Author Topic: What have you seen for unit specific models outside of published works?  (Read 1134 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
We all seen Wolf's Dragoons and Grey Death's Legion unit model but what did you come up with for your own units and why. For instance I came up with a Hover APC with 8 ton battle armor compartment in 3058 to carry my Kanazuchi . This was a clear need that was not addressed until the 3075 and 3085 TROs  . Did anyone else come out with anything unique to address a need in an ERA before a TRO did ?

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
No so much an era, but my fan company Frosh Military Technologies has Merkava tanks (Intro tech and omni) with integrated IFVs.  Because let's face it, if you're naming a tank after a tank known for carrying infantry (and named 'Chariot') it had better carry infantry!
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
I did a bunch of Goblin variants for my Glenmora Planetary Militia down in the non-canon units forum.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Mostly low-tech variants of things like industrial MODs and light tanks for millitias. For example, a Scorpion with a LAC/5 and some rocket launchers
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
25 years ago when there wasn't much in the way of platforms for Arrow IV arty (pre 3058) I filled the gap with converted Partisans.

Register