Author Topic: SLDF Artillery Question  (Read 1825 times)

2ndAcr

• Captain
SLDF Artillery Question
« on: 28 December 2017, 19:35:26 »
 Never read a true TOE for what is considered a Battery in the SLDF.

But anyone know if the SLDF used 2 gun platoons, 4 gun platoons etc?

It is hard to figure out, you see artillery regiments and such, but are they 12 gun batteries, 3 to a Batt, 3 to a Reg or what. I been using modern US standards of 6 gun batteries, 18 to a Battalion, 3-4 Batt to a Reg/Brigade. This is mainly non Helepolis formations.

So an Artillery Reg would have 3 Batt of tube (18 guns per Batt) and a Arrow Battalion of 18 launchers. Non Mech artillery battery has 6 guns and 6 ammo trucks. Each Battalion has an additional support company of 4 fuel trucks (for ICE units) and 16 ammo trucks. I equip my Batteries with 3 guns and a 3 ton commo HQ truck per firing Plt, 2 firing Plt and a supply Plt of 6 ammo trucks.

Helepolis I been using 3 Hele and a bodyguard per Firing Lance, 2 Fire Lance and Support Lance for Mechs.

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Re: SLDF Artillery Question
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2017, 06:47:16 »
Per page 138 of the Star League Sourcebook, "Battlemech divisions in the Star League Defense Forces were patterned after German Panzer Divisions of the 20th century."

So, I guess your best bet would be to find a TO&E of a Panzer division from either WWII or the 1980's.  Not sure if there would be a difference between the two time frames or not.

This is the best that I can do.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2017, 14:54:49 »
I wouldn't put too much stock on the Artillery matching a WW2 German unit.

That description was just pointing out that SLDF are 3 Brigades of Mixed Ratio of Mechs (Tanks) & Motorized Infantry.

I would think the SLDF artillery is organized the same way its tanks are.  Matching Battalions/Regiments of identical vehicles.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2017, 15:44:32 »
Don't forget Pollux ADA tanks, Thumper TAV-1s, Thors, Marksmans and Long Toms as well.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016