Author Topic: (Answered) Artillery: Auto-Hit Hex Question  (Read 1874 times)

klinktastic

• Master Sergeant
    • Hexare Grenadiers Campaign Website
(Answered) Artillery: Auto-Hit Hex Question
« on: 09 July 2011, 10:19:00 »
On page 182 of TacOps, the rules for subsequent auto hitting a targeted hex are as follows:

"Once an artillery unit hits its target hex (not any hex to which a shot scatters), it will automatically hit that hex every time it targets that hex for the remainder of the scenario; the same rules for spotting apply (see Artillery Spotters, p. 182), so that only those shots fi red after the shot strikes the hex will automatically strike the hex."

The only exception to the rule relates to movement after successfully hitting said hex.

My question is that is it possible to use Copperhead ammunition to successfully hit a hex to obtain auto-hit status.  My initial indication is no since Copperheads/Homing target mapsheets and not hexes.  But since they do successfully hit a hex, it left my initial impression a little shaky.  Thanks for any confirmations either way.   
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 22:06:36 by Xotl »
Check out our actual play campaign website which contains all our after action reports, unit profiles and mission analysis at: www.ourbattletech.com/hexare

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Artillery: Auto-Hit Hex Question
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2017, 22:06:29 »
No.  Copperheads use the same rules as guided Arrows, completely different from unguided arty.

Relevant terminology is "target hex".  Copperheads/Homing don't have a "target hex", they have a TAG'd target (or they miss).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0