Author Topic: 3028-3057 Random Assignment & Rarity Tables - 12 June v10.64  (Read 281686 times)

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
@Xotl
Well the Marik Guard is missing in the Brush Wars table, that is in line with the Lyrans conquering Callison in the 4thSW that the Marik Guard defended, later the FM mentions the unit was "decimated" but as it is not further mentioned in any sourcebook we can assume they were either destroyed or disbanded, maybe their remnants formed the core of the 4th Free World Guards that was formed shortly after the 4th SW but that unit was destroyed in the Andurien Wars so no real info about them too.
I make a list of the Liao units later.

@Frabby
I go in line with the assumption that there is more combat power then the simple listing of all frontline mech units shows us but I guess it is similar to Germany in 2WW, look at there frontline Panzer units they are simply the tip of the iceberg, all the infantry, artillery, support, etc. units form the base for this tip, RCTs are the best example for it. But to assume we have  "gazillion 'Mechs in local militia forces" is ridiculous, sure we have some militia mechs(the Mechs from Garlys Command are a good example) but they surely don't outnumber the frontline units and there quality will in most cases also be on the low end, again just like some Panzer units on the west front using crappy old french tanks.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
Liao Mech units(Surviving 4th SW updated with Brush Wars entries)
Capellan Hussars:
-Red Lancers (3 bat.)
-Blandford's Grenadiers (3 bat.)

Chesterton Reserves:
-Sung's Cuirassiers (2 bat.)
-Kingston's Legionnaires (2 bat.)

Liao Reserves:
-Trimaldi's Secutors (1 bat.)

Confederation Reserve Cavalry:
-2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry (2 bat.)
-3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry (2 bat.)
-4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (1 bat.)
-5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (2 bat.)

Capellan Reserves:
-Stapleton's Grenadiers (3 bat.)

Tikonov Reserves:
-Kincade's Rangers (2 bat.)

Warrior Houses:
-House Imarra (2 bat.)
-House Kamata (2 bat.)
-House Daidachi (2 bat.)
-House Matsukai (2 bat.)
-House Hiritsu (1 bat.)
-House LuSann (1 bat.)
-House Fujita (1 bat.)
-House Ijori (1 bat.)

Sian Reserves:
-Kamakura's Hussars (2 bat.)
-Ishara's Grenadiers (2 bat.)

Independent Command:
-Preston's Lancers (2 Bat. + 1 Co.)
-Death Commando (1 Bat.)

That brings us to 42 Bat. + 1 Co.
Comparing my list with the Brush Wars entries showed that:
-1 unit shrank(Sung's Cuirassiers from 3 to 2 bat.)
-4 doubled(Houses Imarra, Kamata, Daidachi & Matsukai got an additional mech battalion)
-5(6)were reformed(Death Commando, Houses Hiritsu, LuSann, Fujita & Ijori reformed with 1 mech battalion, the sixth unit was the Prefectorate Guard(2 or 3 bat. BW unclear) but it was smashed in the Andurien Wars and disbanded with the leftovers filling up other units)
« Last Edit: 02 April 2011, 22:08:35 by BigDuke66 »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Thanks for the invaluable help as always, BigDuke.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2011, 19:19:45 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Makinus

• Warrant Officer
what is the proportion of regular/royal regiments in the Star League? Currently i´m rolling a 1d6 and if the result is 6 it is a royal regiment...
Against-the-Bot Campaign Rules:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/campaign-rules-against-the-bot-thread-4/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fireangel: hey, it's BT; nothing happens without a sinister reason or a healthy dose of stupid pills

consequences: nothing explains Fasanomics. Any attempt to do so generally results in the bandaid on the sucking chest wound turning out to be a carnivorous lifeform that only makes the bleeding worse.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Taking only mech regiments into account (and assuming a division was 9 regiments), Royal regiments were about 16% of the total, so 1 in 6 works just fine.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 19 May v8.0
« Reply #65 on: 19 May 2011, 19:22:44 »
Almost a year since the last update.  Here's v8.0:

-   Added the new units from RS 3039 Unabridged (Cyclops CP-10-HQ; Hermes, Guillotine, Highlander, Sentinel, Wolfhound variants; Pike and Brutus variants)
-   Added Taurian Commandos
-   Added very small amounts of Catapult -C1s to Davion, Marik, and Steiner, as we know they were deployed all over but there's no indication that they were extinct everywhere else
-   Added more 3039 Kuritan Catapults - they restart production in 3033 on the K2 variant
-   Added some Riflemen to the Kurita A* - I figure it's too common a mech to exclude entirely
-   Added MON-68 Mongoose (the one with the large laser) to the Kuritan A* charts, now that the naming issue has been settled
-   Added TR 3085 Supplemental Prowler tank to all factions at Av 4
-   Added Quirks for TR 3085 Supplemental units and a few others
-   Removed Kurita 3039 A* CRB-27 Crab - there's no evidence they had any
-   Removed all Chameleon -7Vs: the -7V is now the 3058-ish combat model
-   Fixed BV order errors with Flea -4, Wasp -1K, Raven -1X, Kintaro -20, Jagermech -A, Rifleman -4D, Valkyrie -QF, Steiner Locust -1E and Urbanmech -60
-   Fixed BV order error with Liao vehicles that had the Brutus and its variants far too low on the tables
-   Fixed numerous Faction List Av errors, and automated the process of making the Av charts so there won't be any more
-   Fixed math error on 3028 Regiment Experience Distribution Table (thanks Orcmaul)
-   Eliminated the Variant Availability (VA) system and incorporated variants into the Av system, so that one set of numbers from 1-10 tracks all unit types (see below for more detail).
-   Some interesting statistical analysis has resulted in wholesale Av changes across the board.  Huge thanks to TJHairball for providing the framework and Excel data needed to conduct it.  In short, the Av amounts are now tied much more closely to actual numbers of mechs in service in the Inner Sphere whenever hard production numbers or unequivocal amount statements (i.e. "Marik fields the most of these mechs") are actually available.  This involved rebalancing the regiment weight distribution percentages from 3028 and tying the Av amounts into that.  Note that mercenary and Periphery amounts fall outside this.  Basically, every table has changed.  See below for more detail.
-   Lots of little format changes
-   And of course, the new charts:

Star League Regular Army 2750
Star League Royal 2750

I originally went with a separate variant availability system because when I started with just TR 3039 there was only one base model per mech, with all other versions of that mech being variants of that base design, and I figured being able to know at a glance if you were looking at a variant might be helpful.  However, now that I'm getting into later Technical Readouts we'll be encountering multiple "base" models (such as multiple Warhammers, unique to different Houses, each with their own variants), making it a pain to keep two systems that separate base models and variants.  Besides, the VA system didn't do anything the original 1-10 system didn't already do.

SOooo, a lot of little fixes.  Now that I'm errata coordinator, I have even less time to work on this project.  I wanted to get this out at least, as it took forever to overhaul the entire thing, which is what this release pretty much boils down to.  Every single House table has been redone, using the formulas and work I described a few post up.  I can now take something like the following line on the Champion from TR3039:

"House Liao controls most of them, but that edge is only one or two machines over the next prosperous House on the list, House Steiner."

and actually make it literally occur.

Whereas before my tables were isolated things, now they take into account the number of House regiments in the entire Inner Sphere, and can be compared against each other.  Marik is supposed to have the most Trebuchets and Stalkers - now they do, even when compared to Davion's higher regiment totals or Steiner's higher assault mech percentage.  Same with Spiders and Trebuchets.  Davion has the most Mongooses.  Liao and Steiner have the most Strikers, etc.  Any canon reference to "X state has the most/least of these" I've now implemented and, if you are crazy enough to roll up every regiment for every House using these tables, on average that will be true.  It's still not perfect, and it's still not canon, but it's much better than it was.

I would have been done the new 3050 and later tables by now, but I needed to redo the earlier work with this new method before moving on to use it on later stuff (as the previous tables always serve as the base for the next set).  I'm finished revising the old stuff, and am now moving on to the later stuff.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2011, 01:23:59 by Xotl »

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #66 on: 19 May 2011, 19:55:33 »
1. Tagged
2. I didn't see the link to the 8.0 release, can you post that?
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #67 on: 19 May 2011, 19:58:24 »
HEY great work, big thanks!!!

