Author Topic: Does anyone have trouble with the TRO 3145 or 3150 on an iPad?  (Read 1489 times)

sadlerbw

• Captain
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize in advance if it needs to be moved, but I have issues viewing the newest TRO's on my iPad using iBooks and wanted to see if other people are having the same issues or if my iPad is just flaky! I've got a 3rd generation iPad that I like to use for reading all my Battletech PDF's. However, when I try to open and browse through either TRO 3145 or 3150, it is painfully slow. It typically takes a little over 40 seconds to open the PDF or to switch to a new page once it's open. I don't see loading times this slow for any other PDF I've got. It's not just something with newer PDF's either as TP:EE works fine, and the CM:Mercs beta never takes more than 10 seconds to load a page, usually less. I don't think it is a size issue either because FM:3145 loads and switches pages normally, and it is pretty beefy as well. I've tried killing all my running apps and I've tried removing and re-adding the PDF to my iPad just in case something got corrupted in the transfer, but none of that helps. Also, these two PDF's seem to work perfectly fine when I open them on a PC. Normally, I can open a PDF or switch to a random page on my iPad and it doesn't take more than three or four seconds, but with these two new TRO's it takes ten times that!

I'm writing this to ask if anyone else has seen similar behavior with these PDF's or if it is just me. I haven't been able to load one of these TRO's to a newer iPad and see if that helps, and I don't have any extra 3rd-gen iPads lying around to test with in case it is just something flaky with my device. So, if you have tried to look at either of these PDF's on an iPad (or any tablet I guess), let me know how it worked out for you. Was it super-slow? Did it work fine? Any info is appreciated.

Register