Author Topic: Re: DROP POD SEQUENCE INITIATED…THREE, TWO, ONE! (The announcements, finally)  (Read 51770 times)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Why? Units still need to be designed in BT before AS stats can be made.

Depending on layout, both sets of stats can easily fit on a page, along with art, some fluff, etc.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Why? Units still need to be designed in BT before AS stats can be made.
There are less then 100 AS cards to date, I figure that each book will come with a sheet of new ones and the TRO will be about them

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
Would they release the pdf for the novel before the dead tree version?

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
Yeah, poverty, surrounded by pretty paper and bits of plastic and metal. O0
You know my solution: make the miniatures edible.
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
There are less then 100 AS cards to date, I figure that each book will come with a sheet of new ones and the TRO will be about them

There are 48 Alpha Strike cards in the Lance Packs, and 90 in the AS card pack from Origins.  It stands to reason there could be more coming, but I doubt they'll be packaged with a print book.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Reading through IO, I see our kludged-together LAM Bomb Bay rules have been extensively revised.

So I'll be picking over THOSE with a fine-toothed comb. >:D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Primitive JumpShip KF drive rules are still a huge problem, because it basically backdoor allows "Monitors": ie. million-ton Primitive JumpShips with a 1-LY range KF drive taking up only 8% of vessel mass.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Have they at least patched that gap between Primitive JS and Standard Tech ones? From the Alpha there was a gap of about 50 years between Primitive ending and Standard beginning

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
an e-pub file makes more sense, but yeah, a digital version would be nice

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I believe they will all look alike Shimmy's version
Just look at them, they are very similar
http://shimmering-sword.deviantart.com/art/Battletech-Unseen-Moon-396176559
Looking closely, the Warhammer is dead on to the one on the Combat Manual Mercenaries cover. 

This is just awesome. ;)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Looking closely, the Warhammer is dead on to the one on the Combat Manual Mercenaries cover. 
There are similarities, that's to be expected—same artist. But no, not the same design.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Anyone else notice that there's one 'Mech, two vehicles and one BA on the cover of IO?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Anyone else notice that there's one 'Mech, two vehicles and one BA on the cover of IO?

Took me a second...

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
What I want to know is what this means for the IIC 'Mechs (Warhammer IIC et all). Trust me, I have reasons.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
I really would like an answer to this i asked 3 different ways on this thread lol

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
What I want to know is what this means for the IIC 'Mechs (Warhammer IIC et all). Trust me, I have reasons.

AHAHAHAHA MORE MEGAMEK SPRITES! MORE!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon

Unless we finally see the Homeworld Clans make an appearance after the Reavings... The Star Adders as the ilClan kinda scares the pants off me.

The good news is when the Adders take over no one will need pants. 

Did someone say clues to the Homeworld's fate in IO???  What????   
....grrrr this has to happen when the baby gets an ear infection and I'm too busy tending to him to check it out.   I named you Archer, boy.  Missile spam that fever and go to sleep!

I think Alaric the Wolf fulfilled the legacy of Alaric the goth when he took Tharkad since it was the Lyrans that invited him in and used his people as cannon fodder.  That meets the blueprint of his name sake.  Both had a chip on their shoulder and ambition for days though... (funny story my older child's name is Alaric)

Oh and....
ILCLAN COMETH!!!!!!

To the patient go the spoils

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die

Already answered: not yet.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Oh and....
ILCLAN COMETH!!!!!!

Unfortunately, trothkin, there are over 20 stravag publications before ilClan!

I declare a Trial of Refusal!

;)
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
this new warhammer looks rather like the unseen warhammer IIC so you could probably use it as a stand in easy enough.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
Unfortunately, trothkin, there are over 20 stravag publications before ilClan!

I declare a Trial of Refusal!

;)

It's on the damn Coming Attractions page... I'll take it as the first of 3 possible wins
The second is when it drops
The third will be seeing the Homeclans come calling

To the patient go the spoils

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
As of 2056 hrs CST, IO-Beta is #2 on the hot sellers list on DriveThruRPG. :D

To put that in perspective, the 1e AD&D DMG was just released this week on pdf as well, and it's only at #6.

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
yes, I did. To be fair, it was easier when the cover was a sketch

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
So . . . Broadstreet Bullies with a Banshee, Ontos (ML), Pegasus and GDL Standard? with some infantry.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
So is it a good idea to get the IO Beta? Whats missing from it?

@RotS fan, oh infantry as well

If that is a Banshee it's one we've never seen before

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
That's a nice cover.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
So is it a good idea to get the IO Beta? Whats missing from it?

@RotS fan, oh infantry as well

If that is a Banshee it's one we've never seen before

It's $10.00 US dollars, for 300+ pages of rules/construction info/and game systems for campaign play.  It win in my corner when i originally though they were going sell it for $60.00
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
And your feedback can impact the final product.  If that isn't enough incentive right there to pick it up then I don't know what is.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Plus, if you buy the Beta now, you'll get the final PDF for no extra charge, while if you wait the PDF will be $25. The hardcopy will likely be in the $60 range, as it is nearly 400 pages long.

Ice_Trey

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Hmm.

I really like the news that the unseen will be coming back, but - and call me a pessimist at heart - I'm getting flashbacks to 2009 here, when all things Battletech were throwing their arms up in celebration because they found some sort of loophole in the law that allowed them to make unseen mechs again... We were this close to getting another fantastic Mechwarrior single player PC game.

...but then Harmony Gold popped back up, put their foot down, and Nope'd everything to oblivion. The PC game had difficulty finding publishers (Likely in no small part to news about the C&D), leaving us with a FTP multiplayer-only title.

I know that there are some aesthetic changes being done to the old unseen, but I really hope the legal side of things (none of which I get to hear about) has been thoroughly talked through with HG and/or very expensive legal professionals. If I get a shiny new toy just to have it taken away a day later, that's just too heartbreaking.
« Last Edit: 25 July 2015, 02:36:29 by Ice_Trey »