Author Topic: New releases MegaMek 0.41.20, MegaMekLab 0.1.56, MekHQ 0.3.30  (Read 17552 times)

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: New releases MegaMek 0.41.20, MegaMekLab 0.1.56, MekHQ 0.3.30
« Reply #30 on: 29 June 2016, 12:46:35 »
I am not particularly for it but I also am not against it as an unofficial addon since your changes allow for that now. I could see it being interesting for some people curious to play through a similar campaign using MM.

As for the intended release date, I believe they said 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017. For some reason I was thinking a March-May release was likely based on the original information but I have no idea if everything is on schedule or if I was just making that timeline up and just convinced myself it was real.

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 29 June 2016, 13:00:32 »
The closest I've heard to a release date is 'sometime in 2017'.  I don't think they've even gone as far as to specify a quarter.

As to including the map changes in MHQ, my understanding is that CGL is planning on treating the HBS game as cannon.  So, once the campaign map is finalized, it will likely be cannon (at least for late SW3/early SW4).
"Everything starts as someone's daydream." -- Larry Niven

MM Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/megamek/_list/tickets

MHQ Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mekhq/_list/tickets

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 29 June 2016, 14:44:31 »
The closest I've heard to a release date is 'sometime in 2017'.  I don't think they've even gone as far as to specify a quarter.

For some reason I was thinking they said 'early' or 'the first half' of 2017 but it's been a good 8 months since the kickstarter so I could be misremembering.

As to including the map changes in MHQ, my understanding is that CGL is planning on treating the HBS game as cannon.  So, once the campaign map is finalized, it will likely be cannon (at least for late SW3/early SW4).

At which point, I assume they plan for the new proto-realm to disappear eventually since the Fronc Reaches do appear in that area eventually and a decent bit of other changes after the 3025 time-frame. I suppose those planets will either be wiped out or have to be included into things going forward.

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: 29 June 2016, 16:07:38 »
At which point, I assume they plan for the new proto-realm to disappear eventually since the Fronc Reaches do appear in that area eventually and a decent bit of other changes after the 3025 time-frame. I suppose those planets will either be wiped out or have to be included into things going forward.

Yeah, the new realm collapsing and its planets changing hands is to be expected.  It's not like that hasn't happened (many) times throughout BT's fictional history.
"Everything starts as someone's daydream." -- Larry Niven

MM Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/megamek/_list/tickets

MHQ Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mekhq/_list/tickets

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #34 on: 29 June 2016, 20:34:48 »
How to make changes made inside MekHQ's editor apply to all campaigns?

Open up the campaign file in a text editor. Near the end are the planetary changes - a list of <planet>...</planet> data sets with just events inside. Copy those lines into a new file, surrounded with a few lines like this:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<planets>
    <planet>...</planet>
</planets>
(replace "<planet>...</planet>" with your text here)

Save the new file with an "xml" extension into your MekHQ's data/universe/planets/ folder.

so for the 200+ campaigns and counting I will have to do this

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 29 June 2016, 21:45:19 »
I understand now how the HPG network does not work going off canon data.

Maybe this project can do better than canon?  Why limit ourselves lol.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 29 June 2016, 21:50:35 »
Fantastic. I cant wait to try these new features.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #37 on: 29 June 2016, 22:06:41 »
Looks like I may have a lot of work ahead of me to adapt my total conversion AU that I've been not keeping up on since I wanted to wait for the next MekHQ stable to do my next update.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 08 July 2016, 02:58:54 »
Hey guys, it's time for another release. Quick and dirty due to final exams, but it's out here! Hammer will be back next week with another release as well!

MegaMek 0.41.20
MegaMekLab 0.1.56
MekHQ 0.3.30

Enjoy! Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle during the 2nd half of the summer semester ;)
Damn Senior classes are so much more time consuming than the last "years" worth!

Thanks for all your hard work! It is very much appreciated!

