Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #13: Awesome  (Read 11704 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #13: Awesome
« Reply #30 on: 10 December 2017, 19:28:51 »
Wow, these are some great depictions of a really great mech!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Ryumyo

• Warrant Officer
  • Out site seeing...
« Reply #31 on: 20 December 2017, 23:03:52 »
My turn. 39th WoBM AWS-9Q Awesome that twists. Just needs flock and decals...

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #32 on: 17 August 2019, 13:13:22 »
Here are a couple of my AGoAC Awesomes -- later on I'll get some pics of my older Lance Pack/earlier Beginner Box Awesomes as well.

1. AWS-8Q for the Marik Militia (not so shy about freehanding the Militia logo  :). The paints were Citadel's Nagarroth Night as a base, a wash of Army Painter's Purple Tone and then an all-over drybrush of Xereus Purple, with Mephiston Red and MaCragge Blue for the panel markings. )
2. AWS-8Q for the Silver Hawks (specifically the scheme for a MechWarrior hailing from Callison or Marcus -- the Callison Purple is purple craft paint (IIRC, CraftSmart), with Army Painter's purple tone washed over it. The silver is Liquitex Professional Soft Body Silver and Nuln Oil. The PPC effects were an experiment with a new interference craft paint that flits between purple and blue depending on how the light hits it. I think it's FolkArt, but I don't have the bottle with me at the moment.)
3. AWS-8Q for the Dieron Regulars (the red disc was meant to be the Kurita logo, I just got gunshy about freehanding the dragon -- reuploading as I'd accidentally uploaded the enormous version rather than the reasonably-sized one -- the scheme was done with Vallejo's Brown Green as a base, Camo lines were in Vallejo's Reflective Green and Citadel's Mournfang Brown and Averland Sunset, and the whole was tied together by Agrax Earthshade. :))
« Last Edit: 17 August 2019, 13:31:11 by Pat Payne »

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 17 August 2019, 16:43:01 »
As long as this has already been necro-ed, I might as well add one more...

Free Worlds League - 9th Marik Militia

This happens to be an AWS-8T (2 Large Lasers, 2 LRM-15s and a Small Laser)

Caz

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #34 on: 07 October 2020, 13:59:49 »
Prior Box set plastic model in Lyran Guards colors. 

Rebased on transparent hex.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics