Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)  (Read 325521 times)

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)
« Reply #1320 on: 09 November 2015, 09:36:34 »
Nice update!  Sorry to see the loss of the leader for McCarron's Armored Cavalry and wonder how the AFFS will respond to the pirate assault on Malagrotta? 

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1321 on: 10 November 2015, 01:19:19 »
About time the AFFS had another Bar-B-Que, pirates on a spit,
or just tell the Nova Cats where they are. >:D
Another Christifori coming online to haunt the Capellans and the clans. >:D
Pity about the big MAC's leader.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1322 on: 10 November 2015, 10:03:39 »
I so want put all these posts for the story into a book.  Properly have to be volumes. :)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1323 on: 12 November 2015, 03:55:48 »
I so want put all these posts for the story into a book.  Properly have to be volumes. :)

You would need 1708 pages worth for the book printed from a word document size 11 text

You'd probably be best to split by decade if you were crazy enough to print it ;) personally I prefer it online then I can search back what I've written to try and keep it all straight.  Has worked so far I think not many trip ups or at least not too obvious ones.

Counter-attack
Victoria, Victoria Commonality
Capellan Confederation
11th October 3100

Additional Capellan Confederation units including the Warrior Houses Kamata and Dai Da Chi and two WarShips are assigned to the defence of Victoria fighting their way through the Federated Suns defence they land on the planet reinforcing defensive units even as the AFFS continues to pound their positions.  Despite the arrival of these elite warriors Duchess Kym Hasek remains with the invasion troops intent on showing the Capellans that she will not be a desk leader of the Capellan March.

Terminal One, Command Deck
Nova Cats Den, Periphery
14th October 3100

Constructed in deep space between New Port Royal and and Valois the Nova Cats had finished basic construction of a Dominion Terminal Facility similar to those being constructed by the Rasalhague Dominion.  The facility was basic for now with minimal defences and facilities but the Nova Cats planned to expand the station to include extensive defences, cargo handling and civilian quarters.  Khan Canin Rosse stood on the station’s command deck with Star Admiral Anders McKenna “an impressive facility quiaff?”

“Aff even if it is a waste of resources.”  McKenna said “we could have spent the resources on new WarShips, JumpShips or smaller stations all that could have helped us more than this single place.”

“Perhaps but Terminal One is large enough to house an assault force for months and provide them with a staging area allowing us to stockpile resources.”  The problem the Nova Cats had found in this region was that there was a severe lack of planets and moons that were viable to colonize most of the planets they had found were unstable gas giants or planets far too close to their suns which was why they’d turned to building Terminals.  Now the Nova Cats were constructing six such structures between the core worlds of the Nova Cat’s Den and their new territories closer to the Federated Suns and Filtvelt Coalition.

“Aff but it is a target” McKenna began “at least a ship can move.”

“A planet is a target as well” Canin reminded the old Star Admiral “the advantage this facility has is our enemies have to find this place no-one has permanently settled this system before.”  He said leaving out the idea that traffic may use it as a shortcut to get somewhere else if so that practice would have now ended.

“So we consider the Federated Suns and Filtvelt our enemies?”  McKenna asked carefully he’d heard that the Khan’s ‘partner’ had been upset at recent adventurism by Nova Cat units against the Federated Suns.

“Neg but they should expect us to Trial against them we are Clan.”

“They do not understand our ways” McKenna pointed out “after all these years we have tried to educate them and yet now they call our attacks a betrayal.” He snarled angrily the Federated Suns response to the recent trials had been to launch attacks on Brockton, Sherwood and Ebro.  All three had been driven back by Nova Cat ground and naval forces but it was a clear show that they did not understand the Nova Cats.

“They failed in their trials” Canin said “and should they continue to try and provoke a response they will get one.”

“So you won’t stop our warriors?”  He asked surprised that the Khan would allow is commanders to follow this path he’d always been a Warden believing that the Inner Sphere deserved the Clan’s protection.

“Neg, I will not command the Nova Cats forever the Federated Suns needs to know that our policies change and that our people are not to be ignored.”

“It hasn’t helped your opponents that you have authorized these attacks either” McKenna noted.

“I hadn’t noticed” Canin Rosse joked looking at his friend “now let’s have a look around.”  He said heading for an exit.  Soon this facility would be fully operational and the Nova Cats would have a new base of operations right on the border of the Filtvelt Coalition.

Public Declaration
Asta, Star League Protectorate
28th October 3100

Following the declarations of Acubens and Connaught for the Star League Protectorate the world of Asta in the Draconis Combine’s Military District of Dieron declares for the Star League Protectorate.  The agricultural world cites that over the last several months the world has suffered from an increasing amount of pirate attacks but due to its lack of heavy, military, industry its call for increased defences had fallen on deaf ears on Dieron.  The leader of Asta, Governor Anfernee van Lark, states that his people deserve a permanent defence force something that the SLDF are willing to provide but that the Draconis Combine is unable.

Rumours circulate that the SLDF diplomats have approached the leaders of Dieron however the Warlord of Dieron Duke Akira Tormark rubbishes these claims stating that Dieron and all of its district worlds are under the protection of the Dragon now and forever.  He states that Asta, Yorii, Altair and Fomalhaut (all of the Draconis Combine worlds to join the Star League Protectorate) will all return to the Dragon’s banner in time and they will be welcomed by House Kurita.

Street Walk
Avalon City, New Avalon
Crucis March, Federated Suns
29th October 3100

There was not much interest from the people of New Avalon in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints but Elder Joseph Marik and his partner would continue to try and bring the word of God to the people.  One young man approached him he had dark hair and was perhaps twenty years old “May I speak to you?”  Joseph asked

“Of course sire” the man said respectfully Joseph immediately knew that he’d been recognized.

“I am not that today I am a simple Elder intent on spreading the word…”

“Sire, I know who you are” the man said interrupting “I was sent to see you, to pass a message to you one that could not be entrusted to an HPG message.”  He said

“I am aware of my mother’s death” Joseph said calmly “I am not involved in the leadership of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth.”

“I am aware sire” the man said exasperated with Joseph’s calm reply “but neither is your family…”

“My sister…”

“Sire, I am sorry to tell you that your sister Duchess Giselle Marik is dead” he said breaking the news as lightly as one could on a New Avalon street “she died from wounds sustained fighting against our nation’s enemies.  Duke Leonard Stewart has seized control over our nation he has taken your families place.”  He warned

“I understand thank you” he said “peace be with you” Joseph said walking off with his stunned companion for now he’d continue along this path.

Hours later Elder Joseph Marik and his companion were still walking the streets of New Avalon trying to pass their message when they encountered three men.  The men were dressed in clean clothes and approached the two men from different directions “gentlemen, can we help?”  Joseph’s companion asked stepping towards one of the men.  The first blow came quickly a piece of metal flashed in the light catching the man across the side of the head knocking him to the ground.  Joseph reacted from instinct and training immediately flashing forward he struck the attacker on the face with a closed fist as he recoiled Joseph grabbed for the hand holding the metal wrestling it from his grasp.  Now armed with the piece of pipe Joseph moved faster than the three men he stood against first striking the attacker again, this time with the pipe knocking him to the ground, he spun quickly striking the next attacker in the ribs he heard ribs shatter as the pipe struck them the man doubling over in pain.  A rapid strike with his left fist knocked him to the ground once down Joseph followed up with another strike against the man striking his head instantly knocking him out.  This left it at one against one with the final attacker Joseph didn’t wait for him to react to his fallen companions instead threw the piece of pipe he had been holding turning it into a projectile it flew like a spear striking the last attacker in the chest the pipe went straight through his chest there was a spray of blood as the man fell to the ground dead.  Joseph looked down at the man and sunk to his knees as his companion rolled over looking at Joseph “what happened are they dead?”

“One of them is” Joseph whispered “the others are unconscious they’ll live” Joseph said

“We have to tell the authorities”

“They probably already know” Joseph said thinking that his SAFE bodyguards hadn’t shown up yet likely following his orders and maintaining their distance after seeing he could look after himself.  They would however have informed the local emergency services just in case he needed medical attention.  Soon after Elder Joseph Marik was arrested by the Avalon City Police Department and was charged with manslaughter.  Due to his diplomatic, and family, ties Joseph was released to the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth Embassy over the course of three days there were several attacks against members of the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and against citizens of the former-Free Worlds League resulting in Joseph being forced to leave New Avalon by local authorities and diplomatic pressure from the Federated Suns.  Leaving in disgrace Elder Joseph Marik begins his journey back to the world of Marik.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #1324 on: 12 November 2015, 12:07:17 »
wow... so no investigation, no one to say "hey, the man was attacked and he defended himself!"? .....  ???

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1325 on: 12 November 2015, 21:44:27 »
wow... so no investigation, no one to say "hey, the man was attacked and he defended himself!"? .....  ???

A shoehorned one he was Marik noble passing word of a religion they tolerated who had enough connections to never be convicted but was an easy scapegoat.  Also I wanted him in the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth.  Originally when I wrote the character his life on New Avalon actually took him into exile in the Star League Protectorate.  As the timeline evolved a little bit further I decided to steer him home as I found ways to give him an interesting life in the Former Free Worlds League
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1326 on: 13 November 2015, 02:31:13 »
So DC you admit it, you organised the attack against Joseph Marik just to get him back to the FWL. :D >:D
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1327 on: 13 November 2015, 05:36:35 »
So DC you admit it, you organised the attack against Joseph Marik just to get him back to the FWL. :D >:D

"You might say that but I can't possibly comment..."

Dragoncat.

possibly :p
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1328 on: 15 November 2015, 17:18:17 »
"You might say that but I can't possibly comment..."

Dragoncat.

possibly :p

Nah I'll admit I set that up... and a few other things such as...

Right more story

Skirmish
York, Alarion Province
Lyran Commonwealth
9th November 3100

Hauptmann Lina Arndt commander of the Ninth Lyran Regulars Regiment turned her Bandersnatch towards the Brotherhood BattleMech.  Her company had been assigned to assisting Intelligence teams that had been watching a Brotherhood of Cincinatus when the Brotherhood had suddenly struck at them with an entire BattleMech lance which had smashed its way clear of the warehouse they were hidden in.  Lina knew that the six members of the Intelligence team were dead by just looking at the building they had been in which burned uncontrollably.  Leveling her Mech’s arms at the enemy Rifleman Lina hit the primary triggers firing both of her Mech’s autocannons into the target both BattleMech sized shotgun blasts cut over the Rifleman’s left shoulder shredding the actuator there.  Immediately Lina opened fire with the arm mounted medium lasers burning away yet more armour.  The four Brotherhood Mechs were hopelessly outnumbered but they did not lack skill despite losing an entire arm the Rifleman turned firing its remaining laser and autocannon at Lina’s heavier Mech.  Cutting to the right Lina opened fire with another barrage of autocannon fire destroying more armour off the back and torso of her enemy she saw a small internal failure on the enemy Mech the Rifleman continued to move and fire as it turned and fired again the autocannon missing Lina’s Mech but the laser burning over the left leg.

Across from Lina’s Mech Regulars Stealth BattleMech was finishing off a Brotherhood Stinger BattleMech Lina was sure that today her unit would be victorious but how many more battles would they fight before the enemy in their midst was gone.  Turning her Mech again Lina trigger both autoocannons again striking the enemy Mech’s torso these shots penetrated the torso armour smashing the gyroscope as the Rifleman began to fall the pilot triggered his ejection seat escaping the falling Mech.  “Hauptmann Arndt to recovery team we got one seat heading due east” she called out with luck the VTOL based recovery team could capture the warrior before they escaped into York’s undergrowth.  Glancing around she saw the other two Mechs had also fallen “Mech units are down ground teams move in secure their armour and anyone that’s still inside.”

The infantry and Battle Armour ground troops rushed into the facility but they found the facility completely abandoned all the computer equipment destroyed and the four armoured vehicles missing.  York was a planet of more than a billion souls with a busy spaceport and several auxiliary fields making it nearly impossible to track them down if they wished to head out of the system adding to the difficulty of tracing down the Brotherhood of Cincinatus.

Royal Birth, Regulan Hospital facility
Regulus, Principality of Regulus
Former-Free Worlds League
12th November 3100

Under heavy security Prince Lester Cameron-Jones third child Rene Cameron-Jones is born.  With a family, a loyal army and secure borders with all of their neighbours Lester Cameron-Jones can concentrate on building up the facilities within his realm and improving his people’s lives.

With the unstable leadership across the border in the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth the Principality benefits from vastly increase immigration figures in every border system.  While the government of Regulus is involved in tentative talks with some of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth worlds the Principality are nowhere near ready to welcome any of the worlds into their borders.

Trial of Possession, Sacred Rite (Nightlord II-class Battleship)
Quatre Belle, Raven Alliance
Periphery
16th November 3100

The battle damaged Nightlord II-class Battleship Sacred Rite moved through the extensive shioyards of the Quatre Belle system hours before the Sacred Rite had fought a battle against the Snow Raven WarShip Snow Raven, another Nightlord II, the two vessels had traded blows for hours until the Snow Raven had lost its main propulsion unit unable to maneuver the Ravens had surrendered the Trial of Possession.  There was no intent from either Clan to destroy the others WarShip these vessels simply cost too much to be wasted in a Trial of any kind instead they had decided that the first ship to lose a critical system propulsion, main power, command and control or life support would lose the battle.  Although the Sacred Rite had lost several weapon systems and had extensive armour damage its core systems remained intact bringing victory both ships would fight again in different battles perhaps against each other perhaps against another target of their Clan it was the Clan way.

Now the Sacred Rite moved closer to the shipyards to collect the Nova Cat prize a newly completed Swiftsure-class Cruiser during the battle Nova Cat Star Admiral Anders McKenna had been killed.  In honour of the long serving Star Admiral the newly captured WarShip would be named for him while Nova Cat warriors would travel to the McKenna Bloodrite Contest in Snow Raven territory to ensure that the Bloodname remained within their Clan further honouring the fallen warrior.  It was how Clan society was supposed to work warriors effectively living forever with their genes passing into the gene programs and future warriors being born into the Clan.  Anders McKenna has served the Nova Cat Clan for more than thirty years already he would be remembered in the Clan’s Remembrance now a WarShip would bare his name and in the future warriors would carry his bloodhouse to new heights in the Nova Cat Clan.

Salvage Mission, RCS Providence (Fox Block III-class Yardship)
Deep system, Timbuktu
Rim Collection
23rd November 3100

“Commodore this prize is worth it but it is like searching for a needle in a hay sack” Naval Director Eric Gruber said glancing over at the Fire Mandrill naval officer.

“Space is large” the Fire Mandrill said quietly ignoring Gruber’s comment.  He was a politician and owner of a leading construction firm in the Rim Collection and he wanted this prize possibly more than the naval officers of the Rim Collection did.  Their prize was the LCS Carl Steiner, a Hyperion-class Heavy Cruiser, a vessel that the Lyran Commonwealth had abandoned following the failed invasion of Timbuktu.  At the last sighting of the vessel the hull was intact as were its engines but the vessel had suffered extensive system, weapon and K-F Core damage.  Long range tracking radar facilities on Timbuktu had seen a JumpShip enter the system and remove the crew from the Carl Steiner.

“Yes it is” Gruber said “but if we were to salvage this WarShip then it would be a significant asset.”

“Or an albatross around our neck the vessel was crippled by our naval forces” the Fire Mandrill officer said confidently “the Lyrans abandoned it not because it couldn’t defend itself but because of the jump core damage which can take years to repair.  They could have easily destroyed the vessel but instead most likely they have left booby-traps on board the craft which will injure and kill our crew.”

“I am confident Commodore that your people are good enough to avoid such traps and to recover our prize.”  He said the Fire Mandrill officer was angry that the man didn’t care for the warriors and techs would be boarding the Carl Steiner instead all he wanted was the ship to study, rebuild and profit from.

“We need to find the ship first” it had been three long weeks of searching so far and nothing could be seen “it is almost like the ship has disappeared.”

“Impossible” Gruber said “we would have found wreckage if they had destroyed the vessel we would have detected the drive plume if the crew had burned off the remaining fuel.”  He said pointing it out

“Then you explain it Commodore…”

“It is Star Commodore” the Fire Mandrill officer snapped back angrily correcting the man.

“Regardless” Gruber said the Clansmen’s anger “you are a naval officer you explain why we cannot find any sign of this WarShip?”