Twin_81

• Private
« Reply #39 on: 09 July 2016, 15:33:56 »
Same as Megamek 0.41.19, in 0.41.20 Princess greets me in Russian when the client language is set to English, other than that it's not bad, didn't playtest it too much though. Could it be because of my Russian Windows system?

UPD: A little bit of clarity: I've tested several builds right now, I just like to know why do some things happen, latest stable megamek (0.40.1) has the same issue. Earlier versions do not.

This has something to do with Russian translation (I've done a part of it) - the changelog for 0.40.0 is as follows:
  Bug: build.xml not up to date with l10n -> i18n change
  In that i18n folder, its client/bot subfolder contains messages.properties file - these are English bot messages and messages_ru properties - these are Russian. There are more language specific files, perhaps. Probably, the language file should depend on client language settings.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 17:02:04 by Twin_81 »

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #40 on: 10 July 2016, 19:28:54 »
My guess is that Princess (maybe both bots?) aren't written to pay attention to the client settings.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #41 on: 11 July 2016, 08:19:12 »
I would guess that the reason that you see it work in previous versions and not in current versions is that those old versions didn't have Russian translations for the bot messages in question, and now they do (Xenon had done a pass on the Russian translations a while back).  Then, there's probably a bug somewhere that is causing MM to use your OS settings instead of the MM client settings.  Probably there should be an issue created on GitHub so we can keep track of this.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

daskindt

• Private
« Reply #42 on: 11 July 2016, 13:14:26 »
I am not particularly for it but I also am not against it as an unofficial addon since your changes allow for that now. I could see it being interesting for some people curious to play through a similar campaign using MM.

As for the intended release date, I believe they said 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017. For some reason I was thinking a March-May release was likely based on the original information but I have no idea if everything is on schedule or if I was just making that timeline up and just convinced myself it was real.

I'm a brand new user of MegaMek, but personally I would love to have the option to use the Aurigan Reach from HBS' BATTLETECH.

Twin_81

• Private
« Reply #43 on: 11 July 2016, 14:01:10 »
I would guess that the reason that you see it work in previous versions and not in current versions is that those old versions didn't have Russian translations for the bot messages in question, and now they do (Xenon had done a pass on the Russian translations a while back).  Then, there's probably a bug somewhere that is causing MM to use your OS settings instead of the MM client settings.  Probably there should be an issue created on GitHub so we can keep track of this.

I've helped Xenon with that translation, so I know the structure of those files and messages. I think it's true that Princess may ignore client language settings, MM itself is fine, it's English when it's set to English. Only the bot messages are bugged, the matter could be in the wrong message file to use or just the general bot code.

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #44 on: 11 July 2016, 18:27:06 »
Chiming in on the HBS extra planets and such being "canon", wasn't it mentioned in the blog somewhere that this are of space as defined by them was going to be canonized?

daskindt

• Private
« Reply #45 on: 11 July 2016, 22:29:22 »
Chiming in on the HBS extra planets and such being "canon", wasn't it mentioned in the blog somewhere that this are of space as defined by them was going to be canonized?

Pretty sure the intent is to adhere to canon and treat the game's lore as new additions to canon. Thought I read that Randall reviewed and edited the post on the Aurigan Reach, but I don't see that stated in the post. Just that Randall was part of discussions.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 12 July 2016, 00:47:11 »
Until there is something from an official source on this forum I highly doubt they will get added directly to MM and will remain as a separate download

jedidino

• Private
« Reply #47 on: 16 July 2016, 01:54:32 »
I ran into an issue trying to load a mission from MekHQ.  I have no issues loading the campaign up in the new MekHQ 0.3.30 - everything seems to work just fine.  However, when I try to play the mission in MegaMek 0.41.20, it will not load.  I get a message saying waiting on server.  I started a new game under MekHQ 0.3.30 and I am having no issues playing it.  I went back and loaded another campaign that was working just find in MekHQ 0.3.29 with the same results. I have attached my game file and my custom unit. Thanks for the help!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #48 on: 16 July 2016, 15:11:27 »
Does the release Campaign Operations, will it be while until it's added to MekHQ?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 17 July 2016, 15:06:43 »
I started work on the CO stuff from the IO beta before I went on vacation (and before CO came out). CO didn't change much but there was a lot of unexpected things in it such as a change in the cost for pare parts for mechs with certain quirks that will need to be accounted for. I was hoping read over CO while on vacation but we were always getting back around midnight and I never had the energy to get any work done on this... Now that I am back home I am hoping to get a lot done this week before my b-day rolls around this weekend. Busy busy weekend...

As for other bugs.. If I find any I can deal with I will try to find them as well and post a PR for arlith or on of the others devs to review. Still trying to recover from a week of roller coasters though  #P

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #50 on: 18 July 2016, 00:43:57 »
Ok, so why would you keep coming up "Short on Astechs" even if you not only brought up all teams to full strength the day before, but even (as a test measure after the first time) hiring extra ones (20 then 100)?  I've been doing a lot of repairs, and upped the skills of a few Astechs and turned them into Mech Techs.  The next day, my Mothballing fails and I have a +4 to repairs for being short handed.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 19 July 2016, 03:26:20 »
Hi, are you guys aware that http://megamek.info/downloads still only has Version 0.3.29? If I have a career going in that version, can I d/l the newer version and carry on with it? If I extract it to the same location as it my .29 version, will it just overwrite all the old stuff in an acceptable way?

Cheers for all your hard work!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 19 July 2016, 05:55:54 »
Hi, are you guys aware that http://megamek.info/downloads still only has Version 0.3.29? If I have a career going in that version, can I d/l the newer version and carry on with it? If I extract it to the same location as it my .29 version, will it just overwrite all the old stuff in an acceptable way?

https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/releases/tag/v0.3.30  That's the link you want.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 19 July 2016, 07:40:39 »

Don't extract over the old version. That is very likely to cause issues. You'll have to create it in a new folder and carry over any custom units / camo / portraits / etc. as necessary

jedidino

• Private
« Reply #54 on: 25 July 2016, 22:54:17 »
I ran into an issue trying to load a mission from MekHQ.  I have no issues loading the campaign up in the new MekHQ 0.3.30 - everything seems to work just fine.  However, when I try to play the mission in MegaMek 0.41.20, it will not load.  I get a message saying waiting on server.  I started a new game under MekHQ 0.3.30 and I am having no issues playing it.  I went back and loaded another campaign that was working just find in MekHQ 0.3.29 with the same results. I have attached my game file and my custom unit. Thanks for the help!

I think my post got buried.  Any help with this would be great!  I am hoping to run the next real life game this coming weekend and want to be able to keep MeKHQ updated.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 25 July 2016, 23:37:52 »
The post is on this page so its not like its buried... But you do need to post the log file. It your aren't able to load a game from HQ into MM there should be something in the log file.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 26 July 2016, 09:58:25 »
The post is on this page so its not like its buried... But you do need to post the log file. It your aren't able to load a game from HQ into MM there should be something in the log file.

And any custom units.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 26 July 2016, 15:37:59 »
Customs and campaign were attached but not the log, unless it was packaged with the campaign but I haven't checked.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 28 July 2016, 05:14:58 »
Hey, can I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to add onto the marketplace screen the production year of the particular unit variant design? I.e. Raven 3L 3024, 4L 3060 etc.

I think this might help complete newbies like me to identify which mechs are newer tech and which are star league era without having to pull up sarna every 5 minutes! You could even go a step further and create a 'born on' date for that specific mech, just for added fluff purposes, this one is fresh off the factory line, this one has trace amounts of brain matter from a splattering back in 2501! I understand that would take a fair bit of work equivalent to the RAT tables though.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2016, 05:16:36 by MoleMan »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 28 July 2016, 06:25:31 »
The normal unit market already has this so I guess you are talking about the AtB unit market?