Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #20: Kit Fox/Uller  (Read 4821 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature of the Fortnight #20: Kit Fox/Uller
« on: 26 June 2017, 00:49:12 »
The Kit Fox (Uller), this fortnight's feature, was most commonly seen with Clan Jade Falcon according to TRO 3050.  Since then, it seems to have become synonymous with that Clan (although only three of the seven minis on Camo Specs are in Jade Falcon colors).  If you'd like to learn more about the 'Mech, please see its 'Mech of the Week post.

Like most other original OmniMechs, there have been two metal sculpts:The Kit Fox (Uller) also was one of the lucky Clan 'Mechs with a CityTech plastic mini.  I suspect this was based on the original sculpt.

Please post any miniatures you'd like to share!

Thank you for reading and, especially, thank you to those who post!

Our next fortnight's 'Mech will be the Orion.  The fortnight after that will be the Viper (Dragonfly).

Wotan

• Lieutenant
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #20: Kit Fox/Uller
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2017, 09:20:42 »
Cloud Cobra Gamma Galaxy Kit Fox

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2017, 09:54:34 »
Two available.
Old sculpt Uller as part of Jade Falcon's Epsilon Galaxy.
CityTech Uller as part of Jade Falcon's Iota Galaxy. This one has been modified to represent the B-configuration and was awaikend from its slumbering position while doing that.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2017, 23:49:54 »
Resculpt and original sculpt.

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2017, 21:02:20 »
Does the MechWarrior: Dark Age/Age of Destruction sculpt count?

Clan Hell's Horses Alpha Galaxy Kit Fox S

Clan Ice Hellion Beta Galaxy Kit Fox C
Quote from: worktroll
He's named after a Roman Emperor, and appears to be Elemental phenotype. Levitation's a cinch! :D

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2017, 21:35:18 »
Clan Diamond Shark, Gamma Galaxy.

I finished painting my Kit Fox earlier today.  I'm surprised I finished this early.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2017, 04:15:54 »
And just in under the bell ... I'm not as big a Clan collector as I am an IS collector, and I do tend to the heavier end, but I do have 3 Kit Foxes in colours of the best Clans ;)

From the left, a Kit Fox C in Jade Falcon Delta, a Kit Fox B in Smoke Jaguar Alpha, and a Kit Fox J in Jade Falcon Delta (the little-seen J is basically an A config, with the Gauss Rifle replaced by an Arrow IV(C) system).

W.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2017, 18:06:30 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2017, 08:22:34 »
The image isn't loading for me.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2017, 18:06:40 »
Any better now?
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2017, 18:22:18 »
a Kit Fox J in Jade Falcon Delta (the little-seen J is basically an A config, with the Gauss Rifle replaced by an Arrow IV(C) system).

Unfortunate that configuration is not canonical (official). Because it is actually awesome and good use of the fragile and poor mobility Kit Fox.
It most certainly should be made official...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2017, 18:29:32 »
There ought to be a lot more of the older Omnis being used as artillery, particularly as the configs age & are replaced by newer, shinier kit. The Hellbringer cries out for this sort of use, too.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2017, 04:44:34 »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2017, 19:03:47 »
And i just realized how creepy and alien the Kit Fox looks, thanks to agen2's excellent mini.
Really cements my liking for the Kit Fox, despite the 'Mech being, frankly, pretty crap.

jbressel

• Warrant Officer
  • Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2022, 10:06:39 »
There ought to be a lot more of the older Omnis being used as artillery, particularly as the configs age & are replaced by newer, shinier kit. The Hellbringer cries out for this sort of use, too.

Well....it's canonical now! Kit Fox V config. 100% legit!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2022, 10:25:13 »
Here is my take on the Kit Fox Arrow

Register