Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 25783 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,

It's new Development release time. Ok, being a development release, this is filled with bleeding edge goodness. So, use at your own risk, if you do make sure if stays in its own separate folder and you copy any customs and saves over. Other wise stay with the Stable.

Megamek.
If you’ve been checking out the Coming soon to MegaMek thread you’ve seen a good chunk of the awesomeness that Neoancient has coded.
  • Multi-Crew Cockpits – Check
  • Quadvees – Check
  • Mech Tracks – Check
  • Advanced Vehicle Movement (see TO pg 24) – Check (Have a look at this Bootlegger!)
  • WiGE fly correctly (better?) – Check
This is one of the most jammed packed releases for new stuff in years. We’ve got other stuff slowly coming down the pipe for all the programs and keep a watch on
The Coming soon to MegaMek thread for screenshots and details.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.

MegaMekLab.
We’ve got some bug fixes and the ability to build Quadvee’s

MekHQ.
MekHQ supports the new multi-crew cockpits and a couple of pesky bug fixes.

Here's the links:
Megamek.
MegaMek v0.43.3 (Development)
Code: [Select]
Added support for specifying # of marines, BA & other for large craft
New Sprites
Bug: Quads not getting +2 mod for firing while prone with bad hip.
Feature: multiple crew roles for Tripods, command consoles, and (unofficial) dual cockpits.
Feature: QuadVees
Feature: implemented Mech tracks
New Sprites and Unit Fixes.
Issue #562: Unit Type Gun Emplacement Not Working in RAT Generator
Issue #563: SRM and LRM Carriers' Weights
Issue #567: Princess instance hanging following point-blank attack.
Issue #568: Server stops responding when DropShip crashes at a map edge.
Bug:Fixing some map board issues.
Bug:Fixing some unit issues.
PR#524- Human TRO (Thanks Pheonixstorm)
Feature: TacOps advanced vehicle movement rules.
Fixes for WiGE movement, including interactions with terrain (buildings, bridges, woods, water) per errata.
Issue #481: VTOL unable to fly over bridge
Issue #523: VTOL Cannot Pass Under Bridge
New Sprites/Cleaning up old splash screens/New Screen added.

MegaMekLab.
MegaMekLab v0.43.3 (Development)
Bug: Some conventional infantry options require a higher tech level for Clan conventional infantry.
Issue #59: Drop-down list error when creating infantry.
QuadVee editing support; record sheets are usable but show as quad mech without second crew damage track.

MekHQ:
MekHQ v0.43.3 (Development)
Feature: Refactor AtBScenario to break up the monolithic AtBScenario class and to have a separate class for each scenario
Feature: Support for multiple crew in command consoles and tripod/quadvee/dual cockpits.
Fix #405: Properly set home side for Extraction scenario
Added QuadVee parts.
Bug [#955]: MekHQ deployed units would not print
PR#375 - Bug-Bad CO Rating.
PR#366 - Human TRO
PR#249 - AtB Contract Names
Fix #395: SPAs do not appear in Pilot Info in MHQ
Commenting out PR#249 see commit notes.
PR#409 - Fix for incorrect treatment of tornadoes

Enjoy everyone.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

elf25s

• Major
happy happy joy joy !
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
This is one of the most jammed packed releases for new stuff in years.

In other words, we've introduced more new bugs at once than we have in a long time.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
In other words, we've introduced more new bugs at once than we have in a long time.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

elf25s

• Major
is it my imagination ...compared to previous 2 builds this one is lightning quick.

wow just noticed this one...gm generated missions...thanks! now i need a bib! its from all the drooling over this build!
« Last Edit: 18 July 2017, 19:10:51 by elf25s »
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Random

• Master Sergeant
I just launched a mission from MMHQ and both my mechs and the enemy are trying to jump though buildings rather that over them.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I just launched a mission from MMHQ and both my mechs and the enemy are trying to jump though buildings rather that over them.

There was very little touched with princess.  The best thing to do is post a log and Save game prior to the behavior happening.  The link to the MegaMek bug tracker is in my Sig.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Random

• Master Sergeant
Right, I'll see if I can recreate it in MegaMek as opposed to launching from MMHQ that way I don't have to send custom files as well.

Edit:  Done!  Happens in MegaMek stand alone as well.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2017, 21:11:43 by Random »

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
I suspect this is something I broke while struggling with the errata on the interaction between WiGEs and buildings. I should get a chance to look at it tomorrow.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Thank You for your hard work guys!! Now onto terrorizing those bots!  }:)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Just had a bot tank, I forget which model, with (defensive) after its name, is that the variant name or have you guys managed to give specific units specific AI personalities?

pheonixstorm

• Major
variant name. It was posted either here, slack, or perhaps on github, that the AI has not been touched in some time.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Just had a bot tank, I forget which model, with (defensive) after its name, is that the variant name or have you guys managed to give specific units specific AI personalities?

Demolisher Heavy Tank (Defensive)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
Already posted in Github, but Battle Armor is really messed up.  Some won't load in MekHQ or MM.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

zulf

• Sergeant
does multi crew cockpits include command consoles?

thanks for the awesome work!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
does multi crew cockpits include command consoles?

thanks for the awesome work!

yep
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

zulf

• Sergeant
awesome! how do you set who is the pilot and who is the commander? they both show up as pilot.

with the tripod cockpit you are the given the 3 options so that's working great.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
awesome! how do you set who is the pilot and who is the commander? they both show up as pilot.

with the tripod cockpit you are the given the 3 options so that's working great.

When you load they should be assigned automatically. You then can tweak the skills on the tabs. Neoancient would have to expand more.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
That's because the roles are interchangeable. The unit starts with the first listed as pilot and the second as commander, but you can go to the pilot tab of the unit display and switch them. The switch will take place during the end phase. I should add a button to the configuration dialog that let's you swap then in the lounge.

zulf

• Sergeant
I noticed last night that when a mech takes a gyro hit there is no immediate PSR needed to be made. 

the damage is recorded because PSR's for movement with a damaged gyro  are made the following turns are still made correctly.

thank you guys so much for the hard work!!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I noticed last night that when a mech takes a gyro hit there is no immediate PSR needed to be made. 

the damage is recorded because PSR's for movement with a damaged gyro  are made the following turns are still made correctly.

thank you guys so much for the hard work!!

Pg 126 TW "After the first critical hit to the gyro, the controlling player must make a Piloting Skill Roll at the end of the phase"
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

zulf

• Sergeant
yep that's the roll i'm talking about it doesn't happen in the end phase of the turn the hit took place.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member

I got the conditional backwards when I was working on QuadVees and tracks so that 'Mechs don't make PSRs for gyro hits unless they are using tracks or are QuadVees in vehicle mode. I just posted the fix.

zulf

• Sergeant
Re: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #23 on: 03 August 2017, 00:33:20 »
awesome !

you guys are amazing!

battletech

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 03 August 2017, 18:02:35 »
I just received an officer duel mission for the up coming game week.

It is six game days before the mission and the opposing force is Griffin, a Rifleman, a stalker and a Cyclops.

According to Against the Bot this is s one-on-one battle.

Why is it listing four enemy mechs?
"Old age and treachery will beat youth and beauty every single time." - Natasha Kerensky

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 04 August 2017, 09:32:04 »
I've found that some of the 'special' missions, the forces listed are not what you face.

When you allocate the officer and start the mission, the forces can significantly change.

Make sure you save first!

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 04 August 2017, 09:58:33 »
Yeah, the way it works is that the units you face depend on the weight class of the mech you deploy. Until you deploy something, it treats the lack of mech as a light mech. Then, when you deploy an assault mech to fight the poor scrub in a Locust, MekHQ will change the guy you fight to an assault mech as well.

battletech

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 05 August 2017, 19:17:41 »
I just received an officer duel mission for the up coming game week.

It is six game days before the mission and the opposing force is Griffin, a Rifleman, a stalker and a Cyclops.

According to Against the Bot this is s one-on-one battle.

Why is it listing four enemy mechs?
I advanced to the day of the mission and started it.  The mission pulled up all four mechs to battle against.  I closed and started the mission four times before I just deleted the Griffin, Rifleman and the Cyclops.
"Old age and treachery will beat youth and beauty every single time." - Natasha Kerensky

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2017, 05:39:13 »
Yeah, I just roll a 1d4 and keep that one

SandMan

• Master Sergeant
  • For Davion!
« Reply #29 on: 10 August 2017, 19:24:54 »
Where does MML keep its weapon and equipment data?  I was hoping to go through and at least clean up the weapon names (the prototypes are a particular mess, ballistic and energy weapon prototypes are listed completely differently), but a grep search through the source files doesn't turn up anything but unit files when I look for weapon names.