Author Topic: Help me find a throwaway line please  (Read 2665 times)

Frabby

• Major
Help me find a throwaway line please
« on: 05 February 2014, 05:05:52 »
Somewhere, there's a sidebar or intro box where it says something to the effect that the Gray Death Legion's blockade running at Verthandi was technically piracy, but was somehow forgotten when the unit went on to accumulate considerable fame.

I know I've read it, but I seem to be unable to find it again. Can somebody point me to the correct product/page please?  #P
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Help me find a throwaway line please
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2014, 06:58:50 »
I'm almost certain it's in the Blake Documents sourcebook in the entry for the Danais class Dropship. However, my hard copy of the book is not in easy reach and I don't have it in PDF, so I can't confirm it.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2014, 07:08:25 »
I'll run a keyword search for Verthandi on my fiction collection tonight and see what pops up.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2014, 08:26:18 »
I'm almost certain it's in the Blake Documents sourcebook in the entry for the Danais class Dropship. However, my hard copy of the book is not in easy reach and I don't have it in PDF, so I can't confirm it.
*facepalm* Yes, you're right. It's right there. Thank you!  O0
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2014, 21:44:39 »
No problem.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!