Author Topic: (Answered) Customization Time Modifier question  (Read 2726 times)

Dread Moores

• Captain
(Answered) Customization Time Modifier question
« on: 25 April 2011, 22:19:11 »
Here's the relevant info. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Refits would just have the x3 refit class (D in this case) time modifier. Customizations have an additional x2 modifier on time, over and above the x3 Class D modifier, for a total of x6 time modifier.

Highest level maintenance customization - Class D non-refit kit - 5400 minutes (90 hours), a base TN of skill +2, and Quality Rating automatically reduced one level.

Let's assume changing single heat sinks for double heat sinks. We'll call it just the base 10 heat sinks (and Class D does allow for those in the engine to be changed). 90 minutes (per heat sink) x2 (for customization) x3 (for Class D) x 10 (number of heat sinks) = 5400 minutes (90 hours). Skill modifier is +2 for Class D, +2 for customization, and -2 for replacing heat sinks.

Am I correct with the math here? You have the x3 modifier for a Class D refit and the additional x2 modifier for it being a customization?

Dread Moores

• Captain
Re: Customization Time Modifier question
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2011, 01:45:57 »
Just trying to put a bump on this to see if I can get an answer.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Customization Time Modifier question
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2015, 11:16:07 »
You are correct.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0