Author Topic: MWO - New Solaris 7 Mode  (Read 5552 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
MWO - New Solaris 7 Mode
« on: 10 December 2017, 11:22:12 »
Let me see if I can put down what I remember.

Next year we will see MWO drop a new Game mode called SOLARIS 7, each season has a 3 month run time, can be played as Solo (still think it's not versus Enviroment, but 1v1) or 2v2.

As you play you can earn/lose Sponsors and Contracts.

Ass sorts of new items for mechs( cosemetic only but consist of things like SPIKES, HORNS, and the mech in the video ended up wielding a HATCHET!

At the end of the season, the standings are recorded in the archive and the new season begins.

NOTE, the SOLARIS 7 is a new game mode (like Solo Play and Faction Play), and there is a new Map coming called SOLARIS CITY, looks cool, has a lot of funky neon lights etc, think battling in DownTown Las Vegas!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

JarheadEd

• Private
Re: MWO - New Solaris 7 Mode
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2017, 22:26:12 »
JarheadEd: The "Official, all in one, Laser Magnet and Missile Sponge, "

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2017, 23:23:38 »
Interesting!

Cosmetics looks pretty neat. You could make your machine look more yours than generic paid jobs you get with faction you run with!   I wonder if those paint jobs can stay on while your on contract?
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 19:58:13 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2017, 17:17:21 »
Huh... this could be fun.  [blank]

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2018, 23:33:18 »
Roadmap for March, April and May has more info on Solaris - April 2018 release! - https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/02/2003-road-map-for-march-april-may

Solaris Feature Set Release
Overview and Update

Solaris is a 1v1 or 2v2 gladiatorial style game expansion for MechWarrior Online.
Divisions
Every ‘Mech variant in the game will be placed into 1 of 7 divisions based on their maxed out combat capabilities, so for example it will be possible to see a ‘Mech chassis have a variant in one division and another variant in another division.
Seasons
Solaris will be played out in seasons. (Currently planned to be 3 months long). At the end of the season, rewards are giving out for top performing MechWarriors in each division with additional attention to those at the top of the global leaderboards.
Matchmaker
There are no registered teams in Solaris. People can create a 2 player group and enter Solaris but they will not have a team based Elo score.
Match making will be performed on pure Elo calculations of players participating in Solaris. Groups will be matched using the player with the highest Elo value. Elo adjustments to the player with lower Elo scores will be calculated on the numbers generated by the higher Elo players on each team. This minimizes the capabilities of carrying low Elo players into match making levels where they aren’t naturally placed.
Prior to entering a match, players or groups will be banning maps in a turn based elimination method. Once 4 out of the 5 available maps have been banned, the remaining map will be the map the match is played on.
Server selection will be based on players opting in to the regional servers they are willing to play on. There is a server balancing algorithm that will bias server selection to the player who has not played on their own server previously. This is the same functionality as Comp Play.
Economy
Players will align themselves with a Patron who will be providing them with base reward payouts of C-Bills, XP and Accolades (ACC). Accolades are points used to rank up with the patrons and can be considered ‘fame’ for performing well in Solaris. The various ranks in Patrons will reward players with bolt-on cosmetics and other rewards. Each Patron has a booster associated to them that will give one extra boost in one of the 3 reward types (CB/XP/ACC). Patrons contract the players so players will be able to switch Patrons, if they wish, when the contract expires.
Along with Patrons, Sponsors will play a part in rewarding players who perform well. Sponsors will provide a straight up C-Bill boost per win while the Sponsor is active. Unlike Patrons however, Sponsors can be lost due to poor performance. Sponsors are gained and lost based on a 24-hour window of observation of Elo changes.
Leaderboards
There are leaderboards for each of the 7 ‘Mech Divisions. It is possible for players who play in multiple divisions to be on multiple leaderboards. A global leaderboard will average player rankings across all 7 ‘Mech Divisions to show who the big dogs are in Solaris. Leaderboards for solo play vs group play are separated. There is a grand total of 16 leaderboards in Solaris.
Spectate
Solaris also includes the ability to spectate Solaris matches. The number of spectators is increasing dramatically from the current 3 spectators for private matches. The Solaris main screen will also display high competition/exciting matches that can be selected to see who the participants are and what their ranking difference is. After selecting these matches, the player can spectate that match if they so wish. All tools available from the current spectator line-up will be available to all spectators of the Solaris match.
Comsumables
Solaris is about the synergy found between MechWarriors and their BattleMechs. It is the ultimate display of their capabilities as a pilot and being in sync with their BattleMechs capabilities. It is because of this and nature of 1v1/2v2 arena combat, consumables will not be allowed in Solaris.
Solaris is scheduled to launch in April 2018. Internal development is coming along quite quickly and this timeframe has a very high probability of being on target unless something catastrophic happens.

All the big five Solaris Open arenas are planned, only the Factory is as yet incomplete.

And like all things MWO, its funded by a Mech Pack - $30USD for 7 Hero 'Mechs and all the usual bonuses - https://mwomercs.com/solaris-7

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2018, 02:26:15 »
Is it bad that I want that Vulture just for the CT hardpoitns?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2018, 08:00:04 »
Is it bad that I want that Vulture just for the CT hardpoitns?

No, but that's the only one out of that collection that I want  #P
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2018, 09:16:17 »
I wonder if the Kurita "Iron Mountain" Will have actual moving /shifting mazes.

I doubt it, but guy can hope!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: 16 April 2018, 05:57:18 »
Solaris soon!

Patch notes with breakdown on how Solaris is intended to work. Get Triple-F as a sponsor! https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/263936-patch-notes-141590-17-apr-2018/

Breakdown of the Seven Divisions of Solaris - No Lights in Division 1! Yen-Lo-Wang in worst division! https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

Lots of preview streams on No Guts No Galaxy on Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

Solaris 7 Quick Play event - Things including 7 Million C-Bils for 7 Wins!

Solaris Heroes being teased - Vulture CT twin turret!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #9 on: 16 April 2018, 06:11:52 »
Not going to lie. Strongly considered getting it just for Vulture chin turret.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2018, 21:10:29 »
Isn't the chin turret on the Vulture III?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #11 on: 17 April 2018, 08:51:24 »
Isn't the chin turret on the Vulture III?
In BattleTech, yes. Video games are different. In MW4 the Vulture had a chin turret.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 17 April 2018, 10:05:36 »
Not going to lie; I'm pretty excited to test the Solaris games out. Especially the 2v2 division.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: 17 April 2018, 20:39:13 »
I'm at work so laptop can run MWO poorly, but well enough for new Mech Lab. It's glorious.

and bolt-ons! Not all 'Mechs have them yet but wow. Do you want a massive 'Mech scale Shield and sword on the back of your Atlas? Angel wings? Radar Dish? Nuclear Bomb?

Requiemking

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2018, 17:12:22 »
I've messed around in Solaris a fair bit now, and I can say that its.....interesting. The maps are quite well done(even though they basically reworked Ishiyama from the ground up), and the Division balance is acceptable(though still in need of work). The main issues I can see right now are some performance issues with regards to the Jungle(the foliage there is in dire need of optimisation) and some outlier mechs need to be moved into different divisions(Vindicator 1X with a certain setup is absolutely tearing Div 7 apart, and certain Commando variants are rated way to high).
Mist Match

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2018, 17:17:28 »
Its very much a world onto itself. I thought I might be able to get away with minor weapons and equipment tweaks, but need to extensively modify most of the 'Mechs I use and their skill trees from what I run in quick play. That was a bit of an unexpected skill point and c-bill sink.

Being unable to easily locate bolt-ons and the fact they are 'Mech specific, and so few can have them at present, is unfun.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2018, 19:42:24 »
I am fairly new to MWO though i've had account with them since they started.  How do you get into Solaris mode?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2018, 19:44:57 »
I am fairly new to MWO though i've had account with them since they started.  How do you get into Solaris mode?

https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/04/2038-patch-notes-141590-17apr2018

From the MAIN SCREEN, it will say SOLARIS towards upper right. Rest is explained in the patch notes

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2018, 19:49:22 »
https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/04/2038-patch-notes-141590-17apr2018

From the MAIN SCREEN, it will say SOLARIS towards upper right. Rest is explained in the patch notes
OH it's own launcher. that's why i didn't see a link to Solaris.  I wonder if they will eventually marry them together with it. 

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2018, 19:56:53 »
OH it's own launcher. that's why i didn't see a link to Solaris.  I wonder if they will eventually marry them together with it.

Doubt it. Technically within the game, you will have a 'FACTION PLAY' a 'QUICK PLAY' and a 'SOLARIS 7' mode, so one does not accidently drop in the 'wrong mode'

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #20 on: 21 April 2018, 21:19:14 »
I've tried using the Solaris 7 mode.  Since upgrade, lag city.  I've yet get a victory.  xp

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #21 on: 21 April 2018, 21:49:34 »
The desire to give one of my Urbies googly eyes and wings is strong.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Register