“It no longer remains in this system.”  He answered after a moment’s hesitation

“Impossible” Gruber repeated in his arrogance “you said yourself that the KF Core had been damaged beyond repair by our vaunted naval forces.”

“Not impossible” the Mandrill corrected “this WarShip is a repair vessel with a dock capable of surrounding another craft and repairing damaged systems.”

“You cannot replace a KF Core in the time between the Carl Steiner’s abandonment and now” Gruber said angrily “explain?”

“There are types of repair ship that have a reinforced repair bay which would allow them to jump with the Carl Steiner inside.”

“Who fields a ship with that capability?” Gruber demanded knowing that House Steiner had no such asset.

“I do not know the Clans fielded few such craft before…” he began before stopping thinking of the past when his Mandrills had been part of the core Clan society. “There were few extended campaigns we did not need such craft on a regular basis and there were many shipyards.”  He said proudly “now I would be surprised if any survive.  The only others who could have such a craft would be the Star League Defence Force” he suggested “but we have not seen such capabilities from them either.”

“Someone old hidden away from prying eyes?  Or something new?”  Gruber suggested the Fire Mandrill officer did not reply instead they continued their search.  After another three weeks the search was called off with no sign of the Carl Steiner being found in the Timbuktu system or the surrounding interstellar space.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2015, 15:05:39 by Dragon Cat »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1329 on: 15 November 2015, 18:44:05 »
Pity about the Carl Steiner, I was really hoping the RWC would get it, a nice addition.
I wonder who has a Newgrange sitting around collecting dust around there. ::)
Growing up is optional.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1330 on: 15 November 2015, 22:18:47 »
I smell a blakist hold out...
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1331 on: 16 November 2015, 02:45:30 »

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #1332 on: 17 November 2015, 20:49:23 »
Nope
You had my curiosity. Now you have my interest.
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1333 on: 17 November 2015, 22:39:31 »
Ooh, now I wanna see what you've come up with for the Swiftsure-class.  Also, great story, been following it for at least a couple years.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1334 on: 18 November 2015, 14:58:32 »
Liking where this is going, even with a few typos, I can see this is a great write.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1335 on: 20 November 2015, 18:50:44 »
Ooh, now I wanna see what you've come up with for the Swiftsure-class.  Also, great story, been following it for at least a couple years.

I try to post over next few days

Liking where this is going, even with a few typos, I can see this is a great write.

TT

Glad you like

It's time to end 3100 - I'll post an up to date WarShip list and new Map tomorrow hopefully.  As always any questions or comments feel free to make or to send in a PM

AFFS Withdrawal
New Vandenberg, Taurian Concordat
Periphery
2nd December 3100

As the last Excalibur-class DropShip raised up from the surface of New Vandenberg Colonel Carol Trenouth smiled her Concordat Jaegers Regiment had finally driven the Federated Suns off of her home planet New Vandenberg was a Taurian world once more.  Her regiment and two others had been battered during the year long conflict for control over the system and much of the planet’s industrial and training complexes had been damaged.  Already Carol knew that there were plans to not only repair these facilities but expand them along with the addition of orbital defences and expanded aerospace fighter bases.  These upgrades would likely take the better part of decades and it had all started today with their victory over the AFFS.
In the end they had come up against the Twelth Deneb Light Cavalry LCT and the Eighth Syrtis Fusiliers LCT with both units holding up her forces well bogging them down with large numbers of vehicles and Battle Armour closely packed.  Her senior officers had planned several deep strikes at the rear areas of the AFFS units intending on striking down their supply chain.  When her assault units had struck they had found that the AFFS supply vehicles were missing the supply base all but abandoned.  The next day the Deneb Light Cavalry had struck at the Taurian’s supply lines forcing the Jaegers to retreat and when they had done so the AFFS units had disappeared disengaging completely.  Believing that the attackers wanted some sort of respite from battle Carol Tenrouth had turned her under supplied troops around and struck at the retreating AFFS units and it appeared that they had finally broken the invaders as they continued their retreat all the way to their DropShips.

In preparation for the final assault her people had rested over night three kilometres from the AFFS landing zone.  In the morning her troops had awoken the the rumble of DropShip engines stepping out of her tent Carol had looked into the air watching the leaving DropShips one after the other.  The Taurian scouts had soon reported that finally the last DropShip, the now leaving Excalibur, was boosting off of the surface finally New Vandenberg was free the rebuilding could begin.

Road of Shame
Pirate’s Haven, Pirate Cluster
Periphery
17th December 3100

“They tried to invade our world!” King Nathaniel Gordon said angrily it had hardly been an invasion twenty-four Battle Armour equipped troopers of the Federated Suns Rabid Fox Command.  Somehow the Federated Suns had located their haven in the cluster but the pirates had been ready.  Prepared for any type invasion on their soil as soon as the Rabid Foxes were discovered every pirate under Nathaniel Gordon’s command had moved.  Hopelessly outgunned at least twenty of the troopers had been killed or disabled and now the survivors were at the mercy of the pirates of the Cluster “we were ready for them!”  Gordon screamed as the gates opened the nine surviving men and women were herded by the pirates down a narrow path each had their hands bound and they were tied to the trooper in front of them all around the path were the baying crowd of the Pirate’s cluster.  This world had originally been designed as a hidden base for the pirates but over the years it had grown to form a small community who lived and died under pirate rule.  Now the people had their entertainment as the surviving Rabid Fox troopers were pushed down the street they were pelted by thrown food, thrown human waste and stones.  Several of the troopers were knocked to the ground halling their companions down into the muck with them as they went but each time they stubbornly got back up continuing their march.  Nathaniel’s advisors had said he should keep a couple alive to interrogate but this was not the moment for such matters instead the troopers were led to a row of hanging ropes.  As they approached the troopers realized what was happening to them this was not a walk of humiliation but their execution several attempted to break their bonds and escape but each time they did a pirate stepped in and smashed them with the butt of their rifle knocking the trooper to the ground.  “Our Succession Lords need to understand that if they come to our world they pay the price.”  Gordon said as the nooses were wrapped around the necks of the captives.  “You should have never come to my world” Gordon said raising his arm once the last rope had been tied.  As one the nine captives were raised by their necks on the ropes and began to choke to death.

A kilometre away the four remaining Rabid Fox troopers watched through their Magshot Gauss Rifle scopes.  The remaining squad leader watched as his comrades were lifted to their deaths “triple salvo and then we break to Alternate Post Zulu” he ordered there were three winks of status lights as the other troopers acknowledged his command.  “Fire” he finally said immediately the troopers fired three rapid salvos from their weapons each salvo was aimed intentionally the first was aimed at the first four troopers, the second at the third line of four while the fourth hit the last trooper, two of Nathaniel Gordon’s advisers and Gordon himself.  The Rabid Fox team had no chance of releasing their captives but nor would they leave them to die by hanging instead a quick death as the gauss shots tore through them.  The last salvo targeted on Gordon killed both of his advisers instantly but at the last moment the King moved slightly knocking the shot off instead of impacting with the man’s head the shot tore through his left elbow severing the arm completely as the kinetic force tore through his body.

Not waiting to see the results of their fire the remaining squad broke position immediately disappearing into the wastes of this planet.  They still had a mission to complete and they would do everything in their power to ensure it was completed by the time allotted to them.  In the pirate camp chaos ensued as the pirates scrambled to find the attackers, to check on their captives and to tend to their now wounded King.

Alternate Post Zulu
Pirate’s Haven, Pirate’s Cluster
Periphery
19th December 3100

After two days of hard travel the four remaining Rabid Fox troopers finally arrived at Alternate Point Zulu.  Approaching pair of connected shipping containers the squad leader Leftenant Christopher Grant pushed a small veil into the control panel the door slid open allowing the four Infiltrator III suits to enter.  As the entered lighting inside automatically activated Christopher Grant moved forward half way along the container docking his suit with one of the power points the other three suits docked with the remaining power points as they did the container doors closed behind them sealing the container fans inside quickly scrubbed the atmosphere clearing the way for the four troopers to breath unassisted.

“Well this is a FUBAR situation” Trooper McKenna Wilde said stepping out of her suit “El-Tee what the hell are we supposed to do now?”  She asked crossing the container stretching out on one of the bunks.

“We can still complete the mission.”  Christopher said moving across to the bank of computer screens entering a code.

“We can still complete the mission?  Who the hell are you trying to kid?”  Trooper George Hewlett said stepping over to his bunk “we came here with twenty-four men and women two elite teams of Rabid Fox troopers and we just killed our last allies on this rock.”  He said angrily

“Our mission was to flatten that Brigand factory” Christopher Grant said “we can still do that” he said looking at the other three “we survived the pirate ambush because we are the best the fact we were able to engage Gordon and evade without return and we are now in a facility that the pirates won’t be able to find unless they walk into it.”  He said the containers were lined with stealth materials and had a low power outage making them nearly completely undetectable.  There was enough food to last a squad for months and plenty of ammunition for their suits and for small arms.

“We’re completely outnumbered and the CO is dead we’re screwed.”  George replied

“Not quite” Christopher said triumphantly as the computers booted up “gather around” he said calling the other three closer “anyone that made it to one of these facilities is given access to Plan Epsilon.”

“Plan Epsilon?”  McKenna asked

“Yes” Christopher said “the plan is to strike at the factory then we break off and rendezvous at Post Omega.”  He said highlighting a position on the map “from there we can hold out until our pick up arrives.”

“If it arrives” George said “getting into the Cluster has never been easy.”  He said shrugging.

“Have some confidence they will come” Christopher said “we’ve done the impossible here people surviving that ambush and making it here.  We’ve got a little bit further to go then we’re heading home” he said confidently “now get some sleep.”  He finally ordered dismissing his three squad-mates this was not home but it was somewhere safe and safe is what they needed right now.

Trial of Possession
Morven, Filtvelt Coalition
Periphery
22nd December 3100

A Trial of Possession like those the Nova Cats had launched over the last several months however what would become known as the Battle of Morven had just begun.  Landing during the middle of the night the Fourth Nova Cat Guards had intended on fighting a limited Trial of Possession having challenged the Fourth Filtvelt Guardians during their burn towards the planet.

As the Nova Cat’s landed flares lit up the sky followed rapidly by artillery and long range missile fire from the defenders who targeted the Nova Cat DropShips before they had even landed with a Union C-class vessel making a crash landing killing an entire Trinary of warriors as the ship’s lower decks were crushed on impact.  Incensed by this attack and waste of life the Fourth Nova Cat Guards Cluster launched their attack on the defenders as soon as they had landed.

Without any preparation the Nova Cat’s three remaining trinaries attacked their enemy individually allowing the Filtvelt forces to cause heavy damage to the unit over the next twenty-four hours however the Nova Cat Guards were an elite formation and were part of the Nova Cat’s Delta Galaxy which had a reputation for having only the best warriors and equipment assigned to it.  By the dawn the second day the remaining Nova Cats, who still numbered three trinaries, had been able to regroup and began to push against the Filtvelt defenders.  With no intention on giving the periphery unit a second chance at an honourable battle the remaining Fourth Nova Cat Guards walked methodically through each of the remaining Filtvelt Guardians units brutally executing downed warriors.  By the beginning of the third day the Nova Cats had completely overrun the last of Morven’s defenders completing the conquest of the planet and ending the battle.

As a reminder of the Guardian’s failure to defend Morven the Nova Cats placed the planet’s occupied population under a twenty-four hour curfew during which they collected every piece of broken Guardian BattleMech or armoured vehicle dumping them in a heap in the centre of the planetary capital.  The new Clan warlords of Morven then passed a message to all members of the population that they must attend and see the mass of metal before continuing on the next day as a physical message to every man, women and child that should they resist the Nova Cats they will pay the price.  Beyond that the Nova Cats allow the planet to continue as normal the only real changes being that instead of Filtvelt units that were rotating through the planet and guarding the streets they were now Nova Cat ones.  And Nova Cat Merchants regulating all trades on the planet because the Nova Cats already controlled several nearby star systems and had a stronger merchant fleet than the Filtvelt Coalition within the first six months of Nova Cat rule three years worth of travelers had passed through Morven bringing new opportunities to the people. As a permanent reminder to the population and to any visitors the remains of the Fourth Filtvelt Guardians Regiment was left in the central square of Morven City a constant reminder of what happens when the Clan is resisted.

Terrorist Attack
Cate’s Hold, Magistracy of Canopus
Periphery
27th December 3100

During a pirate raid the Canopian Highlanders Regiment are effectively wiped out to the man as a thermo-nuclear bomb is detonated near their operation’s base on Cate’s Hold.  Nearly one thousand civilians are killed by the blast while the raiders take dozens of slaves from the population.  Following the attack the Canopian’s Ebon Magistrate Special Forces command is deployed to track down and eliminate these pirate/terrorist forces.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1336 on: 20 November 2015, 19:12:26 »
Nice update.
Nova Kitties are gaining ground. O0
Growing up is optional.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1337 on: 20 November 2015, 20:19:08 »
Brutal and nice read.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1338 on: 21 November 2015, 03:55:43 »
Grand as always, darn brutal and I had that scene from Last of the Mohicans running through my head as I read the execution of the Teeth.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1339 on: 23 November 2015, 15:26:46 »
Brutal and nice read.

Was intended to show how much of a mess the Rabid Fox Intel had made

Grand as always, darn brutal and I had that scene from Last of the Mohicans running through my head as I read the execution of the Teeth.

Rabid Fox not Fox's Teeth they are alive and well somewhere  ??? if I remember where I put them

New Map end of 3100
http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/3081-map/15/#lastPost

Attached is the WarShip list End of 3100

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1340 on: 24 November 2015, 13:10:18 »
A shoehorned one he was Marik noble passing word of a religion they tolerated who had enough connections to never be convicted but was an easy scapegoat.  Also I wanted him in the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth.  Originally when I wrote the character his life on New Avalon actually took him into exile in the Star League Protectorate.  As the timeline evolved a little bit further I decided to steer him home as I found ways to give him an interesting life in the Former Free Worlds League

Hopefully, eventually, as the first Captain-General of a reformed Free Worlds League.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1341 on: 25 November 2015, 00:09:40 »
The Fox's Teeth mislaid somewhere, and on the warship list a number of warships have been mislaid.
And my wife keeps telling me that I am the only one who mislays important things. :D O0
Growing up is optional.

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1342 on: 25 November 2015, 16:32:27 »
The Fox's Teeth mislaid somewhere, and on the warship list a number of warships have been mislaid.
And my wife keeps telling me that I am the only one who mislays important things. :D O0

They've probably fallen down the back of the sofa, i always find 'stuff' i've lost down there.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1343 on: 26 November 2015, 12:32:25 »
Hopefully, eventually, as the first Captain-General of a reformed Free Worlds League.

He has a few obstacles to get over before he can even think about that

Launching Ceremony
Titan Shipyards, Observation Deck
Terra system, Star League Protectorate
7th January 3101

Launching ceremonies were grand affairs this one especially so.  Twenty minutes before Governor of Thorin, and former Commanding-General, Archer Christifori had spoken quite eloquently about the drive that his friend Commanding-Admiral David Natale had to resurrect the Enterprise-class Super-carrier and that he had not a second thought about authorizing work on a second version of the class despite the original’s clear failure.

“Two men made that ship happen” Commanding-General Victor Focht said quietly “one of them is dead and by looking at him the other one isn’t far from seeing the ground up close one last time.”  He continued David Natale had been assassinated by a bomb on board the SLS Shining Claw while the other man Archer Christifori had defied doctor’s orders to travel here today.  Focht had heard that the old General had listened to doctors and stayed away for his own son’s graduation but had come all this way for a ship “ridiculous” he said turning his drink glass slowly looking into it

“I wouldn’t call it that the SLS Enterprise will be a significant asset to SLDF fleet operations as will her sister ship.”

“Which due to cost might take ten years to build” Focht said angrily “we could have had four destroyers for the same cost or an entire Brigade of ground troops fully outfitted and trained” he said thinking of the possibilities.

“You have the authority to ramp up production on the second ship or cancel it.”

“Neither does me any good Admiral Fitzgerald and you know it” Focht said glancing up from his drink at the man.

“If I cancel it I am the bad guy the ship will be named for David Natale, Archer Christifori made sure of that before he retired, you naval pukes will be angry that I’m ‘cutting your resources’ while the bean counters will see it as an opportunity to cut SLDF funding since we obviously didn’t need it.”  He said frustrated “and if I push through its production not only will she launch with not enough pilots for her fighter wings but it will mean I need to cut money going to other areas that need it a lot more.”

“Damn” Anthony Fitzgerald said without a hint of sympathy “at least your not stuck looking at that ugly buggering thing.”  The Admiral commented chuckling to himself the Enterprise-class had been designed to break the mold on SLDF design she was far more striking than many other designs and looked every bit as lethal as she actually was.  Fitzgerald himself was not a massive fan of the vessel’s outward appearance but he was very glad for the two men’s actions that Victor Focht currently cursed.

“Small mercies” Focht commented draining his glass “good luck with your new ship Admiral, good day” he said without another word or salute leaving the Head of the Navy to his drink.  Focht needed to get ground side maybe take out a Mech and blow something up or start a war with someone it would make him feel far better than he did right now.

Reinforcements
Victoria, Victoria Commonality
Capellan Confederation
11th January 3101

Following months of conflict on Victoria the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns move to end the battle with the arrival of the FSS Black Prince, the recently repaired and refitted FSS Pegasus and four additional regiments of AFFS ground forces and three additional mercenary commands.  While ground forces charge towards the planet the two Battleships move past their comrades who had been contesting the space around Victoria with the Capellan defenders.

On the ground the additional ground forces hit the ground running charging at the now grossly outnumbered Capellan defenders. Warrior Houses Kamata and Da Da Chi are completely destroyed in battle as is the Phyr’s Hussars Regiment and the Sixth Liao Lancers Regiment while a Wing of the Hell’s Black Aces are also eliminated.  Of the AFFS assault forces the First Kittery Borderers RCT is almost completely destroyed while four regiments of the First Federated Suns Armoured Cavalry RCT are also destroyed and the First Kathil Uhlans are left severely under strength with Colonel Richard Steiner injured in a BattleMech fall.  Following the battle the Twentieth Kittery Armoured Regiment would be merged with the under strength Armoured Cavalry to prop up the command.  Of the mercenary units called to assist the Medusans lose four assault DropShips, while Clinton’s Cutthroats lose a Battalion of units, the Wild Geese are heavily damaged and the Vanguard Legion are completely destroyed.

In orbit the two newly arrived Battleships go on the offensive supporting Kym Hasek’s Federated Suns Naval forces that were already in the system.  The increased number of aerospace fighters and assault DropShips brought in by the two WarShips and their presence alone quickly overwhelmed and destroyed the CCSS Haji Doru the Feng Huang II-class Cruiser unable to withstand the continuous bombardment from the two Battleships.  The other Capellan WarShip assigned to the system, the CCSS Xuzhou, attempted to avoid the main battle flanking the Federated Suns WarShips causing minor damage at long range.  When it became apparent the Haji Doru was lost and the ground battle was moving against the Capellans the commander of the Xuzhou enacted the Capellan’s “scorched policy” with the bird shaped Xuzhou his instrument.  The Wudang Jian-class vessel turned its weapons on the Victoria shipyards burning down the facilities even as Federated Suns Naval units tore into the seven hundred and thirty thousand ton vessel.  Like an avenging phoenix the Xuzhou completed its kamikaze run impacting with the core facilities of the shipyards eliminating what was left of the once great facilities.

This naval battle ended what was left of the fighting in the Victoria system with it firmly held by the Federated Suns.  Duchess Kym Hasek having survived months of fighting against the Capellans both in space and in Victoria’s atmosphere personally accepted the surrender of the planet to the Federated Suns by its civilian leadership.  In the Capellan Confederation Andurien is made the capital of both its own Commonality and what remains of the Victoria Commonality.

Scout Mission
Periphery
14th January 3101

The Pirate’s Haven that the Rabid Fox were now stranded on was a hell hole the atmosphere was toxic and subject to frequent radiation storms no human who wished to live a long life.  The Rabid Fox had scouted several targets without any luck so far.  “Sierra One to India team we’re in position.”  Christopher Grant said peering down his scope looking at the facility.  Because the Pirate’s Haven had a toxic atmosphere anyone not wearing armour had to wear full facial respirators allowing two members of the team to move through the settlement unmolested but where they were at the moment was heavily guarded and restricted to people the pirates knew by sight only the skill of McKenna Wilde and Sylvester Keeler had gotten them to where they were.

“India One we have good eyes observing now” McKenna replied she was sitting at the corner of the external stairwell of the building keeping watch while Syvester Keeler got the information they needed.

“Sierra Two, India One, you have two incoming.”

“Understood, we’re almost done, is our ex-fill path clear?”  She asked keeping an eye out for guards meant she couldn’t keep an eye on everything.

“Affirmative you are clear” George Hewlett said from his observation point he could see their escape vehicle.

“Guards thirty paces and closing” Christopher said “twenty-five” he said watching them move closer.

“We’re done Chris the data’s confirmed it’s here” McKenna reported

“Shift your ass then” he replied

“Keep your eyes off my ass and and my surroundings please.”  She said both of them were already moving towards their exit vehicle but the guards were closer “shit we’re blown!”  McKenna called out ducking down turning firing her sub-machine gun.  “Sylvester shift it I’ll cover.”  She called out Sylvester was already moving down the steps as McKenna emptied the clip.

“Both of you shift!”  Christopher barked “we’ll cover George let it rip!”  He ordered both of them fired their Magshots taking down two of the enemies.  Suddenly alarms throughout the facility sounded as the pirates were made aware of what was happening.  Both Sylvester and McKenna half jumped off the stairs running to their vehicle.

“We’ve got eyes on you” George said as the vehicle began to move “Sierra One we’ve got a blue hover utility looks like Filtvelt manufacture.”

“Got you” Christopher replied as McKenna Wilde punched the accelerator moving the vehicle towards the bases gates moments later behind them were three other hover trucks firing at the Rabid Fox vehicle.  “Still got you” Christopher said snapping off a shot striking the front of one of the pirate vehicles “damn it missed the engine block” he cursed firing again this time hitting the mark knocking out the vehicle’s power plant.

“Nice shooting boss”

“Thanks Chris” McKenna said seeing one of the vehicles splutter to a stop “we’re heading towards Point Gamma we’ll lead them away and circle around.”  She said above them the sky suddenly erupted with energy as lighting struck out striking the ground near them.

“SERIOUSLY!” Christopher shouted looking up “guys we need to get the out of this storm.  George what do you think?”  He asked George knew more about the planet’s weather than any of them.

“Our armour will protect us for eight to ten hours” he replied taking a shot at the second vehicle missing the target.  Christopher switched frequencies to a private one shared between him and George.

“How long will McKenna and Sylvester last?”  He asked as the sky lit up with further electric discharges.

“An hour at the most depending on how bad the storm gets our armour is designed to protect someone in the void of space human skin isn’t.”  George replied taking another shot this time striking one of the vehicles the bullet went straight through the vehicle’s door and into the pirate behind it killing them.  “She’ll be fine” he said they all knew that Christopher and McKenna were involved before it hadn’t been a problem since they had been in different teams now was different.

McKenna and Sylvester’s vehicle was moving quickly with Sylvester having emptied his weapon and in the process of emptying McKenna’s.  Bullets from the pursuing vehicles were peppering their utility vehicle “this could be going better.”  McKenna said but there wasn’t a reply “Sylvester!”  She barked glancing over her shoulder her teammate was laying in the rear cab a growing puddle of blood below him.  “Sierra One I’ve lost India Two he’s KIA.”  She reported

“Understood” Christopher said glancing up as more cracks of lighting shot through the sky “abandon Gamma come right to us.”

“Are you crazy?  Your armour can only take so much and if we can’t take them we’ll be in a running battle again.  I don’t have my armour” McKenna said her voice slightly panicked as further pirate small arms fire tore into her vehicle.

“Do it, we’ll be ready George set up a surprise.”

“We’ve only got limited supplies boss” George started.

“If need be we’ll break into another cache we can’t do this job with just two of us.”

“We’ll be lucky to do it with three” George muttered Christopher was almost ready to snap at him but noticed the other trooper had already moved Christopher sighted the enemy vehicles taking another shot his shot going wide.  As McKenna turned her vehicle towards them Christopher took another shot this time taking down one of the pirates.  “Ok we’re up approach Bravo McKenna you understand me?”