@doulos05
Check first post in this thread.

greywolf79

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 19 May 2011, 20:20:39 »
Awesome work! I just got the 8.0. Cannot wait to see the excellent work you have done to upgrade it (I know it is great because your work is always great).
GreyWolf.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #69 on: 19 May 2011, 21:39:54 »
@XOTL
Error in Davion 39 table, something doesn't seem to fit:
580   586   7   GOL-1H Goliath [80]
587   593   7   AWS-8R Awesome [80]
587   586   0   STC-2C Striker [80]

623   629   7   AWS-8V Awesome [80]

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 19 May v8.01
« Reply #70 on: 19 May 2011, 21:50:37 »
Doh: fixed and reupped.  Thanks again.

EDIT: crap, it's not inserting bookmarks.  I'll have to fix that and reup yet again. Look for 8.02.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2011, 21:54:01 by Xotl »

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 20 May 2011, 00:55:59 »
in the Quirks by Name section p72

Karhu <see notes pg. 83>

there is no p83    ::)
Star League - Egotistical, Mass Murdering Butchers from start to finish.

"Star League caches and Clan-Tech salvage, You're welcome"  - Stefan Amaris

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #72 on: 20 May 2011, 01:13:12 »
Hmmm, all the page references are supposed to auto-update.  I'll check it out - thanks.

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 20 May 2011, 01:18:46 »
also in Quirks, under command mech "Trebaruna" is mentioned several times.  I don't recognise this mech, where is it from ?  TRO 3085 possibly ?

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #74 on: 20 May 2011, 01:29:13 »
Tagged...and thank you.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 20 May v8.02
« Reply #75 on: 20 May 2011, 01:39:44 »
Updated with Karhu page number correction (thanks Rim Worlder), pdf bookmarks, and compatibility upgrades so that it can be read by any version of Acrobat back to v5.

And yes, the Trebaruna is a TR3085 design (a 95 ton quad).

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 20 May 2011, 03:12:19 »
for all the work you do, I can only say thank you.  This is tied with MadCap's OR67 for Best Fan-made Product Ever.

Well, outside of the four foot tall Mad Cat cat bed.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 20 May 2011, 04:18:56 »
I just wanted to say thank you for these tables - I'm using them with an Against the Bot campaign, and they're really scratching an intellectual itch when it comes to fighting what feels like faction-specific forces. I only wish I'd had these back when I was running my first mercenary 'Mech campaign 20 or so years ago!

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #78 on: 20 May 2011, 04:24:16 »
Not sure what you changed but I preferred the way 8.00 because I could easily copy the tables out and every row filled a row in excel, the way it is now I get the numbers in one field and the corresponding text in the field below, not sure if this comes from th backward compatibility(I don't think anyone uses such old readers so no real need for it) or if you changed something else.
I also noted that you used a different tool for creating it, maybe that's the problem.

Besides that I got another one  ;D
Check tables FRR Mechs tables for 3039
911   918   8   STK-3H Stalker [85]
944   951   8   BNC-3S Banshee [95]
There seems to be missing something.

And another small one, just to get the layout uniform, on the SL regular list 3 zeros are missing:
X01-X05 CP-10-HQ Cyclops [90]
X06-010 VTR-9A Victor [80]
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 04:26:17 by BigDuke66 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #79 on: 20 May 2011, 09:25:27 »
Problem : FACTION ASSIGNMENT & RARITY TABLES -> Availability Changes: 3028-3039, pg. 58

Most have either a + or -, but I notice some don't have this before the number... I can mostly read them, but for a product like this and for someone new, it can be a bit randomish. But all in all, keep up the good job.

Are you planning to make an Aerospace version as well, and a Post-Jihad / Dark- Age Supplement?

TT O0
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #80 on: 20 May 2011, 10:34:55 »
Not sure what you changed but I preferred the way 8.00 because I could easily copy the tables out and every row filled a row in excel, the way it is now I get the numbers in one field and the corresponding text in the field below, not sure if this comes from th backward compatibility(I don't think anyone uses such old readers so no real need for it) or if you changed something else.
I also noted that you used a different tool for creating it, maybe that's the problem.

Strange: I always used those compatibility settings in past releases, and had merely forgot to turn them on for the original 8.0 release.  I did switch to a newer version of Acrobat, so I'm imagining something has changed with the settings in between versions.  I'll change stuff for 8.03 and you can let me know if that helps.

Also, thanks for catching the typos - they've been fixed.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 14:11:13 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #81 on: 20 May 2011, 10:39:16 »
Problem : FACTION ASSIGNMENT & RARITY TABLES -> Availability Changes: 3028-3039, pg. 58

Most have either a + or -, but I notice some don't have this before the number... I can mostly read them, but for a product like this and for someone new, it can be a bit randomish. But all in all, keep up the good job.

I've added a note to the Faction List intro explaining this: numbers without a plus or minus means that unit makes its first appearance in that era, at the Av listed (as opposed to the plus or minus, which means it's a unit that was in the previous set of tables and has had its Av modded up or down for the next set).

Are you planning to make an Aerospace version as well, and a Post-Jihad / Dark- Age Supplement?

Aero is highly unlikely - there's really not that many aerospace fighters when you break it down by weight, faction, and era.  As for other eras, yes, I'd like to do vehicle and mech tables for all ther eras eventually.  At the rate I'm going, I expect to reach 3085 by about 3075.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #82 on: 20 May 2011, 10:43:21 »
Was thinking of the all the jumpers, dropships, occasional warship and yes a list of faction specific fighter, not a MUL like listing. Common Aero they would deploy.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Shockwave

• Corporal
  • Cup of tea old boy?
« Reply #83 on: 20 May 2011, 11:10:51 »
It would appear that I am unable to get the PDF....

[EDIT]
Scrap that, I decided to save the blank Firefox page to see what would happen, it save as a PDF which I can now open and see.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 11:14:51 by Shockwave »
8th Talon, Delta Galaxy
Been playing since the first Battle of Coventry. Aff, that makes me a Sibbie. Neg, I do not care.

Klep

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 20 May 2011, 11:16:14 »
I love these tables, and I can't wait to get home and have a look at this new version.  Your efforts on this are greatly appreciated Xotl.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 20 May v8.03
« Reply #85 on: 20 May 2011, 14:14:29 »
Okay, I have to take off for the weekend so I've got no time to make any further correctiosn for a few days.  8.03 is up: remaining table typos corrected, explanation on Av changes added, incorrect reference to Kurita having Crab -27s erased.

Also hopefully easier to copy into Excel (it works for me when I select copy with formatting, but it's also slow): BigDuke let me know.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 20 May v8.03
« Reply #86 on: 20 May 2011, 16:13:33 »
Yes using "copy with formatting" works for me, normal copy not but thats OK as I can get rid of the format easily.

Unfortunately the FRR 39 assault table is worse than before
CGR-1A1 Charger entry misses numbers completely and there also seems to be missing something between the VTR-9B Victor & BNC-3E Banshee [95]** entries.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 20 May v8.04
« Reply #87 on: 20 May 2011, 16:27:29 »
8.04 posted to fix that.  I'm leaving town now, so later!

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #88 on: 20 May 2011, 17:45:14 »
At the rate I'm going, I expect to reach 3085 by about 3075.

O0    you are ahead of where you need to be.   [cheers]

great news, keep up the good work    [whipit]

seriously, an excellent resource, thank you very much.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
Re: 3025-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables - 20 May v8.04
« Reply #89 on: 20 May 2011, 20:54:43 »
The star is off the stage but the show must go on  ;D

Marik 39 Assault table:
201-212 BNC-3Q Banshee [95]
213-212 BNC-3E Banshee [95]**

And the 3 Periphery tables seem to have a wrong date at the top right, shouldn't it be PERIPHERY 3028-3039 instead of PERIPHERY 3028-3057?
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 22:03:11 by BigDuke66 »

Register