Author Topic: AtOW for differant Era  (Read 2060 times)

captnchuck67

• Corporal
AtOW for differant Era
« on: 09 October 2016, 14:57:01 »
Can any one point me to a source to use for using this for other eras than 3145? I am looking for the original era and Clan War era mostly.

bluedragon7

• Sergeant
Re: AtOW for differant Era
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2016, 16:00:25 »
AToW is Jihad, for 3025 or early clan invasion use Era Report 3052, for FC civil war and late clan invasion use Era Report 3062

silverfoxdmt73

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2016, 09:39:10 »
I'm running a 3025 Era mercenary campaign and I just disallowed any of the Clan/Comstar related modules.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2016, 13:36:30 »
I'm running a 3025 Era mercenary campaign and I just disallowed any of the Clan/Comstar related modules.
clan related disallow I totally agree with.
comstar definitely existed in 3025 so most of their modules should be at least an option.  definitely could require GM approval however.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2016, 13:54:38 »
As it stands, only way to do campaign currently in the 3025 (Succession Wars) Era is using the Handbook per faction. Admittedly some of the earlier books are dated and don't match up with ATOW, but they can be converted to be usable using the ATOW Companion. 

Another era is Era Report: 2750, which gives you another era to play with.

Campaign Operations has conversion charts you can use too, but not for rpg. I'd have look again at that.  Combat Manuals (like Combat Manual: Mercenaries) which has a mix of Alpha Strike and Total Warfare information for the 3025 era you could still use.  There isn't any ATOW related material in them aside from putting together unit.  Their is heavy combat oriented books, but still good source for this era that IS update.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2016, 18:36:21 »
Era Report 3052 has a pre-schism ComStar module, so that might be a better choice than simply disallowing ComStar affiliation.

silverfoxdmt73

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2016, 03:57:55 »
clan related disallow I totally agree with.
comstar definitely existed in 3025 so most of their modules should be at least an option.  definitely could require GM approval however.

Running a mercenary 'Mech unit, I thought it highly unlikely that anyone with Comstar affiliation would sign up for duty, it ruled it out. I am aware that they existed as an entity in 3025.

Domino

• Recruit
  • "We make war that we may live in peace." - Aristot
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2017, 11:16:34 »
I'm setting up a ATOW game set around 3048 involving the Merchant-class JumpShip Outbound Light.  Comstar and the Explorer Corp are featured of course as well as the various Great Houses and mercenary and pirate units.

In my game a Comstar affiliated player character my find the need to hire on to a mercenary unit covertly, if needed, to accomplish their goals.  Yes, a spy.

Register