“Yeah I’ve got it” she replied ducking as more bullets tore through her vehicle.  The Rabid Fox trained how to approach a position of allies or enemies in various different ways a single code word indicated to a trooper how to approach any situation.  Christopher remained higher than George taking the occasional shot at the chasing pirates taking out one of chasing vehicle’s drivers as McKenna continued to close on them George remained down waiting for the hover van to pass-by.  Above in the sky the storm’s intensity was continuously increasing Christopher glanced upwards at the energy being used.

“Mind on the game boss” George said in their private channel reading Christopher’s mind.

“Fifteen count” Christopher said George nodded counting himself in the deliberate Rabid Fox way at thirteen McKenna’s hover vehicle flew over the planned point two seconds later George detonated his planted explosives destroying the remaining vehicle.  “Good count” Christopher said “we’ve got eight raiders still coming on foot.  McKenna is your vehicle still mobile?”

“Affirmative but I don’t know for how long.”

“It’s fine head back to base” Christopher said gunning down one of the still pursuing pirates “George we need to go no jumping in this weather move quickly.”

“Already moving” he said running back up the hill he heard bullets fly past him and ping against the rear of his armour.  Passing Christopher he turned and immediately fired allowing Christopher to retreat for the twenty minutes they retreated like this fortunately for the Rabid Fox the pirate raider’s Mechs were off planet today allowing them to escape.  In the future Christopher guessed the raider’s Mechs would be present as well and now with Sylvester’s passing things would be more difficult.

Family Reunion
Taurian Palace, Taurus
Hydes Cluster, Taurian Concordat
19th January 3101

The new Capellan Confederation Ambassador approached Protector Erik Martens-Calderon she couldn’t have been more than seventeen years old she seemed to have a mixed heritage which wasn’t a surprise given that this was the Taurian Concordat and the Capellans would care little for them.  “Madam Ambassador” he said greeting her.

“Protector it has been a long time” she said there was something about her voice and her look… it couldn’t be.  “It’s me father” Aleshia Centrella said quietly confirming his suspicion “officially I am Ambassador for the Capellan Confederation but soon I turn eighteen years old and would be a threat to my brother so I am not to return.”  She explained Erik rose from his chair and stepped down so he was standing in front of her they were of a similar height and build Erik had not seen her since 3088 thirteen long years.

“You are very welcome here” Erik said

“I understand I have a step-sister” she said seeing the pain on her father’s face obviously still fresh from his wife’s passing.  “I’m sorry for your loss” she said “I’d like to meet my sister when you’re ready.”

“I’m sure that can be arranged” Erik said after a moment.

“And perhaps pay my respects to her mother” she said

“Yes when the time is right” Erik said quietly “we will make sure your time on Taurus is a good as possible if the Capellan Embassy needs anything please don’t hesitate to ask.”  He said all business ignoring the memories and the pain for a moment this young woman was his daughter but it would take time for them to truly get to know each other.  Chancellor Dao-Shen Liao was not a stupid man and although Erik had no illusion that Aleshia was a threat to him he knew that she would also be a threat to Nicoletta in the future.  Erik would be careful around her for a while and ensure things went right they had a lot of time to make up for despite the possible motives behind it he planned on making the most of the opportunity.

Draconis Combine Offensive
Rasalhague Dominion border
22nd January 3101

The Draconis Combine attempt to recover lost territory currently held by the Rasalhague Dominion they reveal three newly constructed WarShips and seven “Ghost” Regiments raised like the original regiments with the cooperation of Yakuza.  The Ghost Bears hold the Draconis Combine back at Luzerne, Byesville and Labrea but Caripare and Asgard are both liberated by the DCMS and their naval support.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2015, 12:33:58 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1345 on: 26 November 2015, 13:01:52 »
Looks like the Victoria War is going to end a few years earlier than the main timeline.  I have to wonder how the CapCon is going to get Victoria back, the loss of 2 warships amounts to a large percent of their available warships. 

I also wonder at the size of the ground forces, have they increased in a similar manner as the warship fleets?  Or do they remain relatively small?

I've noticed that the DCU has had more than 800 warships included in it, and with more than half of them dead the amount of naval conflict is awesome.  O0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1346 on: 29 November 2015, 02:39:25 »
Vition2

Without a Jihad scale war and without a Stone(r) type disarmament and "peace" things have moved forward quicker in some areas than canon - the Capellan falling out with the Star League has caused them more trouble

Ground forces are approximately canon sized - instead of spending a lot on ground forces most of them have spent resources on WarShips - the Federated Suns is one example of that they crash built quite a few hulls but their ground forces have suffered now they've cut back on production of WarShips and are rebuilding their ground forces.

As for the 800 WarShips TPTB gave me a starting block and I like designing, fighting and destroying WarShips  O0

SLDF Firebase, North Nanturo
Vega, Vega Prefecture
Military District of Dieron, Draconis Combine
3rd February 3101

As part of the Star League Defence Force’s agreement with the Draconis Combine and Vega Government the SLDF had permission to land DropShips at their firebase instead of using the planetary spaceport this allowed Lieutenant Morgan Christifori to walk his Penetrator straight off the DropShip and into his new base.  The seventy-five ton BattleMech was escorted through the base and into the BattleMech bay used by the Twenty-first Rim Worlds Regimental Brigade parking the Mech in its bay he climbed out pulling with him his duffle bag onto the gantry and down the ladder to the ground joining the other recruits.

After a few minutes a woman walked over towards them she wore the uniform of the Rim Worlds Brigade which was the same as all other SLDF uniforms but also had a blue shield with a star on it, the insignia of the Blue Star Irregulars Mercenary Command where the Twenty-first Rim Worlds had originated, she was in her late forties from what Morgan could see and wore a Lt Colonel’s insignia.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Lt Colonel Stephanie Webber, your new CO each of you are now part of the Twenty-First Rim Worlds Brigade and part of the Twenty-first Rim Worlds Battle Regiment.  We are the newest regiment in this brigade and we are going to be the best your training begins tomorrow.”

“Yes, sir!” The troopers recited in unision

“Welcome to the Twenty-First.”  She finished “you will follow Leiutenant Hernandez dismissed” she called out the troopers fell out together following the junior officer into the base beginning their service with the Star League Defence Force.

Homecoming
Washburn, Marik-Stewart Commonwealth
Former Free Worlds League
9th February 3101

Duke Joseph Marik walked into the Temple on Washburn he had intentionally avoided returning to Marik directly it did not seem right instead he had followed his heart.  Entering the building he stood quietly at the door for a moment catching his thoughts “still judging yourself before others have a chance I see” a female voice said quietly off to the side he knew the voice immediately turning he saw her.

“Natasha” he whispered “I mean Sister Buckwell” he said more formally she smiled she was shorter than him with long blond hair and expensive looking glasses.

“Welcome home Elder Marik” she said

“Indeed welcome home Joseph” Bishop Callum Roy said stepping out “Natasha to your studies please” he said she nodded giving Joseph another smile before leaving.  “Why did you return here Joseph?”

“My time serving our church was cut short I believed I should return for further duties.”

“I believe your duties are to our nation Joseph.  Your mother and daughter have fallen in service of our nation the burden now falls to you.”  Bishop Roy said quietly

“Am I a moral enough person to lead our nation?”  Joseph asked sitting down on a nearby chair “I killed a man on New Avalon and knocked two others within an inch of their lives.  I left that world in disgrace and now I return to find a nation managing well enough without me at its helm am I to just march in and take charge?  What gives me that right?”  He asked the Bishop the conflict in his voice obvious to the older man.

“You are Duke Joseph Marik, Duke of Marik and rightful ruler of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth and of the Free Worlds League that is your right.  You will not just march in and take charge Joseph that is now the man that you are but you must seek to rule it is your family’s birthright.  Only five families have the right to claim leadership in the Inner Sphere it is time that Marik returns to the prominence it has lost.”  Bishop Roy said trying to instill in Joseph what his parents should have taught him years before despite the sundering of the Free Worlds League and the Wolf invasion there was still room in the Inner Sphere for House Marik to raise once more.

“Then I head to Marik” Joseph said more confidently finding his voice and his purpose.

“You head for Marik” Bishop Callum Roy repeated

“I thank you Bishop” Joseph said bowing his head in prayer for a moment “I will return here.”

“As Captain-General?”

“As Captain-General or dead” Duke Joseph Marik confirmed rising from the chair and marching from the temple his next stop would be Marik and the office of the Captain-General.

Press Conference, Political Rally
Aberdeen, New Canton
Star League Protectorate
16th February 3101

At a rally in front of nearly one thousand people Senator Chang Lau stood proudly on the podium in front of them.  The great thing about the Star League Protectorate was that anyone could rise to a political leadership position including a student who gained his majors degree on Liao and who had received funding via the Capellan Confederation.  Now standing in the capital city of the closest planet to the Confederation his intent was clear gain political office and to drive New Canton back towards the state it belonged to.

Pirate Raid
Broken Wheel, Filvelt Coalition
Periphery
23rd February 3101

The world of Broken Wheel, in the Filtvelt Coalition, is raided by a pirate force known as the Border Lords. Nearly two battalions of Border Lords raid the system causing severe damage to the civilian industry of Broken Wheel and to the Second Filtvelt Citizen Militia taking before they are driven off the planet.  A Condor-class DropShip belonging to the Border Lords is captured by the defenders of Broken Wheel but the ship’s computers are wiped stopping them finding out where the vessel had originated.

Rabid Fox Base
Periphery
27th February 3101

The external doors of the Rabid Fox container opened allowing the Infiltrator III Battle Armour suit to enter.  Slowly it maneuvered into its bay and was quickly followed by a second after a few moments the external door closed and the toxic air was vented allowing the internal door to open and for the two troopers to enter the container.  “Want to hear the big new news from pirate town?”  George Hewlett asked Christopher Grant as he saw their commander sitting at the screens.

“An AFFS WarShip armada has entered the system and we’re away to be saved by the Davion Brigade of Guards?”  Christopher asked sarcastically knowing it wasn’t even close to the truth.

“Almost better than that” McKenna Wilde said triumphantly

“How can it be better?”  Christopher asked now interested

“Nathaniel Gordon is dead” George said triumphantly “one of our shots did a bit more damage than take off his arm the bastard’s dead the pirates are in chaos!”  He said crashing down onto one of the chairs.

“We saw two pirate Mechs fighting each other on the outskirts of the base of operations chaos is an understatement” McKenna confirmed.

“Then it’s time to up our timetable” Christopher said “once your suits are recharged we are going into their facility.  You two will strike at the Brigand factory I will go after Gordon’s records and see if we can get some information about the people lost to these pirates on Malagrotta.”

“I thought we were going to just go after the factory?  The three of us can’t evacuate thousands of civilians.”  McKenna pointed out

“No but we can find information on them” Christopher said “maybe give the next team a chance of helping some of these people.”

“The armour’s going to take a couple of days until we’ve cleaned out the sand, check functionality and powered it back-up” George said glancing back at the four Battle Armour suit’s Sylvester Keeler’s still sitting silently alongside their own.

“We can use that time to study the plans we have and work out how we’re getting to Post Omega” Christopher said.

“Something we wouldn’t need to do if the powers that be had put the comm. grear in all the pods.”  George complained for about the thousandth time.

“Those Black Boxes cost a fortune” McKenna said

“And so does training us but they didn’t skimp on that” George pointed out the money that had been spent on the Rabid Fox training, their Battle Armour suits, the base facilities and their transport here dwarfed that of the cost of the Black Boxes made available to certain supply points but not all of them.

“The bean counters have got to draw a line somewhere” Christopher said looking over at the complaining trooper “when we get back to New Avalon you can lodge your complaint.  Now get some sleep both of you we’re going to have a couple of busy days.”  He said George nodded while McKenna climbed into her own bunk and was soon asleep leaving Christopher to look over the records.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2015, 02:41:10 by Dragon Cat »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1347 on: 29 November 2015, 23:48:00 »
The final Marik coming into play, we'll see how he goes.

I wonder how closely the SL is watching New Canton.
Growing up is optional.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1348 on: 06 December 2015, 05:25:39 »
The final Marik coming into play, we'll see how he goes.

I wonder how closely the SL is watching New Canton.

As close as others technically no laws have been broken...

New update, I'll post the Nova Cat II and the Jade Lion-class within the next few days depending on how swamped I am

Trials of Possession
New Port Royal, Nova Cat’s Den
Periphery
2nd March 3101

After the Nova Cat’s Sacred Rite had visited the Raven Alliance the Snow Ravens returned the visit with the First Raven Phalanx Cluster and the Fifth Raven Wing Cluster, both of Alpha Galaxy, travelling to New Port Royal in the Nova Cat’s Den challenging the Nova Cat’s Tau Galaxy to a series of trials.  Both Clans fight within the realms of Zellbrigen with the Snow Ravens winning four trials and the Nova Cats winning two from the battles the Ravens take away several trinaries worth of production from the New Port Royal factories while the Nova Cats capture a Star’s worth of warriors as bondsmen.  Among the Snow Raven spoils are three examples of the Nova Cat Mk II OmniMech and the right to manufacture the new design.

Confrontation, Marik Palace
Marik, Marik-Stewart Commonwealth
Former-Free Worlds League
5th March 3101

After the gruelling trip from New Avalon to Washburn the trip to Marik had been a far shorter one but one full of trouble finally he was here in the throne room of House Marik.  Over the years of the united Free Worlds League the capital had been Atreus but the windswept world of Marik had remained home to his family.  Since the birth of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth it had also served as capital to the new nation.  Standing looking at the throne Joseph Marik remembered seeing his mother sit there and hearing stories of all the great Mariks who came before leading their family from this room an unbroken chain for centuries until him.

“It’s ready for you” Duke Leonard Stewart said stepping in from a side planning room.

“I will only take it when the time is right.”  Joseph said glancing over at the older man.  Leonard Stewart was a combat veteran having fought in numerous battles and now he was the man who stood in the way of his rule of their nation “I was sorry to hear of the fall of your homeworld it is a horrible thing for a man to be removed from his home.”

“We are currently planning on moves on returning Stewart to our nation.”  He said ignoring Joseph’s comment about his home.

“And in doing so begin a new war” Joseph said “I understand the need to find ones home but this is not a decision for you to make.”

“Not mine to make…” Leonard almost whispered Joseph could hear his anger building “and who should make the decision?  You?  You a man who hasn’t served his people a minute of his life?  Whose own mother couldn’t deal with him and shipped him off to some cult?”

“It is my birthright” Joseph replied calmly ignoring Leonard’s comment on his beliefs.

“It was your mothers and your sisters they both squandered what had been given to them.  I offer you the throne of Marik but it will be a chair and a roof over your head I will be maintaining control over our nation for the duration of this crisis after it has passed we can discuss a transition of power.”

“The threat of Clan Wolf will likely never go away in our lifetime now will the threat of the Isle of Skye so when would we have this discussion?”

“When the time is right Joseph I am the regent of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth and I must do what is right for it.”

“You are my families Regent I allowed you to remain in this position now is time for you to step aside Leonard we can work together to lead this nation?”

“Not today you are welcome to remain within the palace for as long as you wish.”  Leonard said stepping away from Joseph for a moment he was ready to attack the Duke of Stewart but it wasn’t the right decision and he knew that despite his own training against a combat veteran he’d lose.

“I have already decided to return to Camp Summer assuming you have no objections?”

“This world is yours there are no restrictions that will be placed on your movements” Leonard confirmed leaving the room.  Joseph wasted time in leaving the palace retreating to the Marik family's summer estate there he spent the night in prayer hoping that Leonard would heed his worlds and return their nation to where it belonged.  The next morning Joseph returned to the Marik Palace only to find that Leonard Stewart and every senior military leader had already left heading for a staging area near the system of Stewart.  Alone in his family’s palace on the world that bore their name Joseph knew that the future of his nation depended on him stepping up to lead and to Leonard Stewart being removed from the equation by any means.

