Author Topic: (Answered) Bombing  (Read 1754 times)

Arkab

• Recruit
(Answered) Bombing
« on: 27 July 2015, 14:13:40 »
I just posted once to chime in about my friend's game but aside from that this is more or less a first post. Thanks for maintaining these boards and supporting the games. And thanks for Alpha Strike. It brought my gaming group back into the BT universe and we are having a blast.

I read "imafanboy"'s (is that name Irish? Urdu? har har) excellent article on using Aerospace and I have read the rules and played a few games already. Less mistakes each time, its encouraging! But I do have a few questions.

I am using units that typically have BOMB1, meaning they get one bomb attack. Its easy to imagine some ordnance bolted to hard points on the wings, drop and done, then onto strafing!

BOMB1, one bomb attack. If I want special munitions I write it on my card before the game.

On page 55, "altitude bombing allows an aerospace unit with the
BOMB special ability to select 2 or more points of impact (POIs)
along its flight path. There must be at least one POI per 2 inches
along the path and a minimum of one bomb dropped at each
POI."

Ok, does this mean my BOMB1 ability actually represents two real bombs? When I use a BOMB1 am I selecting two points of impact? I guess I am getting hung up on "2 points of impact" versus my BOMB1. Kinda dumb question but once the hamster starts spinning...I imagine BOMB1 represents one bomb load, which may be a bomb under each wing. So BOMB1, two POI or one?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 27 July 2015, 14:28:45 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Bombing
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2015, 14:26:30 »
Ah, that is a muddle. It's due to the fact that all units used to have at least BOMB2, and that rule wasn't adjusted after the errata that made light fighters have BOMB1.
It needs to be errated to say 1 or more POI instead of 2 or more.
BOMB1 is one bomb as far as Alpha Strike is concerned.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Arkab

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Bombing
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2015, 14:48:36 »
Thanks! I appreciate the answer. Fortunately my second POI missed during the last game.

Register