Author Topic: Natural Selection  (Read 2452 times)

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
Natural Selection
« on: 22 December 2011, 11:58:40 »
Natural Selection, the missing epub book that has prevented me to advance with the story-line is finally out, so I naturally bought it and read it.

Overall, it seems like Stackpole's books are getting better, since I liked it better than the Blood of Kerensky trilogy, which I liked better than the Warrior trilogy. This one seemed mostly free of annoyances, Dorete and Victor being politically inept where the only major ones.

The Red Corsair story was what I expected, having read the related Turning Point. That storyline was solid, with the minor problem of the final plan of Conal depending on Phelan and the Kell Hounds going to Elissa.

Now the assassination plot I did not know all that much about, so that one had a few surprises. What especially stood out was that the assassination happened so early, that Katherine was shown as guilty in this book and that the assassin was caught. Still, it was also solidly written.

I guess Assumption of Risk is the next book to read.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Lost_Heretic

• Private
Re: Natural Selection
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2011, 10:37:00 »
I guess Assumption of Risk is the next book to read.

If you like Kai you're in for a real treat. :)
Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast