Author Topic: (Answered) AC Precision Ammo Clarification  (Read 2200 times)

Ivoryskull

• Recruit
    • Tabletop Gamers Association
(Answered) AC Precision Ammo Clarification
« on: 27 December 2013, 21:46:18 »
I was reading the rules for Alternate Precision Ammo (Page 78) and it states:

'When an attacker using precision ammo delivers a standard weapon attack, apply no to-hit modifier to the attack, but add 1 point of damage to a successful weapon attack if the target has a Move of 10” or more.'

No to-hit modifiers at all? So even if the target was at long range (+4) with partial cover (+2) and a Move modifier (+1 and more) I just roll my basic Skill number on 2D6 to hit? If so, that seems extremely unbalanced?

Am I correct to assume it should read something similar to this:

'When an attacker using precision ammo delivers a standard weapon attack, apply no Target Movement Modifier to the to-hit roll, but add 1 point of damage to a successful weapon attack if the target has a Move of 10” or more.'

I am working on the general idea of how the ammo type works from Total Warfare here.

Can someone clarify for me please?  :)
« Last Edit: 30 December 2013, 14:16:55 by nckestrel »
Catalyst Games Labs Agent #139
Tabletop Gamers Association Co-Founder
www.tgaperth.com
Perth's best tabletop games club!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: AC Precision Ammo Clarification
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2013, 14:16:42 »
You have two choices when using Precision AC ammo.
1) Make a standard weapon attack using your full S/M/L damage values (not just the AC values).  You do not get a to-hit bonus when doing this, but get a 1 point damage bonus versus "fast" targets.
2) If you really want the to-hit bonus, just use the AC special ability.  You get the to-hit bonus, but only use the AC's S/M/L damage bonus.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register