Author Topic: AAAARG!! Help please  (Read 6261 times)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Re: AAAARG!! Help please
« Reply #30 on: 02 September 2011, 10:28:10 »
well going to worry about it today.. will sit down and re examine it for now.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 02 September 2011, 11:08:43 »
well going to worry about it today.. will sit down and re examine it for now.

So how do you feel about the Catapult that swaps it's LRMs for PPCs?

Or the Hunchback (4B I think?) that sports a whole rack of medium lasers?
Formerly known as 'Phad'

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #32 on: 02 September 2011, 11:37:23 »
Its obvious you have distain for the mech, and want to rename it, because its just not a Tbolt anymore.  He is sticking to his guns by saying the Chassis rules all, he's the GM, and it is what it is.

There's nothing to do but be passive aggressive at this point and just slightly slur your words and Call it a Thunderbutt from now on.  Its the only thing you can do. 

"I move my Thunderbutt here, and torso twist left."
Too bad he didn't replace the weapons with autocannons, if he had you could call it the Thunderbuss.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 02 September 2011, 15:15:09 »
my 2cents the creator of the design /varient can name it whatever they want, so if he wants to say its a thunderbucket varient thats fine if other pilots want to dis the design with creative nicknames thats their choice also

example one of my friends brother hated the lrms on a trubachet or witworth so would pull the 2 lrm10's swap them for large lasers, (in the torsos) and replace the ammo bins with heatsinks

is it a different mech or just a (radical) varient?

I can see arguements both ways.

on the other hand I am not sure why but I never have liked the tbolt

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 02 September 2011, 15:32:17 »
It's NOT a new 'Mech, it's just a radical variant.

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #35 on: 02 September 2011, 15:58:36 »
It could be called the Thunderbulb, or the FrankenBolt. ;D
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: 05 September 2011, 10:09:23 »
well somebody else piloted it.. and i was in a rifleman with 2 LL's and 2 ML's was quite fine with that as long as I didn't fire everything and over heat myself :)

I told him he could be a little more creative in the name...it might have been a T-bolt chassis but it wasn't a T-bolt variant, at least not in my opinion

@Sid never seen a hunchback like that nor the other mech.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 05 September 2011, 13:47:36 »

@Sid never seen a hunchback like that nor the other mech.

Record Sheets 3039 has the CPL-K2 which is shown on the Tactical Operations cover (behind the Uziel's legs)

The quote from Sarna:

CPLT-K2 - Breaking the mold of the Catapult, the K2 model removes the LRM-15 launchers and replaces them with two PPCs which allows the Catapult to act as a direct fire support 'Mech and take a more active role in front line combat. The 'Mech has additional heat sinks to help dissipate the added heat from the PPCs. The K2 also has two Machine Guns to deter infantry attacks. BV (1.0) = 1,052, BV (2.0) = 1,319[9]

I'm not too familiar with the other variants (although I've heard of the Plasma Rifles and Heavy PPCs), and Sarna doesn't have proper citations for them aside from the Master Battle Value list, but there are variants that use ER PPCs, Heavy PPCs, and Plasma Rifles see - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Catapult#cite_note-8

You'll note that these Catapults don't have any missles and are designed to fight up close, rather than be simply fire support.

Likewise, there's more variants of the Hunchback than I realized- most of them in 3039.  In addition to the one that drops the AC20 for Medium lasers, there's also one that drops the AC for LRMs (4J, making it long range fire support than up close and personal), one that replaces the AC with SRMs (4SP), and one with MMLs (5SS).  I've seen the 5SG used, although according to Sarna it never entered full production (switches the AC for a Gauss Rifle)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hunchback#cite_note-MUL111-9

All those variants are pretty significant changes, and are on par with your friend's Thunderbolt variant...except these are official variants that are made in universe by the companies.

Formerly known as 'Phad'

Register