Author Topic: (Answered) Unit conversion  (Read 6071 times)

Andy Mitchell

• Private
(Answered) Unit conversion
« on: 31 July 2013, 14:56:06 »
Hi All,

I've got my alpha strike pdf but I'm not clear on how to convert units (from Battletech or Quick strike), e.g.

• How do you determine if a unit should have the OVL ability?
  • Adding together damage values from the old "quick strike stats" doesn't always seem to give the same combined result as for the units that now have published "alpha strike stats" Do these differences in damage values come purely come from the existing published errata tweaks to the conversion rules in strategic operations? Or does calculating a single value result in differences from rounding etc?

Thanks.

Andy
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 15:34:51 by Xotl »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Unit conversion
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2013, 15:12:05 »
Strategic Operations will still be where you go to do conversions for BattleForce/Alpha Strike stats, just as TechManual/Tactical Operations is where you go to construct units.

Alpha Strike is using a list of SO errata that will be released soon.  Now that Alpha Strike is released, we have to go through and make sure we caught all the errata, as Alpha Strike added a couple.

The Master Unit List site, Unit Cards, etc will all be updated.  There will not be separate BattleForce and Alpha Strike stats, but we didn't want Alpha Strike to go to print and not be using the errata we knew was coming.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets