Author Topic: ilClan Spoiler in 2nd SW? (Possible spoiler)  (Read 16671 times)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Re: ilClan Spoiler in 2nd SW? (Possible spoiler)
« Reply #30 on: 10 December 2017, 16:00:12 »
Arena? Gladiators? With Classic Mechs?

ilClan variant of panem et circenes?

That's definitely what I took away from it.  Although I am curious about the specifics.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #31 on: 10 December 2017, 16:55:35 »
As long as I'll eventually be able to field armies of rebels and ex-gladiators against their presumed masters, I'll be happy.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 10 December 2017, 16:59:51 »
As long as I'll eventually be able to field armies of rebels and ex-gladiators against their presumed masters, I'll be happy.

And the barbarians at the gates? (In the shape of the remaining true clans returning).

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 11 December 2017, 21:36:12 »
Frankly, I think it's far more likely that we'll see the hole of the donut, the former Terran Hegemony occupied by a clan or clans, and the Great Houses as member states of the third league. Still autonomous states, still possessing their own armies, but members of the third Star League. Perhaps the imposition of various regulated trials over unregulated raids and attacks, among member states.

The anti-clan voices in the fandom are far too vocal for the hands that guide the setting to ever take away the houses and declare a clan winner forever.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 12 December 2017, 10:26:24 »
I could us being in a position at the start of the next cycle of Battletech with the 6 IS clans controlling the inner sphere and the great houses rebellion against the clans being one of the drivers of the game moving forwards.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 12 December 2017, 18:59:14 »
Amusingly, a rebellion like that might result from the Clans' internal fighting.
Like, Hell's Horses supply House Kurita equipment against Ghost Bear... who in turn attack Kuritans and draw ire of Wolves, etc. etc. Shake a bit, and suddenly the entire Inner Sphere explodes in wars.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #36 on: 15 December 2017, 14:52:33 »
I have to say, if the Wolves will be the ilClan I will be disappointed that have needed so much time for publishing this what has being so obviously.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 15 December 2017, 17:07:10 »
Well, it is possible someone else manages to get the title but i figure the Wolves are the most likely candidate.
First, there's a tendency for "good guys" (we'll use the term loosely here) to win. The Wolves are, even with their modern Crusader-tendencies, the good guy Clan (The Ghost Bears are a tad too passive and off the focus, they're a good guy Clan but not the lead one).
Second, the Wolf Clan has been the leading Clan since the beginning... i figure that it would be right for Kerensky's chosen to finally do what they set to do so long ago.
Third, the historical allusion. Alaric Wolf/Ward/Steiner-(Davion)<-->Alaric I the Visigoth.
Fourth, there has been an event where Alaric Wolf duels Devlin Stone, and this event is depicted... or at least was depicted in IlClan cover. Presumably this means the Wolves land on Terra.

But all this is not a guarantee. And we don't know HOW they will manage it. While nominally the conqueror's of Earth are the IlClan, there is implicit requirement for managing to keep what they take. In theory, Wolves could be posited for IlClan-ship... only to lose it all to someone else. Taking Earth won't be easy, no matter what.
And we don't know what else happens in rest of the Inner Sphere. And what follows after. I expect there will be surprises, even if Wolves become the IlClan.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #38 on: 23 December 2017, 13:46:45 »
First, there's a tendency for "good guys" (we'll use the term loosely here) to win. 

I'm not so sure about that......

Have you see what they have done to the FedSuns borders since 3025?

For that matter, what condition the Wolves were in from 3057 right up to the Invasion of the FWL territory?

Each of the "Big Name, Good Guys" got a couple good years & then have been whipping boys for the authors for the last 25 years of fiction.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #39 on: 26 December 2017, 13:52:37 »
Who rises, will fall.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Wolf Empire Forever! Next stop- Terra!
« Reply #40 on: 27 December 2017, 20:37:26 »
Just hurry up and publish it,we have been waiting FOREVER

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #41 on: 28 December 2017, 11:38:24 »
I agree. Give me that book.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 28 December 2017, 15:13:22 »
I'm not so sure about that......

Tendency.
Also, add "eventually".
Which amusingly fits here quite well. Wolves haven't been doing super-well since the Clan Invasion... so maybe they're now getting their chance.

All in all, my first point was more or less the least one. The other parts make the Wolf victory far more likely.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #43 on: 29 December 2017, 07:45:20 »
When something does happen, i'm sure they'll try contact us somehow let us known their ready for us.

Their plan (in the past wasn't ?) to put small product out while they worked on the big game moving stuff in the background?

I'm about ready face the fact i'm going be hibernating from BattleTech (looking out for new stuff) until they get them selves situated. right.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #44 on: 29 December 2017, 14:46:34 »
How about this for an idea.

Stone opens up Prefecture X and Terra to a Trial of Posession to stave off an invasion as the Wolves surge over the border and then the Falcons go WTF!!??!?!?! KA-KAW MOTHER HUBBARD!!! and try getting in on the act.  They get slapped down HARD by the Republic and Wolves and then the trial takes place, which is that art where we saw Stone's Atlas II facing off against a Mad Cat IV. 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #45 on: 29 December 2017, 16:07:39 »
How about this for an idea.

Stone opens up Prefecture X and Terra to a Trial of Posession to stave off an invasion as the Wolves surge over the border and then the Falcons go WTF!!??!?!?! KA-KAW MOTHER HUBBARD!!! and try getting in on the act.  They get slapped down HARD by the Republic and Wolves and then the trial takes place, which is that art where we saw Stone's Atlas II facing off against a Mad Cat IV. 

Have the bears absorb the horses and then come riding in to save the day.  [watch]
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #46 on: 29 December 2017, 21:03:55 »
Have the bears absorb the horses and then come riding in to save the day.  [watch]

Thanks to the Bearhorse focus on family ties, they recognize the importance of groceries, and welcome in the Sharkfoxes as well.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #47 on: 29 December 2017, 21:47:22 »
Thanks to the Bearhorse focus on family ties, they recognize the importance of groceries, and welcome in the Sharkfoxes as well.

Then using the massive fleet of jumpjets become space Amazon, free 2 week delivery for only 99 bear kroner!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #48 on: 30 December 2017, 00:05:05 »
Arena? Gladiators? With Classic Mechs?

ilClan variant of panem et circenes?
Things about this.  Wolf Empire allowed the Solaris Games to continue despite it not being the way of the Clans.
That could be nod of what would be the Gladiator games they were referring too.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #49 on: 30 December 2017, 12:08:42 »
Then using the massive fleet of jumpjets become space Amazon, free 2 week delivery for only 99 bear kroner!!

Bearhorse Amazon Prime? Is that 99 bear kroner for a years subscription? Can I get downloads of TROs on my kindle with this service?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #50 on: 30 December 2017, 14:44:55 »
Have the bears absorb the horses and then come riding in to save the day. [watch]

* Pukes.... *

How about them Horsebears for the win!

Better call the RavenCat Alliance to help with that load!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #51 on: 30 December 2017, 16:40:22 »
Oh TT, you know those buraqs would look better in bear blue  O:-)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #52 on: 30 December 2017, 16:41:53 »
Hell yeah, with all those kill markers!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #53 on: 01 January 2018, 18:37:28 »
Guys. I hope Devin Stones unknown back ground is a canner and that he leads the Fidelis to become IlClan after stomping Malvina and Alaric under his super heavy mech. :o
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

cavalier1645

• Lieutenant
  • "Train the Force...OPFOR"
« Reply #54 on: 05 July 2020, 14:59:59 »
For me I hope that it turns out that group that seizes Terra and Ilclan-ship turn out to be the Lost Cameron heir. Proving to everyone that only people worthy of ruling the Star League was always the Camerons :)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #55 on: 05 July 2020, 15:49:12 »
The lost Cameron heir is most likely with the Home Clans.  Jennifer Winson is more than she appears to be and a very likely candidate.

So I agree, I hope the Home Clans appear to "test" and take down the upstart IlClan.  And then start a new, untainted Star League with many trueborn heirs to the throne to constantly battle for hegemony.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 15:50:53 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 05 July 2020, 19:33:09 »
thread necromancy much?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #57 on: 05 July 2020, 20:21:46 »
Wasn't me.  But I egged it on by commenting second...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #58 on: 05 July 2020, 21:00:30 »
thread necromancy much?

better than creating a whole new thread just for the same or similar topic (especially with its low post count)…

Do we know anything new to add to this subject?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 05 July 2020, 22:17:44 »
Do we know anything new to add to this subject?

I believe that there's atleast one other book with a framing device authored by a Roshak Loremaster, and there's an indication that the office of the Exarch still exists. But the loremaster being a Roshak is not particularly definitive evidence of anything. Could be that the Jade Falcons are ilClan, but if they are I suspect it is under the leadership of someone like Stephanie Chistu. It could be that the Falcons were absorbed into Clan Wolf, and Clan Wolf is ilClan. It could be neither, and this Roshak is just a lone abhtaka who ascended to [strike]Red Herring[/strike] Loremaster.

better than creating a whole new thread just for the same or similar topic (especially with its low post count)…

Debatable, but this isn't the place.