22 »
What altitude is your ASF at that you are trying to make an Arrow IV attack with?

Also of note, you cannot TAG and Drop Arrow IV Homing on the same turn with the same unit. Were both your birds trying to get a TAG?
« Last Edit: 26 December 2017, 11:24:05 by Stormforge »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 26 December 2017, 13:59:00 »
Just downloaded this last night.  Maybe it's my learning curve of learning to make aerospace base units, but it kept saying i needed to add crew quarters for gunners on the dropship i was making with the lab.

I had no clue where i was suppose to put them.  I remember there was headache similar to this one related to get gunners/crew added to HMA.

I'll try recreated the ship tonight see i can post the problem with screen shop

Bottom left on the main tab iirc is a section for crew and crew quarters.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 26 December 2017, 16:18:12 »
five
Also of note, you cannot TAG and Drop Arrow IV Homing on the same turn with the same unit. Were both your birds trying to get a TAG?
I found this out the first time, so that is why I added the second aircraft, and it was not trying to tag. It was able to drop bombs, but as the quote above altitude may have been the issue (I did not even think of this) I was able to bomb (dive or level) with my laser guided bombs, but could not find anything for using the Arrow.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 27 December 2017, 12:35:52 »
One other thing to note, I made a small change to Princess' code to help aircraft be a little bit more aggressive. Turns out it may have helped her handle VTOLs a little better as well. So, flip that "allow enemy VTOLs" setting in the AtB tab in MekHQ and give her another chance!

Dohon

• Corporal
  • Beware the bear!
« Reply #19 on: 29 December 2017, 14:04:12 »
Just want to chime in and thank everyone involved with the MM/MHQ/MML projects for their efforts! Where I live, people haven't even heard of BattleTech TT. There aren't a lot of BT players in the whole country! The MegaMek "Package" is the only way I get to play some Big Stompy Robot action.

So, a big thank you!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2017, 19:23:41 »
Hey, am I taking crazy pills or did the Mauser IIc IAS dissapear from the anti-personnel weapons list that Elementals can mount?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2017, 19:38:19 »
Hey, am I taking crazy pills or did the Mauser IIc IAS dissapear from the anti-personnel weapons list that Elementals can mount?

It's still in the code, but looks like all the BA weapon selections are defaulting to IS weapons only.  We'll need a bug report.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 31 December 2017, 00:07:16 »
 Jumpship Odessy shows 10 points of Elementals...................everything I have seen says Odessy has 2 points.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 31 December 2017, 18:52:06 »
I am not sure if it is a bug or just the fact that I never used them before so do not know what I am doing, but yesterday I tried putting a TAG and some Homing Arrow on my fighters, I can tag units but can not find anyway to fire the arrow's.

50 ton Corsair

or

So still trying to figure this out, just today I took seven Corsairs set to skill 0/0 against ten UrbanMechs skill 8/8. I flow over them at every altitude from two to seven, one unit TAGed. I could drop my laser guided bombs (LGB's) but could never get anything that would let me use the Arrow's. At altitude six and seven it said I was to high to attack, and lower than that I could only strafe, dive bomb (altitude dependent) with LGB's, or altitude bomb again with the LGB's. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #24 on: 01 January 2018, 00:57:13 »
Do you have the Tactical Operations rulebook?  If not you can buy it/download it in PDF format off various websites.

Game Rules: These are dropped as bombs, not fi red as artillery and so they do not use the Airborne Targeting rules (see p. 180). Air-launched Arrow IV Homing Missiles occupy 5 bomb slots per missile and function in the same manner as their standard launcher-based version (see p. 355), with the following modifi cations: • Air-launched Arrow IV Homing Missiles may not be used to attack other airborne aerospace units or any target in space. • Air-launched Arrow IV Homing Missiles may not be fi red by units at an Altitude of 3 or lower on the Low-Altitude Map. • Unlike ground-based Arrow launchers, an aerospace unit may not TAG and fi re its Arrow IV Homing Missile at the same time. However, a fi ghter using air-launched Arrow IV Homing Missiles can release these missiles in a turn prior to the missiles’ arrival on the target mapsheet, and in that subsequent turn over-fl y the intended target using TAG systems on board to designate the target.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 00:59:56 by BLOODWOLF »

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #25 on: 01 January 2018, 01:25:53 »
I just fired-up megamek and loaded two Reapers one with homing Arrow and one with normal Arrow bombs and CDAT is right...how the hell are you supposed to fire these things?  They dont show up in the weapon list like the unit even has them.  CDAT go on github.com/megamek and make a bug report about this.  Forum issues always are forgotten about and get buried under everything else.

« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 01:50:22 by BLOODWOLF »

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 01 January 2018, 01:28:48 »
Do you have the Tactical Operations rulebook?  If not you can buy it/download it in PDF format off various websites.

I have the rules, and understand this. There is no button to let me drop them, I have looked in all the drop downs, right and left clicked the hex, clicked the more option tab looking at each page of options. The only thing I can do with them is to dump them, and that give me the same notice as when I dump any ammo, it will happen next turn, I can not run/jump, any hit to the rear will set it off etc.

Edit - Tried to make a bug report, but can not figure out how to do this. No place to report it just places to talk about things that I can not post in.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 01:35:43 by CDAT »

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 01 January 2018, 01:39:12 »
So still trying to figure this out, just today I took seven Corsairs set to skill 0/0 against ten UrbanMechs skill 8/8. I flow over them at every altitude from two to seven, one unit TAGed. I could drop my laser guided bombs (LGB's) but could never get anything that would let me use the Arrow's. At altitude six and seven it said I was to high to attack, and lower than that I could only strafe, dive bomb (altitude dependent) with LGB's, or altitude bomb again with the LGB's. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Actually I think this may be a bug with Arrow Bombs. Decided to give it a try to see if it works or not. Grabbed two Ahabs, loaded a TAG and a combination of Arrow Standard and Homing bombs on both fighters, then started a game. Flying over a target at altitude 5, the Targeting Phase for the TAG never happened, during the weapon attack phase the option to altitude bomb, dive bomb, or launch Arrow does not show up in the unit weapon display, and right clicking a hex along the flight path does not give me the option to Target Hex: Bomb.

Edit: Ah, I see Bloodwolf beat me to posting this above. Also in the Critical Location display the Arrow Bombs, which are found in the Nose, are labeled as Missiles not Bombs. Not sure if that has any bearing.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 01:47:25 by Stormforge »

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #28 on: 01 January 2018, 01:49:19 »
Your going to have to login and create a github profile CDAT.

« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 01:53:30 by BLOODWOLF »

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #29 on: 01 January 2018, 13:41:07 »
Actually nevermind Neo pointed out to me we already have a bug report abut this and it is not implemented yet......so don't try to use arrow IV bombs.  Going to have to wait for a developer to get motivated and feel like it needs to be implemented but, until then dont use them.

https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/issues/547

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: 03 January 2018, 18:45:29 »
Not a bug, or at least, not campaign breaking.  In Mekhq, Kirghiz Clan fighters when transferring over from old campaigns end up having unrepairable parts. 

Oddly... if I remove them and re-add, no problems afterwards.  I don't see any differences in the files between the 2 versions.   

Minor, weird quirk. 
Agent # 703

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #31 on: 03 January 2018, 19:28:16 »
Not a bug, or at least, not campaign breaking.  In Mekhq, Kirghiz Clan fighters when transferring over from old campaigns end up having unrepairable parts. 

Oddly... if I remove them and re-add, no problems afterwards.  I don't see any differences in the files between the 2 versions.   

Minor, weird quirk.

Which version are you coming from?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 03 January 2018, 20:17:12 »
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #33 on: 03 January 2018, 20:28:53 »

Ok, Coming from that to the current version would have the save game start doing Tech Progression. So all manner of weirdness can be expected.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 12 January 2018, 06:46:38 »
Is there a way to equip a vehicle with pintle mounts and and infantry level medium support weapons?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 12 January 2018, 07:44:32 »
No

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #36 on: 12 January 2018, 13:29:47 »
Is there a way to equip a vehicle with pintle mounts and and infantry level medium support weapons?

If you want to manually edit the blk file it can be done.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 12 January 2018, 17:02:11 »
The last time someone asked about this the answer was a no. Was that incorrect or did something change since then?

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 14 January 2018, 07:57:15 »
I can give my pilots the SPA of becoming a weapons specialist for the C3 Master, is that intended?

Edit: Ah, I guess it is for the included TAG laser?
« Last Edit: 14 January 2018, 08:46:39 by Rince Wind »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 14 January 2018, 09:10:46 »
Probably not correct. Needs a rules answer for a specific yes or no. Considering how Weapon Specialist is written I would guess that C3M or even TAG itself would not be considered for that SPA.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #40 on: 14 January 2018, 12:13:14 »
The last time someone asked about this the answer was a no. Was that incorrect or did something change since then?

Have a look at the Ibex - They fail validation but that's not due to the weapons it's an engine weight issue with Megamek.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register