Author Topic: (Answered) TAG & direct Arrow IV artillery fire  (Read 2482 times)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
(Answered) TAG & direct Arrow IV artillery fire
« on: 29 January 2017, 04:58:19 »
Hi,

On page 5 of the Alpha Strike Errata v2.2, the relationship between Arrow IV artillery and TAG is clearly stated under Resolving Artillery Attacks, Indirect Fire:
If the attack is from Arrow IV artillery, and the spotter has TAG and is within 24” of the target (6” for LTAG), replace any probe modifier with a –2 to-hit modifier.
Scatter: If artillery misses the target (unit or POI), it will scatter.

The Resolving Artillery Attacks section does not appear to make mention of TAG affecting a direct fire attack from Arrow IV artillery. Is this an oversight, or is it intentional that TAG does not affect a direct fire Arrow IV attack under the standard rules errata?

Also, if it was an accidental omission, could you please explain the rules for using TAG to support a direct fire Arrow IV attack under standard rules?
« Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 08:56:28 by nckestrel »

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
Re: TAG & direct Arrow IV artillery fire
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2017, 18:09:07 »
I think I have now found my answer to this question here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48315.0

There are no homing rounds in standard rules artillery.
TAG, in standard rules artillery, gives a -2 to-hit modifier to indirect arrow IV attacks instead.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: TAG & direct Arrow IV artillery fire
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2017, 08:56:07 »
Yes, you got it.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets