Author Topic: Re: DROP POD SEQUENCE INITIATED…THREE, TWO, ONE! (The announcements, finally)  (Read 51775 times)

BirdofPrey

• Major
SOOOO, If the Combat manuals are supposed to usurp the position intended for the Era manuals mentioned in AS, does that imply we will be getting combat manuals for each faction in each era?
In that case, should these ones be called, Clan Invasion Combat Manuals?

Also.
Still No dual Cockpits for non-tripod mechs. >:(

Cybertec

• Corporal
Attempting to download the IO Beta PDF from Drivethru...I can hear the overloaded servers scream.
Yes, it's taking a wee bit of time to process.
Can't wait!
"Where ever you go...there you are." -Dr. B.Banzai

Forever a loyal son of Davion.
Long live the Fox!
Davion will rise again

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
I'll have you know, sir, that I have yet to giggle.
Chances are you will whenever a Marauder mini comes out again.  :P
That's okay, I'll squee when the Warhammer graces my paint table.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Chances are you will whenever a Marauder mini comes out again.  :P
That's okay, I'll squee when the Warhammer graces my paint table.

I'm planning on buying about, oh, say, 26 MADs and 30 WHMs.

I have PLANS.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
man, I'm so far behind my painting schedule... now these... good thing I'm on vacation in a week!!
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
RISC tech is Republic DA tech found in IO. You don't need a Marauder mini to use it, but that's a pretty fun combo.  O0
Everything's better with Marauders?

Nerroth

• Captain
While I should be more excited about the glut of new products on the way, I can't help but feel sad about the looming death of the Republic. Although it would be interesting if there was a twist in the tale - say, if Alaric and Stone staged a Trial of Absorption on Terra, which saw the bulk of the RAF absorbed into the Wolf Empire/IlClan touman. (That might be the only way the Wolves themselves would be able to fend off the DCMS, the CCAF, and the Jade Falcons, in order to secure control of the region around the Sol system.)

Still, I suppose there's always the TSDF to (Mis)jump over to...
« Last Edit: 24 July 2015, 13:55:12 by Nerroth »

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
Everything's better with Marauders?

Yes it is, which is why I am asking where the tables are for RISC tech and the Early clan weapons. I have evil plans for a Marauder 2R with a improved AC 5 and enhanced er PPC but can not find the tables. I am also at work so looking through that much awesomeness is hard.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
If you like the Republic because it is the faction that controls Terra, i'd imagine you can easily transfer your loyalty onward. If you like the Republic because of what it is... well, a remnant could stay alive.

I am thinking that the Republic is big enough a faction it will not die completely, not like the original Terran Hegemony did. It has been a big deal ever since Mechwarrior: Dark Age, it has quite a lot of fans, i feel, it has held an important place in the Inner Sphere since the Jihad.
While similar arguments can be made for the Terran Hegemony and the Star League, those had to die to make way for the 3025-era.
However, by the Dark Age, i feel there is place for 6 major Inner Sphere powers rather than the traditional 5.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Holy Moly, this is awesome!!!!!!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

solmanian

• Captain
Hate to be that guy, but:
When are we expected to get clan stats for ISAW?
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
I'm planning on buying about, oh, say, 26 MADs and 30 WHMs.

I have PLANS.
Doesn't that mean that you will need to buy 30 Alpha Strike Boxes?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

ravensword

• Sergeant
Yes it is, which is why I am asking where the tables are for RISC tech and the Early clan weapons. I have evil plans for a Marauder 2R with a improved AC 5 and enhanced er PPC but can not find the tables. I am also at work so looking through that much awesomeness is hard.

The tables start on Page 216.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Alpha Strike Box Set.
Ray you have made me a very Happy Camper
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Nerroth

• Captain
If you like the Republic because it is the faction that controls Terra, i'd imagine you can easily transfer your loyalty onward. If you like the Republic because of what it is... well, a remnant could stay alive.

More the latter than the former. I was no fan of the Amaris Empire or Blakist Protectorate, and would not be keen on seeing either the Falcons, Dracs, or Capellans rule/burn Terra.

I am thinking that the Republic is big enough a faction it will not die completely, not like the original Terran Hegemony did. It has been a big deal ever since Mechwarrior: Dark Age, it has quite a lot of fans, i feel, it has held an important place in the Inner Sphere since the Jihad.
While similar arguments can be made for the Terran Hegemony and the Star League, those had to die to make way for the 3025-era.
However, by the Dark Age, i feel there is place for 6 major Inner Sphere powers rather than the traditional 5.

One of the things I like about the Empires Aflame setting is that it shows how well an Inner Sphere without an Exodus would work as an "official" (albeit non-canon) option. Indeed, part of me wonders if a side benefit of EA was/is to give fans of "doomed" factions in the Prime timeline something to support once said factions bite the dust.

Which is not to say that I myself would abandon the Prime timeline, far from it. But if/when the Republic dies, I suspect I'll be that much more keen to turn towards the Terran Supremacy as a substitute. (Which would be unfortunate in another way, since the EA setting is likely never going to be expanded upon. I would like to one day see the TSDF looked at in greater detail, and not trapped in amber.)
« Last Edit: 24 July 2015, 14:24:04 by Nerroth »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Hate to be that guy, but:
When are we expected to get clan stats for ISAW?
It depends what you're looking for (not being a smart aleck here). If you mean combat stats, ISAW uses the ACS system, and the rules to convert upwards to ACS formations. If you mean pre-built stats for ACS so you don't have to do all that, or if you mean other setting rules (for example startup holdings in the IS or Homeworlds to generate Resource Points), we'll eventually see those in both print and PDF products to supplement ISAW.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
add a scowling wife to complete the aesthetic for me
Yes, same here.......then i will introduce my daughter to Battletech }:)

Centurion03

• Master Sergeant
  • Jacta Alea Est - The Die is Cast
    • South African Wargamer
I'm just curious about the contenders for the ilClan.

I don't really think the Falcons or Horses have the ability to launch a successful campaign of that magnitude. Malvia and her Horde were seriously out-played on Tharkad and Hesperus.

That leaves the Bears and the Wolves either of which have a large industrial footprint that they could use to springboard the needed expansions of their respective Toumans.

Unless we finally see the Homeworld Clans make an appearance after the Reavings... The Star Adders as the ilClan kinda scares the pants off me.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
All hail IlClan Sea Diamond Fox Shark!
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Bren

• Warrant Officer

There was a bit of a hint.

Nerroth

• Captain
The material in the IO beta seems to imply that we still won't see or hear from the Homeworld Clans by 3150 - though there are a few hints here and there as to what may have been going on out in the coreward Deep Periphery, which will hopefully be expanded upon at some point.

On another note, I like that IO is presented as a Sandhurst Royal Military College publication. I haven't spotted any notes about the intended in-universe publication date and author/s yet, however.

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
Embers of war pdf yes yes?

StoneRhino

• Captain
Maybe, but *if* so, it's on the back burner. Look at it this way, if I told you flat out "no, we don't want to and it will never happen!" -- would you believe me? We've got LAMS. We've got novels. We got Handbook: House Kurita and Interstellar Operations out.the.door. We've got plastic minis. We've got Succession Wars and Alpha Strike. We're covering all eras of the BattleTech Universe.

Never say never. How about, "not yet?" ;)

Still awaiting the release of the LAMs to the non-con going public, and those that weren't able to get in on the kickstarter. Will that be happening soon?

I have been using the name StoneRhino in online games for well over a decade now. I have been using it for a reason. This is very important stuff we are talking about here! This is personal, and I am only half joking. ;D
Only ...half...joking   >:/! >:/! >:/!

haha, joking aside, the StoneRhino and Warhammer IIC are the mechs that I have been hoping to see redone, as I mentioned in another post the 3025 unseen didn't bother me much since I found the game when TRO:3055 came out and was the first TRO that I purchased. These Revised mechs are awesome and I plan on preordering and buying. I really wouldn't be able to post how I feel if I were to see a Revised Stone Rhino and Warhammer IIC on the cover of something because I would not be able to hold back the celebratory expletives. ;D

I know what you are saying, and its obvious that it will happen. If anything it would be far easier to do then the 3025unseen. Oh.....Revised Kraken! Hell yeah! More Ultra AC2 love then most people know what to do with. The current isn't bad, but just thinking about it makes me want to go rent the place a friend of a friend lived at when I first noticed the Kraken, just for a day to sit and think about that day. As I was saying, its just one of those things you want to blurt out even though the answer is obvious. But I just wanted to make it known that at least one person wants Revised 3055 mechs.

Oh, and while we are at it, how bout a card game? I could convert Magic players to BT:CG players and then get them into Battletech. You know you want me to. I know they want to but just don't know it yet. Again, just making it known... O0

Best August.....ever.
Going to a show today.
Tickets to Hard Summer to see the Chemical Brothers for the first time after missing every appearance since 1996.
Working on my PhD
Then we get hit with this WMD grade announcement. There are just a few more things that could add to this August, but I know this is a family show and I don't know what the chances of a new car showing up with my name on it is.

I remember how I felt back in 2001 when everything melted down, and BT was gone to top it off. This is the complete opposite. I'll be looking to get a nice amount of these Revised designs to show off in upcoming games. I'm not even talking about IO, that is a whole other level of nerdism in a keg yet to be tapped. Same with the Kurita house book. Favorite faction, IO the scale of BT I've dreamed of, LAMs, and this. Seriously, this is more personal then just shiny new mechs on the table. This game really did help in the worst times that I have had. Seeing this big piece of the game returning and things progressing is really huge to me.

StoneRhino

• Captain
Before I forget, Will the PDF version of IO still be on sale after GenCon? I might know a guy that knows a guy that is going. I would love to get a copy of the beta IO book mentioned with the free pdf, but would hate to find out that he couldn't get me a copy and miss the PDF sale on top of that.

Basically, how long with the IO Beta PDF be on sale for?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
"Once a street date for the book is determined (i.e., it’s in our warehouse), Catalyst Game Labs will release the final version of the PDF, with the price returning to the standard $25."
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Mindwiper

• Corporal
    • German Clan Wolf
"Are you crying?!?"

"No, there's something in my eye!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :o

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel

I don't really think the Falcons or Horses have the ability to launch a successful campaign of that magnitude. Malvia and her Horde were seriously out-played on Tharkad and Hesperus.

That leaves the Bears and the Wolves either of which have a large industrial footprint that they could use to springboard the needed expansions of their respective Toumans.

Unless we finally see the Homeworld Clans make an appearance after the Reavings... The Star Adders as the ilClan kinda scares the pants off me.

My own handicapping of who'll win the horserace to ilClandom:

1-5 Wolf Empire Clearly the leading candidate.  High Mary Sue factor for the entire faction, not just Alaric. 
3-5 the former RotS This is my dark horse.  The more hints they drop about the doom of the Republic the more convinced I am TPTB are setting up a "surprise" come from behind win for Stone to re-invent the faltering Republic as the ilClan.

what follows are the long bets.

3-1 Falcon Clan.  Malvina is a moth drawn to flame.  She's doomed, but maybe her Clan isn't.  Maybe.
4-1 Rasalhague Dominion.  Of the Clan factions contending, they've probably got the best shot militarily at becoming ilClan.  But they lack the will to do so, making them a longer shot.
6-1 Sea Foxes.  Much like Rasalhague, they probably have the means but lack the motivation. What would becoming ilClan get them they don't already have?
10-1 Raven Alliance. They can't even manage worlds they were gifted peacefully by the Combine.  They're not conquerors of sufficient caliber to lead the Inner Sphere.
10-1 Hell's Horses.  Much like the Ravens, they're a Clan that didn't even rate as a reserve invading Clan.  They're literally kept around just to spice up the periphery.

I insist that the ilClan needn't be a Clan.  All it takes to be ilClan is to dominate the the Clans and make them squeal that you are indeed their ilClan.

4-1 House Kurita: Of the Great Houses, they certainly have the desire to rule the entire galaxy.  Even if, and that's a long if, they have the means to do so, they're too distracted with gobbling up the Fed Suns at the moment to strike at everyone else.

4-1 House Davion: I don't place Davion down for the count.  At all.  Tucker Stone referenced deals being struck that he has great faith in, and the potential of a RotS/FS alliance or merger has so much Mary Sue it burns my eyes.  Never, ever bet everything against Davion.

5-1 House Liao: Peaked too early in 3145.  It can't be anything but downhill from there.

10-1 House Steiner: The Falcons are either going down or becoming ilClan.  And the odds are against ilClan.  Steiner has a comeback in its future and it'll be at the Falcon OZ's expense.  Still, Katrina notwithstanding, they're too much pigeonholed as the plucky sidekick to be the ilClan rather than the ilClan's sidekick.

30-1 House Marik:  The only way it's plausible is that a new Stone arises with a Marik surname.  that is, the next Mary Sue is a Marik and he/she forms a coalition of everyone else to do his/her bidding and he/she gets all the credit.  Probably not likely, but still possible.

20-1 The Tetatae: Who better to be revealed as having been behind the hyperspace mayhem?

Centurion03

• Master Sergeant
  • Jacta Alea Est - The Die is Cast
    • South African Wargamer
There was a bit of a hint.

That is interesting... I was aware of the historical meaning behind the name Alaric...  I didn't think that it would that much significance in-Universe.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
+1 for staking the Tetatae better odds than the FWL

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?