Author Topic: It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's Superman's younger, female cousin: Supergirl!  (Read 76735 times)

Marwynn

• Major
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/supergirl

So it looks like the team behind the Arrow and the Flash are going to go ahead with Supergirl.

It probably means we won't get to see the Supergirl costume at all. It'll be Smallville.

But hey, Dean Cain's part of the pilot!

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
It probably means we won't get to see the Supergirl costume at all. It'll be Smallville.

They already showed the costume a while back.

For instance:
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/428805-a-new-image-offers-another-look-at-melissa-benoists-supergirl-costume

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Not sure if I will watch this series or not but I will at least watch the pilot episode

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
The blue is too dark and the actress doesn't quite look right but I can get past those if they can pull off the same chemistry from Arrow and Flash.

Marwynn

• Major
They already showed the costume a while back.

For instance:
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/428805-a-new-image-offers-another-look-at-melissa-benoists-supergirl-costume

They had that in the article too. I thought it was just for photoshoots/press. Welp, I hope we get Superman in there somewhere first.

Do not like the Man of Steel colouring though.

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
I hope they get it more Arrow and less Flash, for some reason I never hooked on Flash.
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Well that's interesting. Personaly I find Powergirl to be more interesting than Supergirl but if they do this right they could make her interesting.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
I just hope they get the 'feel' of the character right.

I like Arrow but he is way, way too similar to Batman that it annoys me and I have lost interest in the show somewhat while Flash feels like well, Flash and I like that.

In the end, I just hope they do justice to the Supergirl legacy and put out a quality superheroine show. After the Wonder Woman debacle...
Made by HikageMaru

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
Well, in the comics Green Arrow was a knock-off of Batman.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
Yeah but not so dark and brooding nor did he have the same villains unless I am mistaken. Never read the old comics myself.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2015, 16:12:03 by FedSunsBorn »
Made by HikageMaru

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
Yeah but not so dark and brooding nor did he have the same villians unless I am mistaken. Never read the old comics myself.

They were both rich guys playing crime fighter.  The differences in their attitudes and methods was one of the hooks of the Identity Crisis story line.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
I think that pic makes it look like Man of Steel colors . . . so they are going for the tie in and I wonder if there will be any bits for the upcoming movie.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Well, as looks go, the actress playing Supergirl is about as plain jane as you can get.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Stopping to look at the picture again I'd have to say to me she does not look much younger than the current Superman.  Heck without putting them side by side I'd actually say she looks older.  All in all a disappointing casting choice and disappointing costume on second look.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
I think that pic makes it look like Man of Steel colors . . . so they are going for the tie in and I wonder if there will be any bits for the upcoming movie.

Just based on the colors of the costume? That's reaching quite a bit, my friend.

Nope, from what we've been told, this show won't be connected to the Man of Steel movie universe (thank Rao!) and they've waffled on whether or not it will be connected to the universe of the Arrow and The Flash tv series.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The color and look of the material in that picture seem to be the same but I guess it is a matter of perspective . . .

I liked Man of Steel- yes Lois knows who Clark really is so the comedic scrambling to hide the truth from previous movies/shows will not be present, sure Jonathan dies differently but I really really liked that moment in the movie for the philosophy, and a whole bunch of other points.  As for if they would be connected . . . eh
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
Here hoping the writing and storytelling respect the character enough not to give us another wonder women pilot.  (saw the pilot of that series and man did they hit all the wrong thing about the character almost like the writer never read any comic)  and pants need to be darken

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
That abortive Wonder Woman show was from David E. Kelley, who has never written a superhero anything in his life and made his bones with shows like Ally McBeal, The Practice and Boston Legal.

Supergirl is coming from the same producers who gave us Arrow and The Flash. Somehow, I think they know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2015, 22:55:55 by roosterboy »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
*nod*

Even in their weakest episodes Flash and Arrow have had some great character interaction and when they get other things right, they really get them right.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Stephen Ammel, the actor that plays "Arrow" has previously stated that every DC show can crossover, he even wanted to do an Arrow/Constatine crossover to save that show. The problem will be cross networks, will they let it happen.

They are also coming out with the Atom/Firestorm series that will crossover. It's a shame DC can't actually connect all their shows and movies.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Marwynn

• Major
I think the TV / Movie split is fine, even though I wouldn't mind seeing Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin on the big screen. It frankly seems like a missed opportunity to us fans, but there has to be a logical reason for it.

Anyway, Supergirl's set to debut this November on Monday nights: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/cbs-fall-schedule?hootPostID=696436639539672b082d1a6434beb96e

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Interesting.  Depending on when it airs on mondays, i might give it a whirl.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Nerroth

• Captain
A first look clip is now up.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Interesting.  Depending on when it airs on mondays, i might give it a whirl.

Opposite Gotham.

solmanian

• Captain
Should've simply take off straight after Smallvile. I liked their take on it. The militant Supergirl taking people out like a one woman wetworks team was a good contrast to emo Clark Kent who was a walking cliché.

Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Marwynn

• Major
A first look clip is now up.

Wow. That's much better looking than I thought it'd be. Looks like they'll do the uniform thing in the pilot. They''ve learned from Arrow and made the Flash, and it looks like they're learning from that as well.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
Some of it looks good but I'm not too sure yet. Still gonna check it out.
Made by HikageMaru

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
I was already looking forward to this show but the extended trailer has me quite excited for it now. Oh yeah. Still not pleased wth the muted colors of the suit, but I'll deal. So Supergirl on Mondays, The Flash on Tuesdays, Arrow on Wednesdays... I don't think they've announced any info about when Legends of Tomorrow will be airing but I'm kinda hoping it will be on Thursdays. (But too bad about that name.)
« Last Edit: 14 May 2015, 00:17:15 by roosterboy »

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
The first half of the trailer felt like someone saw Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow movie parody on SNL and decided it would be a perfect TV series.  Then I saw the second half, and was intrigued and hopeful.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
Just watched the extended preview, and I'm definitly going to give this a chance.  It looks like it actually could be pretty good.   O0
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Register