Author Topic: STABLE Releases MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.42.1  (Read 13388 times)

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
Re: STABLE Releases MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.42.1
« Reply #60 on: 18 April 2017, 07:34:25 »
Depends upon the age of your machine, memory, how many separate bots and whether you have "Individual Initiative" turned on.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 18 April 2017, 07:46:35 »
Ralgith and I have had more than a few games with well over 100 units. Definitely shouldn't crash the lobby by any stretch. May want to bump up how much memory MM can use but I'm not sure it is actually necessary.

silverback

• Corporal
« Reply #62 on: 21 April 2017, 15:25:53 »
I have run games with over 100 units on the 9 map board all at once.  Things may slow down, but the system does not break.  This in an old small netbook, with 5 to 7 bots running against me.

robert

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 21 April 2017, 17:01:34 »
Am I doing something wrong? I went to the main site and hit what looked like the v0.42.1 stable download link for MegaMek, but when I unpack and run it, it says v0.43.1 on the splash screen. To be clear, I'm going to the megamek.info home page, clicking on the 'Downloads' tab, and selecting the Windows: Version 0.42.1 link under Stable Branch. The ZIP file that downloads says 0.42.1, but I've tried grabbing it twice now, and every time I unpack it and run it, I get 0.43.1 on the splash screen.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #64 on: 21 April 2017, 18:12:06 »
Am I doing something wrong? I went to the main site and hit what looked like the v0.42.1 stable download link for MegaMek, but when I unpack and run it, it says v0.43.1 on the splash screen. To be clear, I'm going to the megamek.info home page, clicking on the 'Downloads' tab, and selecting the Windows: Version 0.42.1 link under Stable Branch. The ZIP file that downloads says 0.42.1, but I've tried grabbing it twice now, and every time I unpack it and run it, I get 0.43.1 on the splash screen.

There was a packaging error on that guy and it got labelled 0.43.1 when it should 0.42.1.

Also we've moved domains to megamek.org and I would update your bookmarks to reflect that.  We are in the process of shutting down megamek.info but it will take some time.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Orangsemut

• Recruit
« Reply #65 on: 23 April 2017, 08:46:17 »
I posted this on another thread and then I read this.

"I have now completed three contracts, paid off my debts and decided to spend some time refitting my company and repairing some captured mechs. I decided to try and customise a captured Wolverine (mostly just to play around with customisation). 
I selected the mech in Hangar and sent it to customize in MekLab.  I made all the changes, I have the spare parts in hand, then I hit the begin refit button (which was previously greyed out). Advance the day and nothing happens.  I tried again with just a minor change (I moved one point of armour) and hit the begin refit button again.  Once again nothing is happening.
The mech is a spare mech (fully repaired) and not assigned to anyone. I tried assigning it before trying to customise and still its a no go.
Please advise which step I am missing out on. Thanks lots."

Another poster told me that in MekHQ 0.42.1, the customising option in the MekLab tab is not working and the solution was to load up the campaign in 0.42.0, make the changes there and then reload in 0.42.1.  Is this the only way or am I missing some step/ solution?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #66 on: 23 April 2017, 10:08:23 »
I posted this on another thread and then I read this.

"I have now completed three contracts, paid off my debts and decided to spend some time refitting my company and repairing some captured mechs. I decided to try and customise a captured Wolverine (mostly just to play around with customisation). 
I selected the mech in Hangar and sent it to customize in MekLab.  I made all the changes, I have the spare parts in hand, then I hit the begin refit button (which was previously greyed out). Advance the day and nothing happens.  I tried again with just a minor change (I moved one point of armour) and hit the begin refit button again.  Once again nothing is happening.
The mech is a spare mech (fully repaired) and not assigned to anyone. I tried assigning it before trying to customise and still its a no go.
Please advise which step I am missing out on. Thanks lots."

Another poster told me that in MekHQ 0.42.1, the customising option in the MekLab tab is not working and the solution was to load up the campaign in 0.42.0, make the changes there and then reload in 0.42.1.  Is this the only way or am I missing some step/ solution?

At this point the only way. We have it fixed for the next release which *should* be in a couple of weeks.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Orangsemut

• Recruit
« Reply #67 on: 23 April 2017, 10:16:57 »
No worries. :) And thank you for all the great work you and the other programmers have done  O0 . Looking forward to the next release. Are the campaign saves backwards compatible in the next release?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #68 on: 23 April 2017, 10:38:09 »
No worries. :) And thank you for all the great work you and the other programmers have done  O0 . Looking forward to the next release. Are the campaign saves backwards compatible in the next release?

We always try to maintain backward compatibility. But sometimes fixes or adding new stuff breaks that.  Which then makes us go back and fix it.

Always a work in progress :)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Orangsemut

• Recruit
« Reply #69 on: 24 April 2017, 02:50:48 »
We always try to maintain backward compatibility. But sometimes fixes or adding new stuff breaks that.  Which then makes us go back and fix it.

Always a work in progress :)

LOL Thanks once again. By the way, I had my first Star League cache mission yesterday. I saved just prior to starting the mission to see what happens if I turn the mech over. As it turns out, if I did not claim the downed mech as salvage, it just disappears and I get nothing in return.  When I decided to claim the mech, it didn't seem that there was any minor breach or my employer being mad at me. 
I did some googling and found a thread where it was mentioned that the mechanics of turning the mech over were not implemented. I guess for now, I can treat these missions as a way to get free mechs (assuming I win that is)? 

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #70 on: 24 April 2017, 19:34:49 »
I would.  It looks like it would be cool.
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.