Author Topic: Would anyone be willing to let me join a campaign via skype?  (Read 1865 times)

rogueranger1993

• Corporal
  • Of noble birth and mercenary mind...
I've been a fan of Battletech for quite some time, and I've played a wide variety of RPGs as well. Unfortunately, my current community is very small, and no one I'm aware of is interested in anything of the sort.

So, would it be possible for someone to let me join their campaign using skype? I've done this a couple years ago while living in a different place, in order to run a campaign I was GM'ing while on vacation with my family ;D, so I know roughly what's involved.

I have A Time of War and the companion book, as well as a copy of the CBT:RPG rules, and I understand the rules (might need my memory refreshed after a year without any play, though :(). I'm available any day of the week, about any time from 5:00 Mountain daylight time onwards.

Any takers? I can understand that such a thing will not work for everybody, I had a few difficulties myself, but getting a chance to jump back into roleplaying the Battletech universe is too much or me to resist anymore. I'm up for anything, s just let me know what your campaign is about, and we can try setting up a skype session to hash out details and such.

1. Incoming fire has the right of way.
2. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
3. Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.
                                   - excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Jewelfox

• Sergeant
  • Inari no kitsune
    • Jewelfox's den
Re: Would anyone be willing to let me join a campaign via skype?
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2015, 21:55:17 »
If you're okay with using Skype for IMs, as opposed to voice / video chat, I'd be okay with discussing ideas with you.

I don't know if I want to actually run a campaign, but I'd kind of like to see what you make of the simplified character creation things in my sigquote, and if you have any trouble with them.

rogueranger1993

• Corporal
  • Of noble birth and mercenary mind...
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2015, 23:25:49 »
I actually looked over those earlier, and then I immediately saved the webpages to my laptop. I think I might be close to getting two of my cousins to try playing the RPG while I run it, as they have played Battleforce (albeit with the QSR) and liked it, I just need to dumb it down a bit for them (they both hate math, lol  ::)). I really do like the way you worked that simplification, so I intend to use one of the two when I finally convince them to try it. Once I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

That said, I'd like to play an AToW game as a player, instead of the GM, but I realize that such a request is difficult to pull off, so my hopes weren't really all that high in the first place. But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Until then, I'll go the old play-by-forum route on Battletech Mercenaries.

1. Incoming fire has the right of way.
2. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
3. Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.
                                   - excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Jewelfox

• Sergeant
  • Inari no kitsune
    • Jewelfox's den
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2015, 05:23:16 »
I actually looked over those earlier, and then I immediately saved the webpages to my laptop. I think I might be close to getting two of my cousins to try playing the RPG while I run it, as they have played Battleforce (albeit with the QSR) and liked it, I just need to dumb it down a bit for them (they both hate math, lol  ::)). I really do like the way you worked that simplification, so I intend to use one of the two when I finally convince them to try it. Once I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh cool, thank you. ^^ Please do let me know how it turns out!

If they liked Battleforce, I highly recommend Alpha Strike. The Alpha Strike Quick-Start plays a lot like Battleforce, but with minis that represent individual mechs, and with 3d and 2d terrain instead of a hexmap.

I had fun printing out the mech counters and buildings on cardstock, and then cutting / folding / gluing them together. ^^; They'd probably work on paper too. I suggest getting a glue stick, though, they're like a dollar or two (in USD) at any store that sells arts and craft stuff like school supplies.

mad_cat

• Recruit
  • Just a writer who needs an escape
    • Madness of a Modern Writer
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2016, 05:40:22 »
First post on these forums, and I must say, I'm surprised this name was available. Really surprised. Please don't think it presumptuous of me to pick it, it is a nickname I've had since college and use it everywhere I can.

I am hoping to DM a game this year. However, my game will be a tad bit different. Basically, I am combining element of Mechwarrior 3rd Edition and ATOW together and further expanding on the character creating and augmenting some other rules. I don't know if I will be doing this over skype or possibly roll20.net, but I would love to have some dedicated fans of the series. Right now I'm still designing the system I will use. Still helpful if you have a copy of ATOW.

To the OP, I will try to post on these forums again when I get closer to actually starting the game and what openings I have. I will state that it will be Clan heavy.

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2016, 08:38:57 »
If Friday evenings work during the time of 07:00 to 11:00+ AM Est I believe I can work with you.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

Register