Debriefing, Secret MI6 Facility
Avalon City, New Avalon
Crucis March, Federated Suns
18th March 3101

It had been two weeks since Christopher Grant had been extracted from the Pirate’s Cluster and whisked back to New Avalon on board the Clarkston the AFFS Bug-Eye type Surveillance Craft gained from Clan Nova Cat.  The ship was now used by DMI Black Ops Christopher doubted that even the First Prince knew some of the things the ship was used for.  It had been a long trip and through much of it Christopher had been left to his own devices on the small craft now however at a secure facility he belonged to MI6 once more.  Sitting in a non-descript office dressed in a duty uniform for the first time in probably years he waited to be debriefed two officers entered both were middle aged both wore the uniform of an AFFS Colonel with numerous decorations including the insignia of the Rabid Fox he would be debriefed by his peers, at least that was something, the two men sat down behind the desk in front of him the first shuffled some papers that had sat there Christopher guessed they were blank ready for his statement “I am Colonel White” the man said introducing himself “this is Colonel Black. We will begin your debriefing on MI6 Operation Integrity now.” ‘Fine’ Christopher thought ‘let’s get to it.’

What followed were hours of debriefing the two Colonels alternating in questioning and changing subject often very rarely straying into the personal or friendly realms but always around this particular mission from planning to extraction.  Finally they got to the last few days of the mission.  “Following the screw up on intelligence which landed us in that mess and Sylvester’s death we were down to the three of us.  We decided as a team to complete both portions of our mission to gather information and destroy the factory.”

“Why you could have run?  After the ambush of your teams and Trooper Keeler’s death no-one would have thought any less of any of you to head to the extraction point and escape to fight another day.”  Colonel Black asked calmly

“We’re Rabid Fox we’re not built that way” Christopher answered he remembered saying that exact line after a successful mission in the Draconis Combine.  He’d assassinated a high ranking DCMS commander without any of it being traced to the Federated Suns fourteen civilians had been killed as collateral damage during the blast he’d been offered a promotion and a position within the Davion Guards he’d replied with those exact words full of bravado and youth today those were gone those words soulless.

“Of course please continue” Colonel White said

“Because I was the most qualified hacker of our group I headed for Gordon’s command base the pirates were still in chaos following his death it wasn’t easy to slip past those that still tried to guard the base.  Wilde and Hewlett headed for the factory…” he said breaking off for a moment.

“Continue” White ordered

“I don’t know exactly what happened but one of the explosives they were planting went off early McKenna Wilde was killed in the explosion.”  He said biting the side of his mouth trying to keep his anger in check.  “Trooper Hewlett extracted and detonated the remaining explosives not enough to cripple the factory but enough to slow operations.”

“And your part of the operation?”  Black asked

“Went off without a hitch mostly I got some information that’s being looked at now by MI2 Division” he reported the two men in front of him likely knew more than he did about that analysis and would likely learn a lot more from it.  “On my way out I must have been seen we had BattleMechs chasing us when we left the facility.”

“So you headed for Omega?”  White asked to clarify his statement

“Negative” we went on a circular route leading the pirates in a merry chase.  After the second day we had to abandon our Battle Armour setting self destruct charges to stop them falling into enemy hands.  By that time we’d mostly slipped our enemies and was on the home stretch.”

“What happened to Trooper George Hewlett if you were so successful why did he end up dead and you the only survivor of this Operation?”  Colonel Black demanded raising his voice slightly not in anger but instead with authority something both men had lacked until now.

“He saved my life” Christopher said honestly “I missed a patch of quicksand while we were approaching Omega I was going under fast before he waded in there and pulled me out.  Before he could get himself free the rope he’d been anchored on snapped I was exhausted I couldn’t get to him he went under before I could react.”

“A terrible way for a man of his calibre to go out” Colonel White said “you’ve been through a lot Leftenant.  I don’t thing you have anything to worry about from this…” he said shuffling his papers again Colonel Black appeared to want to say something but White raised a silencing hand one that a Colonel would never raise to another Christopher had known the two men were not who they said they were this entire time it was the Department of Military Intelligence way.  “There is however a mandatory leave period due following an operation with an outcome like this.  As we must investigate as much as we can you are placed on leave until the investigation can be completed.”

“Can I travel during this period?”  Christopher asked he wanted to go home and not remain in Avalon City it was in his opinion one of the worse places to be in the whole Federated Suns.

“As long as you remain within the Federated Suns and are contactable at any time.”  Colonel Black answered with a nod as he and Colonel White rose to their feet Christopher Grant did the same “you are dismissed Leftenant until further notice.”  He said finally Christopher saluted them which both men returned before he left the room “it was time to put everything behind him and get the hell out of this uniform” he thought walking down the corridor.  He loved the Federated Suns and being in the Rabid Fox but he’d loved McKenna Wilde a helluva lot more now he needed to come to peace with that.

Jade Falcon Offensive
Cubres, Donegal Province
Lyran Commonwealth
22nd March 3101

In an attempt to show that they will not be left behind by the other Clans now will they stop their assaults against the Lyran Commonwealth Clan Jade Falcon enter the Cubres system in the Donegal Province marking the first time a hostile Clan unit had entered the Province’s core since the assaults on Coventry in 3058.  They find the Cubres system woefully defended compared to others in the region with only a local militia unit armed with BattleMechs that dated back to the Succession Wars.  The Jade Falcons quickly secure the planet with very few casualties on either side as the Cubres defenders realize they cannot defeat the Clansmen.  The battle for the planet however is not what stands out as part of the attack completely unnecessary for winning the system it is the WarShip that escorts the ground units that is of most interest.

Based on what appears to be a modified Black Lion design the vessel features vastly upgraded and more varied weapons than any Black Lion every recorded.  The design is so different that Lyran Intelligence Services name the class after this first vessel the Jade Lion at eight hundred-and-ten thousand tons the WarShip is a match for almost anything the Lyrans can throw at it.

This attack further threatens Arc Royal and Odessa while also now bringing Donegal and Tharkad into the Jade Falcon’s striking range with the powerful new Jade Lion leading their forces the Jade Falcons aim to prove that they are as much a threat to the Lyran Commonwealth as Clan Wolf is to the Free Worlds League and the Rasalhague Dominion are to the Draconis Combine.

Government Building, Barns
Victoria, Sirdar PDZ
Capellan March, Federated Suns
29th March 3101

Field Marshal Nathaniel Hasek was one hundred and one years old but still an athletic man and the older commander in the AFFS.  He had remained an active member of the AFFS intending on handing control of the March over to Duchess Kym Hasek it was her right to lead the Capellan March after her father George Hasek and he intended on making sure that happened.  Today was a step in the right direction in front of him stood Duchess Captain Kym Hasek one of the most successful aerospace fighter pilots of the Victoria campaign.  She was shorter than him and had the dark hair of her dead father George Hasek and had every little bit of the determination of a member of her family.  Behind them stood more than one hundred officers of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. “Attention for valour in battle and distinguished service against House Liao I award Captain Kym Hasek with the Limp Sword Award” he said pressing the award to her uniform Kym Hasek saluted him immediately and began to turn away “stand to” Nathaniel ordered “along with this award Kym Hasek you are promoted to the rank of Major and are placed in command of the Fifth Syrtis Fusiliers Interceptor Wing.”  He said naming one of the wings attached to the Fifth Syrtis Fusiliers RCT.  Kym looked stunned but Nathaniel stepped closer leaning in “you can’t stay where you are you need to progress to command.”

“If I’m ready for it I’m a pilot sir”

“It’s in your blood for a higher place in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns” Nathaniel said stepping back “good luck with your new assignment Major.”

“Thank you sir” Kym said saluting before stepping back joining the other officers Nathaniel saw her take her place beside her husband Colonel Richard Steiner of the First Kathil Uhlans RCT.

“We won a great victory here in this system.  The Capellans attempted to salt the earth before they left but we did enough to stop them and ensure that Victoria is still a prize of a world that we have denied the Capellans.”  He said addressing all of the officers “we cannot let up on the Capellan Confederation we cannot allow our victories today to be rubbed away like our Victories of the Fourth Succession War were.”  He said during that war the Federated Suns had reduced the Capellan Confederation to almost half its size but over the years the nation had successfully rebuilt itself each of the Succession States appeared to have the ability to continue on even after many defeats now however Nathaniel and others within the AFFS saw an opportunity one that would be bathed in Capellan blood.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1349 on: 06 December 2015, 06:05:47 »
Nice update as always :) The Jade Lion sounds fearsome and its good to see that at least one of the Foxes got out, terrible what happened to his team mates though.

Register